Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone got any offers yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

lost my reply, due to a login time out.

suffice to say, and first things first, ...I never said I was MISinformed. There is a distinction to be made between being fully informed, and misinformed. One you would do well to observe.

you seem to have trouble comprehending my point of view, or the reason being fully informed about the 'advanced offer' system might be beneficial to mature applicants with families to consider - especially when the choices aren't as simple as 'what college in my town should i go to study X ?', but when the choices are 'what city can we live in ? since the course i'm applying for is only convered by a single institution in either Galway, Cork, Dublin ?' ... if you don't see the value in having more time to make those decisions then I can't really help you.

Nor can I help you see how, when presented the situation as I was by CAO, why it effectively forced me to make my choice (of where to live and move my family - essentially) earlier than needed.

there are other flaws in your response too, which I just can't be bothered to re-type.

but you seem to know it all anyway, so good for you.

Meanwhile, I don't think most right minded people would argue against the CAO fully informing people about the offer system, should they receive inquiries on this topic. You seem to know already that 'Every college has its own policy regarding informing mature students of offer eligibility. For the most part it’s because mature students tend to have more affairs to put in order.' ... I didn't. I was foolish enough to ask CAO about it and trust that I was fully informed on this topic when they advised me.

anyway, as I said, it's fortunate that I'm not regretting my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

Still waiting on an email from UCC. The suspense is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Still waiting on an email from UCC. The suspense is killing me.

I think UCC give the offers for mature students through CAO from july 1st..

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    I think UCC give the offers for mature students through CAO from july 1st..

I spoke with the admissions office both last week on the phone and this week through email and they advised the provisional offers will be sent out by email this week.

'We are currently preparing the decision emails and this should hopefully be sent to you this week.
    Kind regards
    Fiona'

I spoke with the admissions office both last week on the phone and this week through email and they advised the provisional offers will be sent out by email this week.

'We are currently preparing the decision emails and this should hopefully be sent to you this week.
    Kind regards
    Fiona'

Oh brillliant! fingers crossed so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 loopy80

Got an offer from GMIT BSc in Software Development in early May.

Still hoping for Cork or Waterford to give on.

Got my emails there and I'm eligible for an offer in my top three choices!!!

As far as I can understand from previous years it means an offer is in place and will be awarded officially through the CAO next month.

As far as I can understand from previous years it means an offer is in place and will be awarded officially through the CAO next month.

Brilliant..im ecstatic!!! Well done on your offers also sarah!

Thanks so much!!! Congrats on yours too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

Congrats to anyone that got offers. I received an email from UCC today, in regards to the Architecture course that I applied for. It said that 'I have been put on a waiting list for the Programme'...

Anyone have experience with waiting lists for universities offers? Don't know whether I should deem this as a positive or negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Got offered a place in DIT, which will be formally offered through the CAO in early July! Happy, happy days, I am Van Wilder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

N3ller wrote: »
    First things first

I'm the realest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Got offered a place in DIT, which will be formally offered through the CAO in early July! Happy, happy days, I am Van Wilder :D

This forum should be renamed Van Wilder :D

jony_dols wrote: »
    Congrats to anyone that got offers. I received an email from UCC today, in regards to the Architecture course that I applied for. It said that 'I have been put on a waiting list for the Programme'...

Anyone have experience with waiting lists for universities offers? Don't know whether I should deem this as a positive or negative.

From what i understand you could still get an offer in the 2nd or 3rd round..

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    From what i understand you could still get an offer in the 2nd or 3rd round..

Thanks for the reply, so is that after the LC students get their pick? Or is there a separate second round for Mature students prior to the Leaving results?

Also, has anyone heard back from DIT, in relation to Architecture? Was happy enough with suitability test and got through to the interviews, but still no word back...I rang up admissions last Friday and the guy said that he would be in-touch whenever he heard back from the department...Nothing yet.

I'd prefer if they just put me out of my misery, rather than dragging it out! Told work that I'd know by June...as they need to set aside a few weeks for training of a new hire, if I leave...So in my situation, everyone's pissed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I got my notification letter from UCD today, telling me that I'll be formally offered a place in Science via the CAO in the first week of July. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Pos087

Nearly there folks. Best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

jony_dols wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, so is that after the LC students get their pick? Or is there a separate second round for Mature students prior to the Leaving results?

Also, has anyone heard back from DIT, in relation to Architecture? Was happy enough with suitability test and got through to the interviews, but still no word back...I rang up admissions last Friday and the guy said that he would be in-touch whenever he heard back from the department...Nothing yet.

I'd prefer if they just put me out of my misery, rather than dragging it out! Told work that I'd know by June...as they need to set aside a few weeks for training of a new hire, if I leave...So in my situation, everyone's pissed!
    People are offered places regardless of whether or not that college and course is there first choice on the CAO. Once people accept their first choice on the CAO then the waiting list comes into effect, the higher up you are on it the more chance you have of been offered a place.

Once all Mature Student places are filled in each course you then go into competition with the Leaving Cert students. So, your points from the most recent Leaving Cert you did will be competing against the students who have just completed their Leaving Cert (that has 3 rounds obviously). That's how it works in a nut-shell.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JayIre

Not long to wait now. CAO website says "Round A offers available online from 4pm on 3rd July". I'm pretty worried after seen people on here already informed from their colleges that they've gained a place. Is it common to find out via CAO or do most colleges tend to let people know sooner?

• Advertisement

JayIre wrote: »
    Not long to wait now. CAO website says "Round A offers available online from 4pm on 3rd July". I'm pretty worried after seen people on here already informed from their colleges that they've gained a place. Is it common to find out via CAO or do most colleges tend to let people know sooner?

Think it depends on the college

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

JayIre wrote: »

Says round A offers 4th July from 06.00 reply date 9th July 17.15

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I got an email from admissions in Sligo IT in april saying I've been accepted - I didn't need to do an interview for the place. I checked with the College and they said that yes, I have been accepted and I'm one of the few who was on the basis of application without an interview
    The email I received does state
    The CAO will be in contact with you in due course to make you an official offer and you must respond to the CAO in order to take up your place.
    So I'm waiting for Round A on saturday morning to get my offer.

I'm nervous about it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Pos087

I'm nervous about it. :eek:[/quote]

Ah feck. I thought it was tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Pos087 wrote: »

Ah feck. I thought it was tomorrow morning.

Not so I'm afraid link

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JayIre

Let's not panic until Saturday anyway :)

UTV had it in on their Friday bulletin that the offers are today. But have since updated it, now they say it's 6am tomorrow:

http://utv.ie/News/2015/07/03/CAO-to-make-offers-to-6000-mature-students-40292

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Louis Lane 6

I emailed the CAO last night and the reply I got this morning says "Applicants can view/accept offers on line from 4pm today 3rd July".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

just checked cao online, offers are out, got offered lyit. Do they all come out at the same time? waiting to hear on carlow

Advertisement