Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You'd be mad to buy that over the oneplustwo for a similar price.

Even the moto x might be an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

JTMan wrote: »
    Another recommendation please. I find all the different models here a little bewildering so any help would be appreciated ...
    • Budget: aprox. 300 EUR.
    • Screen size: 5.2 to 5.5 inches.
    • Must have NFC.
    • Do not want to buy a OnePlus phone.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

the one i posted has NFC.^

Now you will see a thread in Bargain Alerts saying Android PAy has taken off here, (in bargain alerts because when you set up you get a free 5er)
    Just pointing out that this function of android Pay is only available to certain models of Phone..list in that thread, mostly brands from carphonewarehouse- not the lesser known brands.
    Said Id point that out incase this was a feature you would like with your NFC phone.

Can i ask WHY you need nfc? Its handy for speakers maybe, but once you use it once, your device will save the connection in bluetooth and connect automatically the next time anyway.

Maybe you need it for uses for NFC tags that might be of interest to others here?

RossieMan wrote: »
    You'd be mad to buy that over the oneplustwo for a similar price.

Even the moto x might be an option.

I paid Alot less that the Oneplus2.

The 1+ doesnt have dual camera rear setup, Im sure it has the same lense as the Axon, the sony imx214, same as the oneplus1 had also.

PPi on the AXon is over 400, what screen does the oneplus use?
    EDIT: just checked the spec sheet- Im sure they probably have the SAME screen both list as same size and 401ppi.
    The Axon also has antimicrobial gorilla glass! for anyone with germ OCD!!

the hifi headphone sound Is better on the Axon id say, 2 X audio chipsets. Not sure if the Oneplus2 has any hifi chip?

meh i never liked 1+ anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The Axon Elite is available for 180e on gearbest atm by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Axon Elite is available for 180e on gearbest atm by the way

I have been led to believe fairly recently that they sell clones. I know about their other tactics and bad customer support, but just recently heard about this in the past few weeks.
    I won't pretend to know a lot about the intellectual property rights and copyright laws over there, but apparently they're lax enough to allow that site to sell lesser quality versions/clones for cheaper without risking prosecution.
    As many of the Chinese phones aren't copyrighted over here, they can easily sell them here also. But they don't, they just sell them from China.

TL:DR
    Buy from them and you're on your own, ZTE won't fix your faulty "ZTE" phone.

EDIT -
    I have been told that from a couple of Chinese stores. It may be a rumour/said out of anger or be misleading. I believe it, and wouldn't risk buying it from them.

• Advertisement

Spec sheet is fine and all that, but often it doesn't give you a real review of the phone. Reviews of the phone you've posted aren't that great from what I've seen of it back in October, its why it's plummeting In price.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Spec sheet is fine and all that, but often it doesn't give you a real review of the phone. Reviews of the phone you've posted aren't that great from what I've seen of it back in October, its why it's plummeting In price.

ships next day from EU warehouse!

i looked at reviews on youtube, ALL good reviews about the camera and sound quality.
    The customised UI, now thats another story haha. It is abit ugly and full of **** you dont need(most ZTE bloat should be easy to delete) and i fear from xda threads that any rooting and customising can not go as smoothly as other devices and not worth the risk as its a headcahe finding the original ROM to revert back to.
    If you can get over that (And Im sure there will be people who will love the sleek ZTE UI, though its not to my taste) that its quite a good phone from the reviews Ive seen.
    No issues with the snapdragon810 overheating in this model.

Ill let ye know my feedback on that site ( im not sure we are allowed mention here!!) But they have shipped today from EU warehouse for me.
    Ill also post my feedback on the phone itself and if i would consider it an upgrade or not from my Xiaomi note 3.
    If i Dont like it, Ill try sell it and get the Ulephone Power for better battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

bigmike99 wrote: »
    Ive just ordered the AXON Elite.
    ships next day from EU warehouse!

Ill let ye know my feedback on that site ( im not sure we are allowed mention here!!) But they have shipped today from EU warehouse for me.
    Ill also post my feedback on the phone itself and if i would consider it an upgrade or not from my Xiaomi note 3.

I call BS on this, you 'just ordered it' and it ships 'next day from EU warehouse', but they have 'shipped today from EU warehouse for me' ???

Where did you order from ??

eamonnq wrote: »
    I call BS on this, you 'just ordered it' and it ships 'next day from EU warehouse', but they have 'shipped today from EU warehouse for me' ???

Where did you order from ??

hahhaha what does it matter to you whether some random guy online is lying about ordering a device or not! ill post my tracking code for you guys so as proof? Why would this bother you!
    "just ordered it" yes within last 24hrs and when SOMEONE ELSE brought up the deal i had gotten, i said the shipped for me today.
    and yes they shipped with tracking code within 24hours. Now im sure i paid $5 more for DHL and they say in email use code with "IReland Express" which i think is just anpost...so i think they just sent it regular post from the EU warehosue.

You'll probably end up paying for customs while using gearbest and their ''eu warehouse''

Look forward to the reviews, but I think the specs are complete overkill and the phone itself will be a let down. All the reviews I looked at pointed this way.I got the redmi note 2 instead when buying, wasn't worth the extra for little so called perks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I saw a review of the P9000 which at first said the camera and the fingerprint sensor were mediocre at best, but he then uploaded an updated review focusing on those two issues, and he said Elephone pushed out a few updates that drastically improved both functions.
    Yep, I've seen those too.

Xiaomi Mi4c is on Aliexpress from €138.

Even with Vat, it's roughly €170. Great price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Allyall wrote: »
    Xiaomi Mi4c is on Aliexpress from €138.

Even with Vat, it's roughly €170. Great price.
    Dont need it but went for this been dying to get a xiaomi for years.

