Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Missing Keys for Honda 50

• 29-05-2015 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

I got a Honda 50 and looking at doing it up but I want to get it running first.
    It has not started for over 10 years and it's missing the keys. I took the Ignition off and there are 4 wires on it.

1. Is it possible to "Hotwire" it ?
    2. Buy a new Ingition ?
    3. Replacement keys ?

Does anyone have any tips on getting it started for the first time.
    I have checked the Oil, put frest pretol in I'm going to clean the carb out

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Buy a new ignition, or get a locksmith to cut a key for the existing one. No need to bypass it. But you could.

Change the oil, if its been lying up ten years, it will be sludge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If there's a code on the lock a locksmith will cut a key for you no bother.

After ten years lying up ~ battery, plugs, oil and filter. Oil and adjust the chain, check your tyres aren't cracked, air pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭SCOL

Do I need the battery ? I just want to get the engine running first if it's a kick start I don't need the battery ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

SCOL wrote: »
    Do I need the battery ? I just want to get the engine running first if it's a kick start I don't need the battery ???

Nope. I thought you'd a mind to putting it straight onto the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭SCOL

Not yet, I want to get the engine started first. Then buy a few bits for it clean it up. I also need to get papers for the bike as the original are lost I assume I just to the the tax office for replacements ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement