Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PreSeason Friendlies 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dodgygeezer

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Both commentators are fúcking morons.

Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ali looks very comfortable, also covers a lot of ground.

No threat, just like last season really. Utd must be quaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Lloris would've saved Bales shot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lloris would've saved Bales shot

Sandra (Redknapp) would have saved that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Uninspiring stuff.

1st half was awful. Defensively all at sea as usual.

Kane starved of any real service.

Delle Ali looks the part though.

It's nuts, that were left with a solitary striker so close to the start of the season.

There was zero attacking threat, bar Lamela and Eriksen's long range effort. Pathetic stuff, is no one capable of getting to the byline and crossing the ball in? Madrid were just going through the motions.

Wimmer was pretty solid, I expect him to eventually overtake Vertonghen, who's a ponderous oaf. Ali looks most likely to walk into the team. The sooner Trippier replaces Walker the better, he's clinically dead.

Season hasn't even started, and I can pretty much predict how it'll end. There's little free flowing football, no excitement.

Eagerly await our annual last ditch attempt to dip our toe in to the transfer market.

Milan await later.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Poxy Match.

Same old same old...

Where on earth was Wimmer and Toby for the first goal?
    Ball just clipped into the mixer, and Rose is covering and Dier our DM is the only other player in there???
    Vorm must have had concrete boots on, ball was only clipped in, not whipped in...shouldve come and punched it clear and took James head off in the process!!
    Dier i feel done well considering,
    Alli looks very good already.
    All others very pedestrian, even though i know they had to do so because of the schedule, it just was very mundane.
    Can only imagine what this evenings performance will be like.

Vorm

Trippier - Fazio - Jan - Davies

Mason - Bentaleb

Winks - Eriksen - Carroll

Chadli.

Wheres Berahino!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Only saw the second half. We looked pretty dire. Although anytime we have a good pre season we tend to have an awful start in the league, heres hoping the opposite is the case this season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

For the first time in a long time I actually agree with this guy.. Why the **** are we playing these games so close to the new season.

This is the time to be finalising things at our own training centre and not playing in an exhibition tournament in ****ing Germany. If we don't lose by atleast 2 goals against United I'll be shocked.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/harry-redknapp-slams-tottenham-pre-season-plans-ahead-manchester-united-game-1514084

irishmover wrote: »
    For the first time in a long time I actually agree with this guy.. Why the **** are we playing these games so close to the new season.

This is the time to be finalising things at our own training centre and not playing in an exhibition tournament in ****ing Germany. If we don't lose by atleast 2 goals against United I'll be shocked.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/harry-redknapp-slams-tottenham-pre-season-plans-ahead-manchester-united-game-1514084

WOW WOW WOE, Moi????:eek:

Poch said yesterday that 'they' tried to get the United game moved to a Sunday kick off.

What a joke. 2 games in 24 hours. Training in Munich on thursday morning and flying back afterwards with 1 day before the season opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

WOW WOW WOE, Moi????:eek:

Haha no Harry Redknapp in the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think you're all being a bit over-critical.

A VERY young Spurs team played against an experienced Real Madrid team who parked the bus and looked to break on the counter. Benitez had that Madrid team focussing on keeping a clean sheet and making sure everyone was doing their duty.

On the other hand, Poch was testing the kids. He wasn't too concerned about the result.

Sure look at the midfield in the first half - it was Dier, Alli and Eriksen up against Bale, Modric and Kroos. Yet the half-time result was only 1-0?!!

The only way Poch could find out if Dier had what was needed in the DM, was to put him up against the best in a friendly. The same with Alli too. He knows those two won't be playing against Bale, Modric and Kroos when it comes to the competitive matches.

I only had two real concerns;

1. Vorm for that goal. Where's the Vorm who was one of the best shot stoppers in the PL a few years back?!

2. As well as RM defended, Kane didn't get a sniff! We need a speedy winger or someone to get in behind the defence of our opponents.

Madrid were just coasting, that's why the score was only 2-0.

Vorm is a decent keeper, but like any outfield player, needs to be playing on a regular basis.

There hasn't been any pace in the squad for some time, this is why we struggle against most sides. We won games by the narrowest of margins last season. Average teams find it easy playing against a lone striker teamed together with no pace.

. He knows those two won't be playing against Bale, Modric and Kroos when it comes to the competitive matches.

Sure they'll only be up against these lads in 10 league games next year. Be grand.

Depay/Schweinsteiger/Herrera
    Ramsey/ozil/wilshire
    Hazard/Matic/Fabregas
    Toure/Silva/Sterling
    Henderson/Milner/Coutinho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

the result and performance mean nothing really

anyone remember when we hammered Roma 5-0 at the lane in Aug 2008 and then didn't win a league match until November

my main issue is with the fact that we have been sent to play 2 matches back to back 2 days before we go to Man Utd

utter madness - but that's what you get when the global branding objective comes before the football team

regarding the timing of the matches....

We went to Australia straight after the season ended, so we we got back into preseason, he had 4-5 weeks uninterupted going through everything from fitness to shape etc... now these matches are a stroll and glimpse of where we are.

I doubt Poch is over the moon with the timing but he has had a good stretch of time without matches.

Do we really think we'll win or draw at OT this saturday anyway???

Be honest, although its a good time to play them there, i'd bite the arm off them to get a draw!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sure they'll only be up against these lads in 10 league games next year. Be grand.

Ramsey/ozil/wilshire
    Hazard/Matic/Fabregas
    Toure/Silva/Sterling

I've highlighted the players I would put on par with Modric, Kroos and Bale. Only two of them actually play together.

Plus, Dier won't be our first choice DM. He was only tested against the big guns to see if he might be able to drop in as cover at some point during the season or in Europa matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I could be wrong here but I imagine we got the call to play in this tournament after the Premier League "big boys" turned it down due to the week that's in it. In fairness we do look like the odd one out in the company of Real, Byern and Milan.

It's a awful decision to play these games this week but if we get a point or better at Man Utd on Saturday I'll stand corrected.

McGee; Trippier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Dier, Bentaleb; Onomah, Lamela, Carroll; Chadli

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Ramsey/ozil/wilshire
    Hazard/Matic/Fabregas
    Toure/Silva/Sterling

Dier and Alli?

Bentaleb and Mason are still our first choice midfield pairing, and we're likely to buy someone.

Dier and Alli are decent prospects and will get gametime, but are unlikely to be regulars this season, albeit one of them may start on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    McGee; Trippier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Dier, Bentaleb; Onomah, Lamela, Carroll; Chadli

Only 4 first choice players there, and I suspect they'll only play 45 mins.

Be interested to see how Chadli does as a striker, he has the look of someone who could do a job there, has the physique and decent finisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

http://freefootylive.net/spursgame/
    decent enough stream for tonight's game.

Ormus wrote: »
    Only 4 first choice players there, and I suspect they'll only play 45 mins.

Be interested to see how Chadli does as a striker, he has the look of someone who could do a job there, has the physique and decent finisher.

I like Chadli even though most seem not enthused.

Lloris, Vorm, Alderweireld, Rose, Wimmer, Walker, Alli, Dembele, Eriksen, Mason, Winks, Kane

Chadli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bentaleb still has that habit of giving the ball away in dangerous positions, without looking who's in behind.

Lamela swinging at fresh air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great goal from Chadli!!

Advertisement