Anyone have this phone?
    Ive just ordered the AXON Elite.

what you guys think?

WWWWWW .ztedevice DOTCOM /product/0688cbf7-504d-4a29-bfde-ed757db0e091.html

hahhaha what does it matter to you whether some random guy online is lying about ordering a device or not! ill post my tracking code for you guys so as proof?

What does it matter to you what 'us guys' think ? You have said you already had ordered the phone, so is it not a bit strange to be asking what people think AFTER you have ordered it ?

I initially meant my BS comment was regarding the seller shipping it when you said they did (or when they said they did), they may well give you a tracking number but that is not even the same as them actually shipping it, but I think from the rest of your posts regarding the phone we all know what we are looking at (one of the reasons your wonderful site was banned from even being mentioned on here a while back.)

Best of luck with your phone, and hopefully you will not have to deal with your wonderful sites customer service as then you will see how wonderful they really are.

Did they give the phone to you for free by any chance ?

Gearbest EU warehouse is notorious for still making the customer pay for customs. They hold a tiny amount of phones with some fella named Jim* in the uk who lives beside the airport. Most are actually shipped from China. If you did a simple search you'd see plenty saying the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I got my Zenfone max from tinydeals EU warehouse they dont have much of a selection really but it was shipped from Germany and I wasnt charged any customs.

Apparently my Elephone P9000 will be delivered to me today.

Only ordered it from a wonderful supplier 5 minutes ago, they say that they will ship within 10 minutes but they shipped it to me in 5 (from their warehouse next door to me so hopefully no VAT charges will be due). :rolleyes:

Wat u guys tink ? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Apparently my Elephone P9000 will be delivered to me today.

Only ordered it from a wonderful supplier 5 minutes ago, they say that they will ship within 10 minutes but they shipped it to me in 5 (from their warehouse next door to me so hopefully no VAT charges will be due). :rolleyes:

Wat u guys tink ? :cool:

Get over it and get a life.

ill post my tracking code for you guys so as proof? Why would this bother you!
    qwabercd wrote: »
    Get over it and get a life.

I'll post my tracking number as proof!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

This convo has gone childish and sHilly :pac:

• Advertisement

P9000 just arrived, looks nice, light, screen is excellent. Took a few quick photos with it and they seem ok, will give it a bit of a further test when I can, but all good so far!! Not sure I like the feel of the back of it, and will probably have to get a case for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

P9000 just arrived, looks nice, light, screen is excellent. Took a few quick photos with it and they seem ok, will give it a bit of a further test when I can, but all good so far!! Not sure I like the feel of the back of it, and will probably have to get a case for it.

That's was a quick turnaround. What's the build quality like, gizchina report of loose buttons. Also how's the OS? Need to order a phone by the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

So far I have been lucky. Have had 10 different orders and no major delays. Standard 2-4 weeks. Android tv boxes mainly.

Sometimes they send via Hungary to avoid tax. That slows things down quite a lot, not that they're particularly fast anyway.

This convo has gone childish and sHilly :pac:

sHilly, im sure you dont mean that, it was just hard to pass up a Pun :)
    Eamon did mean it though, I never mentioned where I purchased the phone from and I never mentioned a price.
    Now eamon You are being childish...Me saying I just ordered the phone was meaning within the last 24hrs and yes i just checked emails yesterday and it was indeed shipped within 24hrs. Tracking number is for anpost and showing in the Uk right now.
    Im aware of there bad service reports from the site that YOU speak of (girlfriend ordered me a device for christmas that I got end of JAn!) But this is also true of many china sites that claim to have stock when they do not have stock and this is why the estimated order processing for most china sites can be 3-5 days.
    Im confident Ill have the phone by next Monday to report back on it.

Also expecting a delivery from geekbuying of a tronsmart intel atom baytrail dual boot tv box (running kitkat and win10) ordered the same day with DHL , so be interesting to see which comes first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Having an issue with my Xiaomi Mi4c, notifications lights have stopped working all of a sudden. Made sure settings were ok. Just wondering if anyone came across something similar. So annoying having them woking and now they are gone!

Edit. Just realised it only happens in silent mode. Stumped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

sHilly, im sure you dont mean that, it was just hard to pass up a Pun :)
    Eamon did mean it though, I never mentioned where I purchased the phone from and I never mentioned a price.
    Now eamon You are being childish...Me saying I just ordered the phone was meaning within the last 24hrs and yes i just checked emails yesterday and it was indeed shipped within 24hrs. Tracking number is for anpost and showing in the Uk right now.
    Im aware of there bad service reports from the site that YOU speak of (girlfriend ordered me a device for christmas that I got end of JAn!) But this is also true of many china sites that claim to have stock when they do not have stock and this is why the estimated order processing for most china sites can be 3-5 days.
    Im confident Ill have the phone by next Monday to report back on it.

Also expecting a delivery from geekbuying of a tronsmart intel atom baytrail dual boot tv box (running kitkat and win10) ordered the same day with DHL , so be interesting to see which comes first.

In fairness Chinavasion ship in 24 hours so I doubt you're a shill.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Davidkiller

HI I bought a goophone I6S PLUS from Dhgate and I got a letter from the customs this morning saying infringing property right as its supposedly counterfeit goods.Im wondering has anyone had this problem before and is it possiblee to get it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CarFan100

HI I bought a goophone I6S PLUS from Dhgate and I got a letter from the customs this morning saying infringing property right as its supposedly counterfeit goods.Im wondering has anyone had this problem before and is it possiblee to get it back

I believe it will be destroyed in these cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Davidkiller

I know you can fight it if you believe it shouldnt be destroyed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement