Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about AirBnB and 'extra guests'

Options
  • 29-05-2015 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

There are 4 of us looking for a place but can only find listings that say they accommodate 2 (e.g. 1 double bed).

If a listing says no extra charge for extra guests, is it ok to go ahead and book one, and have 2 people stay on air beds or whatever (that we supply)?

As long as the place is kept tidy and left how we found it, would it be an issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

I assume it is an whole property you are renting. Not a room (where they would obviously notice the extra guests and wouldn't want them in their house).

So assuming you have the whole place, there is nothing stopping you. But if the owner finds out, and tajes exception to it, you will likely get a bad review, which will make it very hard to get another place in the future. The review system is the control here

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

I assume it is an whole property you are renting. Not a room (where they would obviously notice the extra guests and wouldn't want them in their house).

So assuming you have the whole place, there is nothing stopping you. But if the owner finds out, and tajes exception to it, you will likely get a bad review, which will make it very hard to get another place in the future. The review system is the control here
    I see. I'll hopefully get permission first in that case, but if needs be I'll resort to the alternative!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Where you looking? Just change the search to 4 guests and see what shows up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Intifada wrote: »
    ... Mod snip

Well I do find it hard to believe that you can't find something for 4 people and are just being cheap.

Advertisement