Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord from a different bank sent money online to my account on Monday, still no th

Options
  • 29-05-2015 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My ex-landlord said he transferred my deposit to my account via online banking on Monday, he said it would take a couple of days and I believe he is with a different bank. The money has still not appeared in my account but I am holding out hope that it will show up at some point today but I feel it is looking doubtful. Is there a general time when money appears in ones account? Is there a way I could find out exactly when I can expect the money and if it will arrive today or Tuesday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Purple Frog Eater

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards with your query.

As the funds are being received into a Bank of Ireland Account, unfortunately we would be unable to advise the time frame for receiving the payment as you mention its more than likely coming from another bank. The payment will depend on the sending bank time frames. Although if it's a SEPA payment, we would be assuming it should have been received by now to your bank account.

We would certainly recommend contacting your landlord again and ask them to recheck the account details they sent the payment to and advise them of your concerns. Also, funds can appear at anytime throughout a banking day. 

We hope the payment does arrive shortly for you.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement