Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer

Options
  • 29-05-2015 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'm really sruggling to find a summer job. I'm a 16 year old boy I'd like to try my arm at anything really but no where are calling me back I've no experience or anything. Does anyone no specific places not general ones like 'a supermarket' that would hire an inexperienced 16 year boy for the summer or even a weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

PM Sent

I think at your age, you'd need to know someone within the company/supermarket etc. that could put in a good word for you.

Or get to know the managers in your local shops etc and let them know you're available and enthusiastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 KG7571

PM Sent

I think at your age, you'd need to know someone within the company/supermarket etc. that could put in a good word for you.

Or get to know the managers in your local shops etc and let them know you're available and enthusiastic.

How do you think I should let managers know I'm available and enthusiastic without being annoying and constantly trying to hand in cvs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

KG7571 wrote: »
    How do you think I should let managers know I'm available and enthusiastic without being annoying and constantly trying to hand in cvs?

Sometimes you have to be slightly annoying! To a certain extent, it might be embarrassing at the start but if you hand in a CV and they tell you they have nothing at the moment, make sure they have your phone no./email address and call back in a week or so.

Advertisement