Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Bike Shop (Good with Tri Bikes) ?

Options
  • 29-05-2015 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Took my tt bike out for a spin last night and there is a serious noise coming from my crank. Racing Athy tomorrow morning so needless to say there is a serious rush to get it sorted.

Working up in Dawson street so took the bike with me today. Need to bring it to a shop at lunchtime. Can anyone recommend me a good bike shop in the city centre that could sort it for me? Usually do all my dealings with the local shop but wont make it to them before closing tonight...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

You could try Cycleways on Parnell St, it sounds like you might need to change your bottom bracket. A new one is about €26 plus
    fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Cycleways unlikely to do things there and then I am afraid.

Can you describe the noise further?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Every time I pedal the drive side makes a clanking sound.

Every time I pedal the drive side makes a clanking sound.

In all gears or just some?

All gears :(

• Advertisement

All gears :(

If you take the chain off at the front i.e. drop it and spin the cranks do you still get the noise?

Thanks for the help but its now in the bike shop.

Went with 2wheels on south anne street in the end.

Some bearing needed to be changed, cleaned and greased apparently :/

Advertisement