Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA Corruption and FAI Hypocrisy re Denis O' Brien

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

What I find interesting about the FIFA thing is that, apparently, some people thought that there was a possibility that they weren't corrupt. I can't imagine a world where an organization like FIFA who decides where the World Cup will be held *wasn't* showered in extravagant gifts (of all sorts) by the countries hoping to be the next host.

I can't imagine Russia *not* having given them a bunch of stuff that helped in their getting awarded the World Cup. But I also can't imagine the US hasn't been doing the same thing, and tried doing the same thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

BizzyC wrote: »
    TBH you're just coming across like a conspiracy loon now, I'd have a more interesting discussion with a wet sponge.

If you can't even pull out a hypothetical benefit then you're just blowing air.

I'm not the problems here, it's the apathetic loons that have this country ruined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I'm not the problems here, it's the apathetic loons that have this country ruined

Yes, because you know how things really work...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

You're a different kind of problem. By seeing a conspiracy in everything, you're muddying the waters the point that people who have reported some uncomfortable truths on Denis O'Brien are also bracketed into the same category as you, making it much easier for legitimate concerns to be dismissed as "just more from the tin foil hat brigade."

Right now you have absolutely nothing that suggests Denis O'Brien & the FAI engaged in anything improper. Nothing. Not a single iota or shred of evidence.

Go off and do some research, and if you find anything of substance that suggests your theory then I'm all ears - but until then I'd recommend sticking to issues where there are actual facts out there in the public domain.

Alternatively you can go full David Icke and claim John Delaney is a Reptilian Shape Shifter; without any evidence to back this up, right now it's on a par with the suggestion that DOB and the FAI are involved in something untoward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 imitation blaster

Anybody care to open their minds a bit now and see Denis does sweet fück for anyone without expecting and usually receiving favours in one way or another

Advertisement