Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rogue London landlord

Options
  • 29-05-2015 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

hi guys,

i'm living in London and moved out of a shared property a few months back. but I didn't receive my deposit of 750 euro back. the landlord is rogue- he's not returning calls/emails. hes a prick.

I didn't smash the place up- it was left in perfect condition. I was a week or two late paying rent sometimes but that was all.

I don't know what to do, I need the money. this guy has a reputation for holding onto deposits but at the time I had no clue.

I never took pictures of the condition of the property - I don't have great evidence.

what can I do- I want my money back from this piece of crap!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

was your deposit not held in a deposit protection scheme as required by UK law ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mrets

no.he didn't put it into a deposit protection scheme... i was new to uk and didn't know about this- he didn't mention it and it's not mentioned in the contract either.

is this something i could accuse him of?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

yes tell him you will report him and let him know the fines run into the thousands.. if he still ignores you report him. if it gets you the deposit back cash the cheque then report him.

Advertisement