Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First-time renter query

Options
  • 29-05-2015 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

How do you secure an apartment if u like it? Do you bring cash? How do people pay? Sorry first time renter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

OP I have edited this one but in future please use proper thread titles that actually refer to your query. Thanks

Other posters please remember this is not the After Hours forum and that the A&P charter applies.
    Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

corsica wrote: »
    How do you secure an apartment if u like it? Do you bring cash? How do people pay? Sorry first time renter.

I would advise having at least work references ready and maybe even a letter from your parent (assuming you currently live with them) stating that you are paying them some kind of rent on a monthly basis.

It is tough to find a place to rent at the moment, and when you go to open viewings its depressing to see your competition on the day. I couldn't find a place to rent at all last December/January, so I decided to apply for a mortgage and buy (luckily I was in a position to). Me and my friend both had work and previous rent references and we just couldn't get a place.

It was very tough.

Advertisement