Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening gift - boss

Options
  • 28-05-2015 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

I work in a small team, and the boss and his girlfriend had their first baby a couple of months ago. I have now been invited to the christening - any recommendations on a gift? I brought a gift then (clothing sets from Next) when baby arrived, but am not sure what protocol is - would another little outfit be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

How about a nice photo frame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Lol, yes, another photo frame to add to the two thousand in boxes around their house. (Or maybe that's just my house!).

So, yes, clothes would be lovely, but I think no gift is expected at a christening, especially if you have already given one. Card is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

As pwurple said, a gift wouldn't usually be expected at a christening, especially if you have given something after they were born. Saying that, a good few people double gifted for my little girls christening, it was very thoughtful but completely unnecessary(in my eyes). I usually do bring a small gift to a christening though even if I've given something when the baby was born, especially if it's been a few months between the two. If I've given a voucher for the birth I might give a little outfit for the christening. If I've already given clothes I usually pick up a couple of nice kids/babies/toddler books. Doesn't break the bank and fulfills my need to show up at a party with something!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

We went with an outfit brought in the Pumpkin Patch sale and €30 voucher.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions

Advertisement