Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exiles WTF!

Options
  • 28-05-2015 10:15pm

jesus christ there's an hour I'll never get back!!!

was having some grub after training and saw this program thinking it was about the irish scene in canada. I'd always wanted to visit, the nearest I got was queenstown new zealand.

what it actually was?? an RTE reality show something akin to those american unscripted "reality shows". Or as the irish cast would say "it's kinda like a realidy show???". young hip urbanites swap their hipster scene in dublin for pastures new on the other side of the ocean!!! boll*x!!! complete with top o de range gaff, high profile job interviews and cameras following 24/7.

is it a pi*s take??? one lad has a thicker west coast american accent than paris hilton, complete with upper inflections!!! he gives gay people a bad name, total wankstain of the highest order, walking self indulgent characature!!

There was some lad from Derry on it, seems like a very nice guy surrounded by manaquinns! jesus is this what passes for telly now days, what a bad representation of Irish going abroad. girls all bleached teeth, fake tanned with californian mid atlantic twangs... to be honest the mere fact I've wasted so much type time on it makes me look bad, but I've had whiskey and fancy a waffle now!

Did all this crack not die with the Celtic Toiger??? I dunno, im 40 now and wouldnt give me testicles to be around young people these days if this is the way they carry on... you know what, id rather watch some traveller exploitation program from RTE than this garbage... I suppose they've lost interest in the ignorant then eh!! only so much darndale hard cases the fat cats at montrose can take I guess!

rant over. time for some UFC!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dunners1984

ha ha, I know what you mean!

in work now with my professional head on me but two work mates, guy and girl were talking about it and had the exact same opinion on it. Thank god, thought I was turning into victor meldrew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

rusty cole wrote: »
    is it a pi*s take??? one lad has a thicker west coast american accent than paris hilton, complete with upper inflections!!! he gives gay people a bad name, total wankstain of the highest order, walking self indulgent characature!!

He doesn't give gay people a bad name any more than the rest of them give straight people a bad name. They just give themselves a bad name.

The show is typical reality fare, really, I guess it's what's popular now. A bit stupid really but mindless if you're into that kind of stuff. Doesn't do much harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I'm assuming our hard earned licence fee is going on flights, putting this lot up in a waterside state of the art house for 3 months, expenses.... seriously

Nordie lad: his singing was good when he did the aria, was less impressed by this take on contemporary hits. he should stick to the classical but probably won't get many pub gigs doing that. he seems like the most genuine of the lot

Stylist guy: maybe it's just me but I don't fully understand this job, putting clothes on people? He did one shoot where the clothes were picked for him and he had to put them on and he thinks he is an expert. There are people like this in every industry, they think they know more than those that have years of experience, serious attitude adjustment needed

Dunno what he does guy: not entirely clear on what his skills are. he wants to make a short film about neckbeards, set in a juice bar, riveting! No doubt there will be plenty of his poetry included which tbh I would sooner listen to Micheal D's. Bringing his girlfriend into the house after a few days was a big no no

Singer: she is trying to make it as a singer/songwriter so decided to go to Canada! why didn't she go on The Voice of Ireland ( ok scratch that). Thinks herself too good to bother calling in sick to the Irish bar. I don't think we have heard her sing yet despite being half way through the series, or maybe we did and she was so forgettable I forgot it instantly.

Model: she might be good looking but not distinctive enough to make it, she also seems to have zero personality but will probably be ok as she glides along on the coat tails of some Made in Chelsea lad, whom I've never heard of though I watched probably 5 series before the monotony of it all made me cop on

Photographer: is there more to getting a high flying job as a photographer than Daddy buying you an expensive camera? turns out there may be which is complete news to this one

Pick a cool sounding career and just go for it, you do not need to do any preparation, have any skills, education or training in that area- just go for it, Canada is full of fools who will not be able to see through your obvious lack of talent in an instant. How do these get visas anyhow?

Sure if it doesn't work out you got a nice little holiday at the expense of the Irish license payer. Bring back Fade Street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I know the derry lad well. I feel bad to say I have never entertained the idea of watching this no matter how many times he bumps it on FB:pac:

He is a very nice guy so Im not surprised if he does come accross as sincere

• Advertisement

why does the fashion lad say he wants to get away from being judged??? he's not being judged for anything but being a dickhead with the worst fake American accent I've had the displeasure of hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

rusty cole wrote: »
    why does the fashion lad say he wants to get away from being judged??? he's not being judged for anything but being a dickhead with the worst fake American accent I've had the displeasure of hearing.

he also comes across as angry for some reason

I know, he has that jimmy sommerville smalltown boy mentality. Oh straightville doesn't get my genius so I'm off to pastures new, away with you one horse town!!

and to prove I'm not a homophobe!! he's ridiculously pretty for a man!! ha ha.
    the other half said he's prettier than most of her mates!;)

Advertisement