Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on model trains needed

• 29-05-2015 2:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    After seeing some impressive stuff, I am keen in dipping my feet into modeling. Basically what I want is a train set and then build a city/scenery around it, idealy setting it up on a table. I think I want to go with an European-alpine scenery, but then again US city scene is atractive as well, havent decided yet

I've done some research and it looks like I have to choose between N or HO gauges. I want trains to have Dcc, I want them to be detailed, whith all the lights, bells and whistles etc. Will N provide all that or am I better off looking at HO? I'm worried that HO would be too big for a table setup, as I dont want just one circle, but at least few parallel routes. Then again if N is not very life-like, I'm not sure will it bring the joy

Second quesrion - do roco trains work together with, for example, Bachmann tracks/dcc?

What about couplings?

Lastly - are there any good starter sets you would recommend? As it often happens with hobbies, starter sets are usually replaced by advanced stuff pretty quickly so am I going to be wasting my money getting a set?

Comments

Advertisement