Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contemporary culture and society

• 28-05-2015 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi I'm just wondering about the contemporary culture and society course in dcu. So basically i think the content of the course is incredibly interesting and suits me down to a T but I'm worried about career opportunities. Is there many ? Or is it a waste ? If someone could reply ASAP thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭AKeenan348

Katieee323 wrote: »
    Hi I'm just wondering about the contemporary culture and society course in dcu. So basically i think the content of the course is incredibly interesting and suits me down to a T but I'm worried about career opportunities. Is there many ? Or is it a waste ? If someone could reply ASAP thanks.

Hiya,

I want to be at DCU this year too. that was one of my choices. I went for International Relations in the end for my top choice. Have you heard from DCU yet, for an interview or offer? When I did my research on courses, I saved all the pages to do with each course, like the module descriptors and career prospects. Heres what i found.

Journalism, Communications, Media, and the Civil Service are just a few.

I'd also think about doing about doing a Postgrad. My careers counsellor said employment is guaranteed with one.

I also found it a big help to go on UK University sites to similar courses and see what they think of careers in the area.

Heres some websites i found a big help.

-- on the main page for your course, roll down to where you see 'A Future Career'.

careersportal

gradireland dot com

Hope it helps.

Advertisement