Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extreme cramming!

• 29-05-2015 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi guys, I'm freaking out. I'm that lazy student who hasn't done a tap. I'm really stressing out due to my own fault and just need advice roughly how many hours of study should I be doing from here on in. I'm confident I can pull it together for most of my subjects except Maths OL, Ag science HL and Art history HL . If any could share some good cramming advice I would greatly appreciate it thanks .
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Step one- get off boards
    Focus on questions you're sure will come up
    Don't panic
    Might seem counter intuitive, but take regular breaks and get lots of sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KatieLawsEnnis

Casio123 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm freaking out. I'm that lazy student who hasn't done a tap. I'm really stressing out due to my own fault and just need advice roughly how many hours of study should I be doing from here on in. I'm confident I can pull it together for most of my subjects except Maths OL, Ag science HL and Art history HL . If any could share some good cramming advice I would greatly appreciate it thanks .

Firstly please please please don't freak out. Maybe you haven't peaked yet and maybe the exams are luming closer but there is always time. Always. Start but putting away all electronics (get off boards!), get into a quiet place and set out what exactly you are having trouble with. Work consistently now but make sure to take breaks too. Go outside for a walk or just have a few minutes of total relaxation. You may feel like staying up all night is a good idea but please please don't be fooled. Go to bed at a reasonable hour and get up early. You will be far more awake and you'll see the progress that you are making. Take each subject in different sections. For subjects like English and Irish look over your corrected work.for all your subjects do exam questions. I cannot stress the importance of familiarizing yourself with your papers! Have a positive attitude and make yourself proud come August. The very best of luck and I hope this helped you in some way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Arpl

Casio123 wrote: »

I'm the exact same as you to be honest. I haven't done much all year and now I'm panicking. I've already been accepted by a plc and have passed my art portfolio assessment for the college I want to go to. I'm just worried that I'll fail Irish and French and now maths because of that ordinary paper 1!!! >:( Obviously, I've already started the leaving cert and i know English and geography went well, I'm just hoping that the ordinary maths paper 1 can be made up by paper two. Also doing higher Irish and French and i suck at languages and I'm wondering if i can do ordinary French even though the oral is different percentage for higher and ordinary. Also to anyone reading this, do you know if you get accepted to a plc that all you have to do is sit the leaving cert and you're allowed to go there? It says on the college website that the entry requirements are leaving cert standard, but I'm not sure what that actually means. I hope we can both pull through and get to where we want to go, but i feel your pain and it's really difficult to look on the bright side.

Advertisement