Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uk nqt- can i teach in ireland

Options
  • 29-05-2015 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,

I'm nearing getting qualified teaching status , qts , for primary teaching in the UK,( I'm nearly finished the PGCE.) I want to know if I can go back to Ireland and teach without doing the induction year in the UK...

my plan is to finish the Pgce in july- go off to the middle east in september and work off my loans for a year or two, and then come back to Ireland and teach. does anyone know if Ireland requires probation year/induction to be completed in the country of training(UK) ?

thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

mrets wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm nearing getting qualified teaching status , qts , for primary teaching in the UK,( I'm nearly finished the PGCE.) I want to know if I can go back to Ireland and teach without doing the induction year in the UK...

my plan is to finish the Pgce in july- go off to the middle east in september and work off my loans for a year or two, and then come back to Ireland and teach. does anyone know if Ireland requires probation year/induction to be completed in the country of training(UK) ?

thanks guys

Best thing is to make contact with Irish Teaching Council.
    The job situation for teachers in Ireland is dire btw, but who knows, if you have no family/money commitments and are prepaired to sub at short notice you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

You need to have completed your NQT year before being able to register with the Irish Teaching Council, however, there are British School in the Middle East that you can do it in. They need to have 'BSOS' British Schools Overseas Status to do so and registered with a local authority. Most of them will say this on there website if they are.

Advertisement