Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Piggyback?

Options
  • 29-05-2015 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi All,

Out where I live there is just one Mobile phone mast owned and maintained by Vodafone from which I used to have very good coverage.

- The problem is that no matter how I reasoned with them or what package/plan their young and inventive sales/customer care Team smoothly talked me into my bills were always ridiculous, despite me being a very occasional phonecaller/texter and using WIFI both at home and work.

So I left.

I tired Meteor who didn't even have sufficient coverage for me to ring and complain (misleading coverage map etc.)

At the moment I pay €10 a month to 48 months/mobile and I get on great everywhere except at home where I have to hang my torso and phone out one particular window to make/receive calls....

Anyhow, sorry, not sure how this post got so long - I know that comreg et al have in the past forced operators to share network resources and also sometimes they do this of their own accord for commercial reasons.

So can anyone tell me if I can essentially get Vodafone coverage but through a different operator/company where I don't have to go somewhere private and sob every time I get a bill?

If I'm out of luck then any tips or advice re a cheap Vodafone deal would be greatly appreciated - minimal data required - Just basic internet access for for occasional use when away from home and work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Vodafone have a general policy of charging a minimum top-up of €20 for bundles, and you can opt in to offers using this money.
    The cheapest "offer" is €10 which gives you no data, calls, or other items: only Vodafone to Vodafone texts.

Your cheapest option would probably be the €20 offer of unlimited texts and 500MB data. You can then use the €20 credit for paying for calls.
    If you're willing to spend €30, there's 500MB Data, 5000 SMS to any network, and 100 International Minutes, and you keep your credit.

To be honest, Vodafone's offers are not as competitive as other networks.

http://www.moolamonkey.com/vodafone/

Advertisement