Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disc reading issue

Options
  • 29-05-2015 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

my xbox 360 has been acting up since yesterday with not reading discs and acting like there isn't any disc in the tray. it literally wont read them and simply states ''open disc/close disc'' where the game would normally be displayed when popped into the xbox. its an older white model. help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Robsweezie wrote: »
    my xbox 360 has been acting up since yesterday with not reading discs and acting like there isn't any disc in the tray. it literally wont read them and simply states ''open disc/close disc'' where the game would normally be displayed when popped into the xbox. its an older white model. help appreciated.

Usually means the laser has gone in the disc drive.

You can get laser online and follow a youtube guide to replace it yourself or find a local pc repair place as alot of them will sort a console for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

its miraculously come back as I type this and is now reading the game, but I think there could still be a problem of the laser half working as it has happened once before. thanks for advice ant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Robsweezie wrote: »
    its miraculously come back as I type this and is now reading the game, but I think there could still be a problem of the laser half working as it has happened once before. thanks for advice ant :)

Yeah it wont die straight away mine was like that for about 3 months before it went completely. Not sure how true it is but I was told newer games also put more stress on it because mine went completely playing gta 5. If you install most games to your hd you could stretch it out a good while since it will only need to read disc for authorization to run the game and therefore be less stress on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

My young lad is having similar issues with the discs not being read and also a few scratches have appeared on discs leading to some being ruined. Anyone else suffer from this?

Advertisement