Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone got any offers yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Offered mechanical engineering in IT Carlow. Oh yeah baby! So happy....

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

so, I just received a CAO offer at 4pm on the dot....

But it's for my second choice ... so, it's safe to assume I won't be receiving an offer for my first choice - yes ? I got an automated email from the Uni of my first choice saying to expect any offers for that course to be made on July 4th.

but if I received this offer, for my second choice, that's not going to happen - yes ?

My first choice didn't rely on academic points alone, but other factors such as previous experience etc. I wish they would have at least done some interviews as well ... seems a bit iffy to just allocate a contested seat to someone based on their written application without interviewing the candidates first.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dwinkin09

SameHorse wrote: »
    so, I just received a CAO offer at 4pm on the dot....

But it's for my second choice ... so, it's safe to assume I won't be receiving an offer for my first choice - yes ? I got an automated email from the Uni of my first choice saying to expect any offers for that course to be made on July 4th.

but if I received this offer, for my second choice, that's not going to happen - yes ?

My first choice didn't rely on academic points alone, but other factors such as previous experience etc. I wish they would have at least done some interviews as well ... seems a bit iffy to just allocate a contested seat to someone based on their written application without interviewing the candidates first.

I'm in the same boat horse .. Anyone know if more offers will filter through between now and tomorrow or is it wait until next round ??

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JayIre

Lovely stuff, got offered my top choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

dwinkin09 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat horse .. Anyone know if more offers will filter through between now and tomorrow or is it wait until next round ??

Think you only get 1 offer from this round in level 7 and level 8. If you got your 2nd choice it's safe to assume that was the highest you were offered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Pos087

I got offer for social work UCC. I am so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Got my offer today too. Happy days. Now I just have to wait and hope I get approved for BTEA

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Pos087

Got my offer today too. Happy days. Now I just have to wait and hope I get approved for BTEA

I was on btea last year I think it's easy enough to get once you meet a couple of different criteria

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

When can we apply for this? How does that work?
    I got my first choice Lv 8 and 1st choice Lv 7. Same course though. But I won't be able to afford it unless I get BTEA.

When can we apply for this? How does that work?
    I got my first choice Lv 8 and 1st choice Lv 7. Same course though. But I won't be able to afford it unless I get BTEA.

You have to apply for it before the start of the college year. As far as i know, you have to be unemployed for at least 9 months and the course you're doing has to be a progression if you already have higher education

I have a level 7 from years ago and I'm hoping to start a level 8 course this year. I got the form today from my local social welfare office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

Got offered my level 8 choice for Maynooth delighted now just to get loan approved lol

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭I love angels

Just accepted my offer for IADT Applied Psychology. Happy Days.

Good luck to everyone else.

:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭compo1

Got my first choice; Arts in UCC as a mature. Delighted!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Did anyone get a level 8 honours degree offer, or was it all just level 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

I got my level 8 offer for Maynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

I got offered level 7 and level 8 Occupational health and safety in Sligo. Both basically the same course

I submitted a change of mind form after I got my acceptance email from the College adding on a level 8 course that was new this year. It wasn't on the original prospectus and they only told me about it on the open day that I went to. Its showing as my first choice on level 8 but I only got offered the level 7 first choice. Will I still be elligible for the level 8 in subsequent offer rounds I wonder?

Accepted my offer today. Was my 2nd choice. Disappointed I didn't get my 1st choice, but there was only one seat reserved for mature applicants and they tend to give it to people with experience in that area. So at least it's not a poor reflection on my academic abilities ;) ... That's how I'm cheering myself up anyway.

Also, my 1st choice and 2nd choice share the exact same 1st year....and if I perform well enough in that year I can move into my 1st choice from 2nd year and onwards. Worst case scenario I do a h-dip conversion year at the end of my 2nd choice and attain the same degree as my 1st choice with the added bonus of having a joint degree in another subject. What's another year in the scheme of things ? ;)

So, it worked out fine in the end :)

I hope everyone else is happy with their offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Hey so when are people applying for BTEA, right now? or when we get information regarding start and end dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Louis Lane 6

Hey so when are people applying for BTEA, right now? or when we get information regarding start and end dates?

I applied for BTEA. I don't have a start or end date yet. I put a date I think it starts and finishes on and I handed the form into the local social welfare office. I don't know if that'll work for anyone else but it worked for me.

• Advertisement

Ya, I was told by a member of welfare staff that I should apply now if I've accepted an offer... so I'm picking up a form today and will give it to them asap.
    I'll just take an educated guess at the dates if I can't find them out from the information desk.

Normally the college websites will have a calendar for the year with all the start dates. That's what I used for my form. I'm also going to attach my letter of offer from the CAO for proof

My first choice was Arts in UCC. I got that offer. My second and third choices were in CIT. I got an e-mail from CIT today saying the offers were sent out on July 3rd. Does this mean I got no offers from CIT? (Not that I'm complaining, since I got my first choice)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

compo1 wrote: »
    My first choice was Arts in UCC. I got that offer. My second and third choices were in CIT. I got an e-mail from CIT today saying the offers were sent out on July 3rd. Does this mean I got no offers from CIT? (Not that I'm complaining, since I got my first choice)

You only get one offer for Level 7 and one for Level 8 if you have selections made for both levels. You don't get an offer from each college you have applied to.

I applied and told them that I left the dates blank because I haven't got the start dates from them yet. They say it takes a few weeks to do

I got on to the Student Information Desk for the Uni I'll be attending. They gave me the dates and other Uni related details I needed.

I took my BTEA application into the welfare office, and queued up for the information desk as I had a couple queries about my claim.

anyway, I took the opportunity to just submit my form that way. as proof of the offer they took a photocopy of the CAO offer I was sent by post. I had already written on the offer that I had accepted it electronically via the CAO website (written for the benefit of social welfare staff, if you accept electronically you do not return the postal offer).

So... I'm all set. Uni offer accepted, SUSI grant applied for and all documentation provided, BTEA applied for and all documentation provided.

Just waiting on SUSI/BTEA to confirm they'll fund my 3rd level endeavour ... I don't foresee any disappointments on this front. so it's all good.

You only get one offer for Level 7 and one for Level 8 if you have selections made for both levels. You don't get an offer from each college you have applied to.
    Thanks for that.

I got something in the post today from CAO, confirming the offer I accepted.... regarding my BTEA application I'm wondering if I should call in to the welfare office so they can photocopy the offer acceptance thing and attach it to my application... or if the photocopy they already have of the offer itself is enough...
    not wanting any hiccups .... so I'm feeling like I should call in with it ?

hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

SameHorse wrote: »
    I got something in the post today from CAO, confirming the offer I accepted.... regarding my BTEA application I'm wondering if I should call in to the welfare office so they can photocopy the offer acceptance thing and attach it to my application... or if the photocopy they already have of the offer itself is enough...
    not wanting any hiccups .... so I'm feeling like I should call in with it ?

hmmm

Your getting carried away now! Im sure they have enough proof..

• Advertisement

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Your getting carried away now! Im sure they have enough proof..

yes possibly :)

but, I have the slip of paper, I'll be passing there frequently anyway... if it's quite it can't do any harm to pop in.

these kind of 'administrative' hiccups have happened to me a few times in the past, from this office...and I'm budgeting on such a razor fine edge that missing out on just so much as one week's payment (even when reimbursed the following week) will cause me a massive headache and fines probably and I don't have mammy or daddy or family to go to for any short-term loans etc.

so, you know, these things play on my mind

Advertisement