Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone know how to report a speedvan?

Options
  • 29-05-2015 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Anyone know how to report a speedvan in an designated area with no warning signs?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

What do you mean with no warning signs?

Do you expect them to tell you when there's a speed van ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SocialSpud

There's meant to be Speedvan warning signs for any designated areas and they can only park in between them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The van has large warning signs on it!

Btw, I saw it crossing the QB this morning s l o w l y, nobody was daring to overtake it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Go Safe van, or Garda van?

Go Safe Van

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Phone citizens information maybe

Yea this speed van is not in the safety zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Where was it? Are you sure it was monitoring speed and not just parked?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Was the van parked dangerously? As i can't see the reason for a complaint if it's not and you follow the speed limits. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Seamus Quirke Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Perhaps it's one of the 370 new locations announced earlier this month?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95527174&postcount=3497

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

SocialSpud wrote: »
    Anyone know how to report a speedvan in an designated area with no warning signs?

GOTCHA!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

snubbleste wrote: »

Btw, I saw it crossing the QB this morning s l o w l y, nobody was daring to overtake it :D

I take a pathetic amount of joy in overtaking them on the road. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Sometimes the vans are in non designated areas to monitor the speeding in that area, they are not active and no one caught speeding is given a fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Mikros

The signs are only advisory - they have legislative basis. They can place the vans on whatever road they want should they so choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Mikros wrote: »
    The signs are only advisory - they have legislative basis. They can place the vans on whatever road they want should they so choose.

A GoSafe van can only issue a fine if its located in a GoSafe designated and marked zone. Outside these zones, a GoSafe van can only monitor traffic and cannot issue a fine.

A Garda van can be absolutely anywhere and issue a fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Mikros wrote: »
    Actually I heard of a van near where I lived not in a designated zone. People got fines but they were all then refunded and points deducted because someone allegedly challenged it. GoSafe van BTW, not a garda one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

SocialSpud wrote: »

Is there some law that has been broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Where would one stand for them being on private property? They are always parked in the old petrol station in ballincarrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Where would one stand for them being on private property? They are always parked in the old petrol station in ballincarrow.

The property owner can ask them to move on. Its a regular occurrence on the Dunmore Road in Waterford. Pretty sure someone took the Gardai to court on the Tramore Rd for constantly standing in their gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Whats the problem with people in Ireland and reporting things to the police..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Asmooh wrote: »
    Whats the problem with people in Ireland and reporting things to the police..

Asmooh, I don't like the tone of your comment and find it threatening. I'm going to contact the Gardaí about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

shanec1928 wrote: »

As far as i know they can only be on privaye property with the consent of the owner.

Advertisement