Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close bank account

Options
  • 29-05-2015 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello
    I am Lucas Machado, I've been client of bank of Ireland for more 3 years as student, but now I'm back to Brazil.

I'd to know how can I proced to close my bank account and refund the money remaind??
    Any chance to do that by e-mail? or Internet? Because I won't be back soon. and someday just for holiday no for living.

Regards

Lucas Machado

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Lucas

Thanks for getting in touch here with us on Boards today.

To close the account, you can send a written instruction to your account holding branch. Sorry, it's not possible to close account by email/internet or fax request. Contact and address details for your Branch can be found here

Within your letter request, please ensure to include your account details, request, signature and contact number.

If you have a credit balance of 5 Euro or above in your account, this balance can be sent to you.

Within your letter, you can request a bank draft for the balance, please advise who the draft should be made payable to.

If you would prefer the balance to be transferred to another bank account, please ensure to include the necessary banking details of the beneficiary account. i.e. account details, IBAN and BIC, name on account, bank name and address.

Please note, if you have signed up for eStatements online, please ensure to switch back to eStatements before sending request to close account. This will ensure you are able to receive your closing statement. Once a bank account has closed, it's automatically removed from accessing online.

We hope the information helps, if you have any further queries please do get in touch again.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement