Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phonewatch installed

Options
  • 29-05-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Following a break in we panicked and immediately had phonewatch installed without any real research etc. In trying to figure out the app I came across a number of threads here that give me cause for concern.

Given we're now in contract is there any further (and not too expensive) steps we could take to improve our security? Its just their standard system we've had installed.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

How long have you got this system installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

A few weeks now, longer than the period during which I could cancel it without any hassle...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Would it be over a month?
    Have you ever signed a system design proposal?
    Have they ever come out to do a risk assessment?
    A no to any of the above would be a good reason to cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Following a break in we panicked and immediately had phonewatch installed without any real research etc. In trying to figure out the app I came across a number of threads here that give me cause for concern.

Given we're now in contract is there any further (and not too expensive) steps we could take to improve our security? Its just their standard system we've had installed.

Yes, I would be looking at installing proper locks on doors and windows.
    It is a shame P.W are not using the shock sensors that are available for these systems. A contact on a random window will do little for anyone's security.

Advertisement