Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any plan for the long weekend?

Options
  • 29-05-2015 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I know that Tayto Park is a nice to place to go for a long day, as they have quite many things...other than that, I don't know how to deal with the coming 3, actually 4 days off.

Any parents have good ideas about how to spend time with child at long weekend when no school or creche would open at all?

Many thanks,
    Hope

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Go to the park,do art,go to the play ground,get the train,go to the beach,the ist is never ending.
    How old are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Are these your own children, or are you wanting to take nieces/nephews somewhere for a treat?

Your location and the children's ages would be good.

I'd say play with them. :) Ball games, picnics on the grass, building cardboard fort. Camping in the garden. What do you like doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hopehope

Thank you Moonbeam and Pwurple for the reply!

We don't have any relatives to get together...My child is a 5 age boy.

Sometimes I feel I don't have that energy to play with him, especially 3 or 4 days off.

And it is always rainy and cold here, we went to beach once...really really cold and windy so we come back soon.

We are in Sandyford area, other than Imaginosity, any other choices we can consider?

Many thanks again and have a nice holiday!

Hope

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Ruby31

hopehope wrote: »

Sometimes I feel I don't have that energy to play with him, especially 3 or 4 days off.

And it is always rainy and cold here, we went to beach once...really really cold and windy so we come back soon.

We are in Sandyford area, other than Imaginosity, any other choices we can consider?

Hope

I feel your pain! I have a 2.5yo and an 8yo and my partners gone abroad for 2 weeks so I'm stuck trying to entertain them on my own!! I always bring them to the playground which is great, but the forecast for this weekend is terrible.

Would you bring him to the cinema in dundrum? There's an indoor play centre where Total Fitness gym used to be in the sandyford view apartment complex, or Funky Monkeys in Dundrum S.C. But if you're heading there, go early or all the big kids will be there railroading the small children!

If you were happy to venture further afield, there's Panda Play Cafe on Anglesea road.

Would he enjoy swimming?

There's also Jumpzone in Sandyford where there's trampolines.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

hopehope wrote: »

Hope

Hope hope, we live very near sandyford. Things we do:

Panda play cafe (terenure or ballsbridge)
    Funky monkeys (dundrum town centre)
    Deer park play ground (mount Merrion)
    Booterstown playground (have a lovely little play area)
    Marks and Spencer (dundrum for a scone and hot chocolate)
    Stephens green (get the luas from Ranelagh and feed the ducks)
    Zoo (Phoenix park) went here today and had great fun. Went from 10am till 12 and missed the crowds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Dress for the weather and you'll have great fun.

My 4 year old absolutely loves rain and wind. A chance to wear wellies and jump in puddles, her idea of awesome! I get pestered to go out when it's raining. And if it's just windy... Out with the kite.

Keep an eye on events in the local media. Bank holidays usually have loads of stuff on. In cork this weekend there's the harbour festival, so there are open naval vessels to visit. Boat Races to watch. Free Face painting and balloon animals along the quays. Model boat building. Plus the marathon, which we can watch from bridges above it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Tall Ships are In along the convention centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I live near Sandyford too. Sligo1 gave a good list but some other things we do include:
    Swimming in Meadowbrook - public pool
    75 bus to Dun Laoghaire - scoot along pier, visit the library, playground outside itsaBagel
    Stillorgan library is small but has a nice kid's section
    Luas to town - at 5 he should love the Natural History Museum
    There's a new playground overlooking the Dodder at Milltown that's really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Lego
    Baking
    Family movie
    Family walk
    Play ball outside

Advertisement