Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunboyne Commute

Options
  • 28-05-2015 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all, myself and my husband will be renting in Dunboyne, I am working in the city centre, I was wondering what the commuter service is like to the city centre via train? As I understand it, it is 2 separate stops? Also at weekends what is the bus train service like? Just to add, getting a place to rent in this climate has been a nightmare so we ended up moving a bit away, I hope that Dunboyne works out! Is the commute app. an hour each way bus and train?
    Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭frankymail

The Train to Dunboyne goes direct to the Dockland station in town during the week at peak times. (35 mins journey approx)

Off-peak & at weekends it goes as far as Clonsilla where you hop off and get on a train for Pearse Station (This journey is usually around 50 mins)

The 70 bus goes straight from Dunboyne

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Vixen24

Thank you! Is there a timetable of commute train? The one on Irish Rail refers to stopping at Boombridge? Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Vixen24 wrote: »
    Thank you! Is there a timetable of commute train? The one on Irish Rail refers to stopping at Boombridge? Thanks again.

Ignore Irish Rail on that one. Get off at Clonsilla then switch.

Advertisement