Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly parking rate city center

Options
  • 29-05-2015 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

I found loads of threads asking about free parking in the city centre but none about weekly parking. In other words car parks that charge by the hour but have a reduced weekly rate for people that work in the city centre (as I do). The cheapest for the day that I could find was the one near Penrose Wharf (park-it-here I think it's called). That is €8 for the day which is the cheapest there is in the city centre but that still works out very expensive for a week.
    Is there anywhere that does a weekly rate? I know you can get them on daft but I don't really want to use that way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

What's that place across the river from College of Commerce. I think that's long term. On Copley Street

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Pitcairn wrote: »
    What's that place across the river from College of Commerce. I think that's long term. On Copley Street

I know the one you are referring to, I'll check it out, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

The imperial use that for guests how much of it I don't know,you wont find cheaper than the 8 euro id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

€40 per week in town is good value. I'd say you'll find it hard to do better.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

blindsider wrote: »
    €40 per week in town is good value. I'd say you'll find it hard to do better.....

Kent train station is €28 for 7 days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Some people rent out parking spaces by the month: http://www.daft.ie/cork-city/parking-spaces/?s%5Bpt_id%5D=2

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

That's the cheapest way to do it all right.
    May be tied to a contract though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Kent train station is €28 for 7 days.

Yep - and if that's convenient for people, it's the way to go. It's a 12 min walk from e.g. the Imperial (GMaps), and that might put people off, esp. in winter when it's raining.

For the OP, I guess it depends which direction you're coming from. E.g. if you're coming in the Sth Link, then the P&R must be worth investigating - €5 per day or €100 per month. Bus drops you by the Clarion in town. Buses leave every 10 mins or 15 mins off peak.

Parkopedia.com has a useful map etc too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I might use Kent station but I thought they take a dim view of people parking there who are not actually using the train. Maybe they don't care as long as they get the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

lukin wrote: »
    I might use Kent station but I thought they take a dim view of people parking there who are not actually using the train. Maybe they don't care as long as they get the money.

A. They don't care and B. How would they know and enforce that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

lukin wrote: »

Also Kent station has a Coke Zero bike docking station and a new cycle lane into town so it would be quick to get into the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Any free parking by CUH?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sncork

I used to rent a space near popes quay and it saved me so much money, renting a space is the way to go

Advertisement