Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS rent review

Options
  • 28-05-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I have two questions :

1. I have a house rented through the RAS scheme and I had a rent review last year ( increased slightly ) which was only the second anniversary of the start of the tenancy. The contract states that a rent review will be held in the third year. Was this an error on the council's part ?

2. Is there a possibility of another rent review from the council before the five year contract term ends because of the greatly increased rental rates in my area ?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

djh2009 wrote: »
    I have two questions :

1. I have a house rented through the RAS scheme and I had a rent review last year ( increased slightly ) which was only the second anniversary of the start of the tenancy. The contract states that a rent review will be held in the third year. Was this an error on the council's part ?
    No. In the third year means after 2 years have elapsed.
    djh2009 wrote: »
    2. Is there a possibility of another rent review from the council before the five year contract term ends because of the greatly increased rental rates in my area ?
    Should be another one in the 5th year so in another 12 months or so. What does your contract say?

Are you bargaining with them or just accepting their figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

murphaph wrote: »
    No. In the third year means after 2 years have elapsed.

Should be another one in the 5th year so in another 12 months or so. What does your contract say?

Are you bargaining with them or just accepting their figure?

Thanks for the reply murphaph. I must check what the exact wording is in relation to rent reviews, but your suggestion could be the answer to my first query. I think there is only reference to one review within the five year period though.

I didn't realise that it was possible to bargain with them. Didn't want to risk losing it as this scheme has been ok for me during the last few rough years.

Advertisement