Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google maps streetview updated

Options
  • 29-05-2015 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I see the streetview of Dublin 15 has been updated. you can now look at May 2014 or switch back to May 2009 if you want.

I hadn't realised how much things (my house anyway) had changed in 5 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

They must have taken ours first thing in the morning. Everyone looks like they're still in bed, most of the curtains are still drawn in the estate, incl mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ours is a school day anyway as our car is parked outside our daughters playschool. you can see my husband standing outside having a smoke and myself and my daughter in the car ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

My corner of Clonsilla is still showing 2009 only, perhaps it wasn't a full survey or new content is yet to be updated?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yeah, still only showing 2009 for me too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Oct 2010 is the date on street view for my house
    [Edit] no it's not it's April 2009!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

where are those 2015 areas?
    i see 2009, 2010, and 2014, too. but no 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

d15ude wrote: »
    where are those 2015 areas?
    i see 2009, 2010, and 2014, too. but no 2015.

Either Google did not image the area in its entirety in one set time period or they have yet to update online imagery for certain areas. For example, Blanch village has 2015 imagery, this continues up the Clonsilla Road but then changes to 2014 imagery at Woodview and then down to 2009 imagery at Coolmine Road. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Although it says May, the photography was definitely taken earlier in the year. My neighbour's car is still in the picture and he sold it much earlier in the year. My new door is there though!

EDIT - Just realised it was probably May when they updated the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Looks like a mixture of images from different years alright. My current car is outside my new house and old house (3+ years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I remember the Google car going by and found myself and my 3 year old: https://goo.gl/maps/DdYXF

• Advertisement
Advertisement