Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways to drive traffic to niche sections of site

Options
  • 29-05-2015 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Looking for your opinions here on how to drive traffic to niche sections of my site which are not getting much traffic.
    Which is better - create a minisite which is based on those keywords which redirects traffic to my niche section or create content on my main site with links to those niche sections?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pablo scholes

keep all on the same domain, otherwise you have hosting, seo, tracking for mulitple sites. send traffic from content on the main site. try not to have more than 4 folder levels deep on your site otherwise search engines may never find it. also if its niche products you are selling then adwords could be a good way to boost that section as niche searches can go straight to the niche section with an ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deskirby

Cue,

i'd recommend creating content on your existing site specifically for the landing pages you are targeting. I don't really see the point of developing a separate mini site. Create a blog page and start writing blogs about the niche products you sell. Optimize them for search and include call-to-action links to the niche pages you want to promote. Publish the blogs across your relevant social media sites. Use Google Analytics to monitor and measure the impact of your blogging activity. If done consistently this may increase traffic to your niche pages over time. Alternatively if you have the budget you could test video promotion or PPC campaigns.

Des

Advertisement