Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank reference for landlord

Options
  • 29-05-2015 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

I met with a potential landlord last night and they want a bank reference. This seems ridiculous to me as I doubt any bank would provide such a thing? Is there any mechanism in place for things like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Lux23

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today on Boards.

This is not something as a bank we would generally provide to a landlord. If you would like to further this query, we would recommend contacting your account holding branch to speak with an Advisor. 

Alternatively, if the purpose of this reference is to assure you have an active bank account, you could show proof of a recent bank statement and blacken out the information on the statement you may not be comfortable with showing a third party. 

Contact details for your Branch can be found here

We hope the above helps, feel free to get in touch with further queries you may have in the future.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

OK, I thought so. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with this either way. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement