Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Oppo have their own dev team but they're not great, ColorOS lets their hardware down a bit. Seems like staffing is limited and as soon as a new product is released all the old products get feck all support (more so than traditional OEMs).

Great hardware though so if you like ROMing then they're a good buy. Wish they'd release a new truly high end handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RockBadger

Hi all. Sorry to jump in like this but Im kinda lost. Have a mlais m52 for half a year now and am at my wits end trying to source the original s-view case for it. Ordered it from Dealsmachine and then Aliexpress but never showed up from either. Cant see it in stock anywhere now as the phone is growing older. Super phone/spec for the price but no Gorilla Glass. I see other cases and sleeves but no s-view types any more. Any one able to help? Thanks.

I was refunded by both parties-I gave up after 3months waiting:(

Thanks for the links but this is the original case that cannot be found

http://i0.wp.com/www.gizchina.com/wp-content/uploads/images/L1070395.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

RockBadger wrote: »
    Thanks for the links but this is the original case that cannot be found

http://i0.wp.com/www.gizchina.com/wp-content/uploads/images/L1070395.png

Oh, sorry, I hadn't looked much, it seems it has been discontinued. I'd say if you send a couple of emails you may get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Anyone recommend a Chinese phone for about €150 5.5 inch with gyroscope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thinking of the Ulephone Power due to that immense battery :)

Anyone know the best place in Europe to buy the Chinese Phones (without custom)

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Thinking of the Ulephone Power due to that immense battery :)

Anyone know the best place in Europe to buy the Chinese Phones (without custom)

Looks great, how on earth can a phone with those specs retail for €150? Thanks a million, just wondering how do I know if it has gyroscope?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭metroburgers

Allyall wrote: »
    $369 + €17.50 shipping - http://www.oppomart.com/xiaomi/mi5.html
    oppomart are usually the cheapest of any EU warehouse options.

An MI5 is only 330e for example, delivered with no taxes
    myshirt wrote: »
    And lots of bloatware apparenty..
    When I was researching grey market suppliers, consistently Oppo came up as having bloatware installed with random ads popping up, a lot of server redirects, increased use of ram by chinese processes operating in background, modified versions of Xiaomi.eu roms

Poster on here got on well though I believe, but I am avoiding myself due to the amount of times I seen it over in XDA
    Allyall wrote: »
    Yes, they do have a lot of bloatware. But for the price difference, a restore factory settings is no problem.
    Either is flashing a rom, as many people do that anyway.

Thanks for all the info! I ordered a Mi5 from Oppo yesterday and will do a factory reset whenever I get it! (Also if you x out of their website, they'll give you a 2% discount code, got 6e back :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Looks great, how on earth can a phone with those specs retail for €150? Thanks a million, just wondering how do I know if it has gyroscope?

I don't think he was replying to your query.

specs here: http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/f52e390e

Don't think that one has Gyro though.

My old favourite the TCL M2U does but is a bit above that budget, or my new contender is the Elephone P9000.

Are you looking at using it for VR ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thanks, looks like wooden back only there though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Figured this would be the best place to ask I received my zenfone max on Tuesday and picked up a micro sim Wednesday which activated last night, I can send messages and receive calls but it never seems to connect to a 3G or 4G network at all even when I pick them manually. I'm on three by the way phone specs are here https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-Max-ZC550KL/specifications/

eamonnq wrote: »
    I don't think he was replying to your query.

specs here: http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/f52e390e

Don't think that one has Gyro though.

My old favourite the TCL M2U does but is a bit above that budget, or my new contender is the Elephone P9000.

Are you looking at using it for VR ?

Yes eamonnq, bought the VR set in dunnes and the kids love it though the only phone that works with it in this house is the hubby's lumia 950, which I hate because of lack of apps etc. I have an iPhone 4s from work so would like a better phone while work still pays the bills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

Check the UMi Touch, costs around 150€ or less, great specs. I don't know if it has a gyroscope or if it's good at all. Wait for reviews before buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, Jiayu S3, Meizu M2 Note and Umi Emax all have.

I'd probably go for the Jiayu. I didn't look very hard or far, but I think it works out cheaper to get that model from China and pay the VAT.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/5-5-Inch-IPS-JiaYu-S3-4G-LTE-Phone-MTK6752-Octa-Core-2GB-16GB-Android-4/601953_32261400848.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

PeteSco wrote: »
    Check the UMi Touch, costs around 150€ or less, great specs. I don't know if it has a gyroscope or if it's good at all. Wait for reviews before buying it.
    I've ordered one and been told they have been recalled due to severe quality issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Looking at the meizu mx4 any reason not to get this? Or anything better for the price?

Yes eamonnq, bought the VR set in dunnes and the kids love it though the only phone that works with it in this house is the hubby's lumia 950, which I hate because of lack of apps etc. I have an iPhone 4s from work so would like a better phone while work still pays the bills.

Will they be using headphones with the VR set ?

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    Will they be using headphones with the VR set ?

Never even thought of that but yes probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Whats the compatibility issue with the VR set?

Whats the compatibility issue with the VR set?

A gyroscope is required, no other issues AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I've ordered one and been told they have been recalled due to severe quality issues...
    Yep, that's why I said wait for reviews. Nobody knows how this smartphone really is.

@Missymoohaa if you spend more than 150€ pretty much any smartphone will have a gyro, unless it's just some crap that you shouldn't buy in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Yep, that's why I said wait for reviews. Nobody knows how this smartphone really is.
    For less than €100 it was worth the punt. If it works and has near Android 6.0 as rumoured I'll be happy. I don't think I'd go for it now at €150 with all the delays its experienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Looking at possibly selling my Redmi note 2 on and picking up something else. Its actually a good phone now and even miui isn't annoying me much. Have a bit more funds now so might treat myself to a nice upgrade.

Anyone know anywhere to get decent value when selling on? Adverts will be the death of me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

RossieMan wrote: »
    Looking at possibly selling my Redmi note 2 on and picking up something else. Its actually a good phone now and even miui isn't annoying me much. Have a bit more funds now so might treat myself to a nice upgrade.

Anyone know anywhere to get decent value when selling on? Adverts will be the death of me!

I just sold my umi zero with software problems to someone in Germany on eBay for 79 euro. I was getting offers of 20 on adverts and unfortunately via private message on boards too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ah jaysus I never got back to ya about that. Looks like it worked out well for you. Fair play to ya, must try eBay myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just beware that An Post wont officially take phones and if you misdeclare contents it wont be insured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Yes, definitely.

You do know that Oppo and Oppomart have absolutely sweet f#ck all to do with each other?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement