Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Thanks for all the info! I ordered a Mi5 from Oppo yesterday and will do a factory reset whenever I get it! (Also if you x out of their website, they'll give you a 2% discount code, got 6e back :pac:)

That phone is getting insane reviews around the place and from reputable sources. Good buy! Post back how you get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Oppo and Xiaomi are completely separate companies though??

Correct. Oppomart sell both. It's Xiaomi I bought myself, but off another supplier.

Thankfully no bloatware on mine, but as posters have said you can flash another rom with a bit of research.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

RossieMan wrote: »
    Ah jaysus I never got back to ya about that. Looks like it worked out well for you. Fair play to ya, must try eBay myself.

Haha don't worry about it. I knew it was going to be a struggle to sell it.

Just an FYI for those posting abroad. Post office would not accept it and said I could not post a battery abroad and said to use a courier, which was far more expensive. I just went to a different post office and they took it no problem. Insured too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The big issue is its not insured, its a false declaration which voids your insurance.

However they have no idea what you've put it in, so if it comes to it ya know what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭beardo81

The Xiaomi Mi5 is €376 on Honorbuy & €335 on Oppomart, which is more reliable and quicker shipping?

Looks like a beast of a phone for the price, no SD card slot though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭browne_rob5

beardo81 wrote: »
    The Xiaomi Mi5 is €376 on Honorbuy & €335 on Oppomart, which is more reliable and quicker shipping?

Looks like a beast of a phone for the price, no SD card slot though?

My phone took 2 weeks to arrive with Oppomart. Feedback on boards seems to be fairly positive overall with Oppomart so that's why I chose them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

RossieMan wrote: »
    The big issue is its not insured, its a false declaration which voids your insurance.

However they have no idea what you've put it in, so if it comes to it ya know what to do.

The mad thing is they knew. They insured it for 70euro. I told them the problem I had with other post office and asked about the rules and they said it was fine. So I also used them to return my lenovo x250 from eBay to UK also. Insured for 350 and sent no probs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Another recommendation please. I find all the different models here a little bewildering so any help would be appreciated ...
    • Budget: aprox. 300 EUR.
    • Screen size: 5.2 to 5.5 inches.
    • Must have NFC.
    • Do not want to buy a OnePlus phone.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭beardo81

My phone took 2 weeks to arrive with Oppomart. Feedback on boards seems to be fairly positive overall with Oppomart so that's why I chose them

Cheers.

Just an update for anyone interested in the Mi5. I've emailed them and Oppomart have the 64gb white available for shipping now, the 32gb will be in Stock next week apparently.

Wonder would the 32gb be sufficient in terms of size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

Anyone ordered a chinese phone from Amazon?

I ordered the Ulefone Power 2 weeks ago.
    The Dhl tracking number they quote has 12 digits so wont work..

Does it take the full month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

smilerf wrote: »

I got stung waiting for one item (A camera lens) from China on Amazon. Never again. I now double check where everything is coming from because it's a pain in the ass if you're waiting for something. I got on to Amazon Chat and spoke with them. They weren't very helpful (as there wasn't a lot that they could do), but I think they need to rethink their strategy of allowing Chinese sellers. They definitely need to mark them more clearly so that people are aware it's coming from China.
    That said, even from China, DHL should take less than a week.

Try this site - http://www.trackitonline.ru/

and get on to Amazon chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

JTMan wrote: »
    Another recommendation please. I find all the different models here a little bewildering so any help would be appreciated ...
    • Budget: aprox. 300 EUR.
    • Screen size: 5.2 to 5.5 inches.
    • Must have NFC.
    • Do not want to buy a OnePlus phone.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

Elephone P9000 ?

http://www.elephone.hk/P9000?v=Parameters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Allyall wrote: »

or Aftership.com or 17track.net/en/

The aftership app is really really useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

Is the tracking number like RFXXXXXXXXXXCN or different?

PeteSco wrote: »
    Is the tracking number like RFXXXXXXXXXXCN or different?
    it's a 12 digit number in 961

Ordered the Elephone P9000 against my usual advice to wait for a while after a phone is released before ordering one, fingers crossed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

eamonnq wrote: »
    Ordered the Elephone P9000 against my usual advice to wait for a while after a phone is released before ordering one, fingers crossed now.

The Gizchina review put me off getting it. Need to get my wife a phone for her birthday and thought it looked like a great phone. Think I'm going for the Redmi Note 3 Pro now. She has the Mi3 that seems to be on its last legs, just not sure if this would be much of an upgrade. Was also looking at the Oneplus X but she like Xiaomi. Need to pull the trigger this week so any advice would be great.

Allyall wrote: »
    I got stung waiting for one item (A camera lens) from China on Amazon. Never again. I now double check where everything is coming from because it's a pain in the ass if you're waiting for something. I got on to Amazon Chat and spoke with them. They weren't very helpful (as there wasn't a lot that they could do), but I think they need to rethink their strategy of allowing Chinese sellers. They definitely need to mark them more clearly so that people are aware it's coming from China.
    That said, even from China, DHL should take less than a week.

Try this site - http://www.trackitonline.ru/

and get on to Amazon chat.
    ye you're right about Amazon chat. They'll contact the seller blah blah blah.
    Least I got an Indian one I could understand this time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭ahmsalo

I have Xiaomi note 2 and its a good phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

it's a 12 digit number in 961

Alright then maybe it's a legit DHL tracking number.. It still doesn't work?

• Advertisement

DHL should be only 9

aaronm13 wrote: »
    The Gizchina review put me off getting it. Need to get my wife a phone for her birthday and thought it looked like a great phone. Think I'm going for the Redmi Note 3 Pro now. She has the Mi3 that seems to be on its last legs, just not sure if this would be much of an upgrade. Was also looking at the Oneplus X but she like Xiaomi. Need to pull the trigger this week so any advice would be great.

The camera seemed to be the only real issue with the phone, was waiting on the Elephone M3 (with the better camera) but the impatience got the better of me, as I had someone lined up to buy my TCL M2U.

Might be a cheap P9000 going on adverts when I do get it!! :D

No I've been on to Amazon and hifone both no help. Hopefully comes soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

The camera seemed to be the only real issue with the phone, was waiting on the Elephone M3 (with the better camera) but the impatience got the better of me, as I had someone lined up to buy my TCL M2U.

Looking forward to seeing your review when you get it. I need a good camera in the phone I get for my wife so that rules the p9000 out, beautiful phone though. Any recommendations with a good camera in that price range. The redmi note 3 is my preferred choice at the minute.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing your review when you get it. I need a good camera in the phone I get for my wife so that rules the p9000 out, beautiful phone though. Any recommendations with a good camera in that price range. The redmi note 3 is my preferred choice at the minute.

The TCL M2U is still the best phone I have had so far, camera on it is very good too. Am actually suprised it does not get more attention. I got a few of them for 'friends and family' and they are all delighted with them.

Not much in the way of custom roms etc. for them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

No I've been on to Amazon and hifone both no help. Hopefully comes soon

TBH I would get onto paypal and request a refund, might give the seller a kick in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I saw a review of the P9000 which at first said the camera and the fingerprint sensor were mediocre at best, but he then uploaded an updated review focusing on those two issues, and he said Elephone pushed out a few updates that drastically improved both functions.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I saw a review of the P9000 which at first said the camera and the fingerprint sensor were mediocre at best, but he then uploaded an updated review focusing on those two issues, and he said Elephone pushed out a few updates that drastically improved both functions.

Yep, saw that but there are some reviews saying the issue with the camera is not software related but rather to do with the lenses used. I had a look at some sample pics etc., and I think I can live with it. I tend to bring a camera to any 'events' or 'days out' etc. so the camera on the phone only gets used when I don't have the camera. The TCL though was making me think I don't need to bring the camera a lot of the time too though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

Anyone have this phone?
    Ive just ordered the AXON Elite.

SPECS: snap810 3gb/32 expanable.
    fingerprint unlock, eye retina unlock, voice unlock!
    DUAL rear camera set up with apeture change setting to f1.0- f5.
    HIfi audio chip with Dolby software.
    UGLY designs everywhere with cheap looking fake leather at the tp and bottom of rear! (it can be excused for material to have better antenna reception haha)

Anyway despite the cheap looking exterior, the specs are good. It is a bit of a gimmick having multiple "biometric security" features. will i feel like james bond?-NO fingerprint may not be as fast as some newer models, ill have to see. And probably never use the eye and voice unlock.

Battery is 3000mAh with fast charge 2.0.

what you guys think?

WWWWWW .ztedevice DOTCOM /product/0688cbf7-504d-4a29-bfde-ed757db0e091.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement