Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup 2015

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

That was beautiful. That Finn goal was magic. Shields put in one of his superman displays. He was everywhere and deserved his man of the match. I thought it would be a pretty handy evenings work as I thought we dominated last week against them in the league and somehow threw away a win. Kenny has a huge headache when O'Donnell returns from suspension. Who the hell do you drop? One of Finn, Towell or Shields will have to make way if Stevie is to return. I'll leave that one to Kenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

90 minutes away from a Landsdowne Road appearance,...if somebody said that to me in March I'd have bitten their hand off. Delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Pighead wrote: »
    That was beautiful. That Finn goal was magic. Shields put in one of his superman displays. He was everywhere and deserved his man of the match. I thought it would be a pretty handy evenings work as I thought we dominated last week against them in the league and somehow threw away a win. Kenny has a huge headache when O'Donnell returns from suspension. Who the hell do you drop? One of Finn, Towell or Shields will have to make way if Stevie is to return. I'll leave that one to Kenny.
    I'd say the skip will be sitting it out.You cannot drop Shields now,Finn worked his sack off and Richie picks himself.Sligo spoiled for a lot of the first half last night but Dundalk were like a coiled spring and once we got loose BOOM!
    Can see the same v Drogs game going the same way next week,spoil midfield from the start and bing bang wallop hows your missus ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Semi final draw has been made.

Dundalk vs Longford Town
    Bray Vs Cork City/Derry City.

Could end up with a Cork vs Dundalk final, top two teams renewing their rivalry. Also, both to be screened on RTE but will clash with Liverpool v Everton and Man U v Arsenal. Think it clashes with an Ireland Rugby WC game too. Not that matters a tap to anyone attending the games. Could defo hit viewing figures though unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Omackeral wrote: »
    Semi final draw has been made.

Dundalk vs Longford Town
    Bray Vs Cork City/Derry City.

Could end up with a Cork vs Dundalk final, top two teams renewing their rivalry. Also, both to be screened on RTE but will clash with Liverpool v Everton and Man U v Arsenal. Think it clashes with an Ireland Rugby WC game too. Not that matters a tap to anyone attending the games. Could defo hit viewing figures though unfortunately.

I'm sure the FAI are hoping for a Dundalk V Cork final. We could be looking at a record attendance for a cup final in the Aviva.

However, both teams still have work to do to get there, particularly Cork. Beating Derry won't be easy, nevermind a tricky away tie in the Carlisle to come.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I'd say the skip will be sitting it out.You cannot drop Shields now,Finn worked his sack off and Richie picks himself.Sligo spoiled for a lot of the first half last night but Dundalk were like a coiled spring and once we got loose BOOM!
    Can see the same v Drogs game going the same way next week,spoil midfield from the start and bing bang wallop hows your missus ;)

I disagree, O Donnell has been our best player when he has played.

I cant see Kenny leaving SOD out... Meenan/Mountany might be the position to miss out and Finn will be switched out wide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

feck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cmon cork!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I'm sure the FAI are hoping for a Dundalk V Cork final. We could be looking at a record attendance for a cup final in the Aviva.

However, both teams still have work to do to get there, particularly Cork. Beating Derry won't be easy, nevermind a tricky away tie in the Carlisle to come.

The FAI are licking their lips at the thought of that. Huge crowd up from Cork, same with Dundalk, and Im sure it would have a hefty neutral following aswell. What was the attendance at Shamrock Rovers v Sligo a few years back? Close or over 30k if I remember correctly.

Anyway, getting way ahead of myself there, we have to play Derry tonight and it hasn't stopped lashing in Cork for the last three days, so if the game does go ahead, it could be anyones. And then we have Bray away where we never have it easy so alot to do yet.

I would be very fearful of playing Dundalk in the Aviva though, it would suit their game much more so than ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Sometimes the obvious thing that is staring you in the face is the right thing, looks nailed on Cork-Dundalk final to me, and looking like a Dundalk double.

Any of the 3 teams left in the cup would need a Dundalk off-day to beat them, and there are currently no signs that they’d stink enough for anyone else to beat them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

There were over 36 thousand there in 2010. No matter who gets there it won't be close to that.

Nervous already for this. What date are they on? I won't lie, there is a chance of making the final here, none of those sides leave me totally despondent about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bray away is tricky. I would take a draw and get them back to Cork

AgileMyth wrote: »
    There were over 36 thousand there in 2010. No matter who gets there it won't be close to that.

Didn't realise it was that high, ya it won't be near that if it happens.

Realistically I think 20,000 is the most the FAI can hope for even if they do get their dream Dundalk V Cork City final. I'm a bit pissed off with my forward planning as I'm away on my holidays on the 3rd of November. The FAI cup is dead to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'd actually go to Dundalk vs Cork even though I support neither side. Haven't been to the Aviva and always seem to be working on Cup Final day. If I'm off, and they both make it there, I'll be going. I'd be shouting for the Lilywhites.

Bray away is tricky. I would take a draw and get them back to Cork

Of course we have to win tonight first. I can smell a Derry win though the nearer it gets to K0

Hope rain clears

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Of course we have to win tonight first. I can smell a Derry win though the nearer it gets to K0

Hope rain clears

Doubt the rain will clear, but it should lighten which would be fine. Tough , tight game tonight but I am thinking we will get through. If we win, Bray have drawn at home to us and lost 1-0, despite playing most of that game with ten men, another draw and win the replay I reckon, but we have to get over Derry first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Pighead wrote: »
    Realistically I think 20,000 is the most the FAI can hope for even if they do get their dream Dundalk V Cork City final. I'm a bit pissed off with my forward planning as I'm away on my holidays on the 3rd of November. The FAI cup is dead to me.

Done that before although in fairness I booked the holiday after we got knocked out by Sheriff. All know what happened there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dan1895 wrote: »
    Done that before although in fairness I booked the holiday after we got knocked out by Sheriff. All know what happened there
    Don't know if you've heard by now but we beat ye that day anyway.

On mobile so can't embed, but the corner flag broke in Cork tonight and the kitman is holding the flag!

#greatestleagueintheworld

What a Goal by Gaynor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Didn't hear for about 3 weeks actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

What a Goal by Gaynor

Lovely bit of skill by Miller just before the goal as well.

Poor enough first half made all the worse by disgraceful refereeing display, which unfortunately carried over to the second half.

I urge people to watch Soccer Republic tonight just to see Gaynors goal.

• Advertisement

Yep it will be worth it

You won't see better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I cant see Kenny leaving SOD out... Meenan/Mountany might be the position to miss out and Finn will be switched out wide

Will O'Donnell be fit to play? Any news on his injury or recovery? Broken nose injuries can be difficult/complicated to recover from sometimes.

I'd be shocked if Finn is shunted out wide. He's our most in form player. Why would you move him? It's taking him a few months to get used to the system and find his feet but over the last month he is really started to shine in the No.10 role. No way Kenny will move him out wide.

For me Towell, Finn, Meenan and Horgan are guaranteed starters over the next few games. Kenny's only decisions will be picking between Shields /O'Donnell and Kilduff/McMillan.

Personally I see him going Shields and Kilduff (at least for the next game against Drogs. After that who knows).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

What a strike..

Video really doesn't do it justice though

Bray v Cork on at 2pm. Glad its not clashing with the rugby, unlikely I'll make it up for the game!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mushy wrote: »
    Bray v Cork on at 2pm. Glad its not clashing with the rugby, unlikely I'll make it up for the game!

Live on network 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Courtesy of a Mr Richard Winter.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Live on network 2

Yup, I should have said that. Will be wearing my Bray jersey in Cork that day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dan1895 wrote: »

As did your players but in fairness they knew where the money was coming from :pac::D:pac:

Mushy wrote: »
    Yup, I should have said that. Will be wearing my Bray jersey in Cork that day!

If it's the New Home one nobody will notice the difference :)

Advertisement