Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

HI I bought a goophone I6S PLUS from Dhgate and I got a letter from the customs this morning saying infringing property right as its supposedly counterfeit goods.Im wondering has anyone had this problem before and is it possiblee to get it back
    Sorry to tell you this but.. HUGE mistake. Why would you even buy a fake iPhone? You can get a good enough smartphone in that price range, if you consider how much they will charge you just for the "Apple" look, then you're getting a much worse smartphone paying the same.
    Also, customs would be right in destroying it, it's an iPhone copy and it's infringing Apple's property rights.

There isn't much you can do about it.
    Good luck, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Davidkiller

PeteSco wrote: »
    Sorry to tell you this but.. HUGE mistake. Why would you even buy a fake iPhone? You can get a good enough smartphone in that price range, if you consider how much they will charge you just for the "Apple" look, then you're getting a much worse smartphone paying the same.
    Also, customs would be right in destroying it, it's an iPhone copy and it's infringing Apple's property rights.

Good luck, though.

I paid $20usd with voucher and there is no apple logo on box

PeteSco wrote: »

Good luck, though.

I paid $20usd with voucher and there is no apple logo on box or phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

HI I bought a goophone I6S PLUS from Dhgate and I got a letter from the customs this morning saying infringing property right as its supposedly counterfeit goods.Im wondering has anyone had this problem before and is it possiblee to get it back

Someone here not long ago had a similar problem, try searching the last Chinese Androids Thread for it, I believe he just said it wasn't an iPhone it was a gooPhone or some ****e and showed a receipt saying gooPhone and they released it, no promises though

Someone here not long ago had a similar problem, try searching the last Chinese Androids Thread for it, I believe he just said it wasn't an iPhone it was a gooPhone or some ****e and showed a receipt saying gooPhone and they released it, no promises though

Cool thanks for help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

By not long ago it was probably 6-9 months but I remember it happening, which says a lot :pac: Best of luck getting it anyways, and avoid clones in future man!

By not long ago it was probably 6-9 months but I remember it happening, which says a lot :pac: Best of luck getting it anyways, and avoid clones in future man!

Thats for sure didnt think i would run into this ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's a clone, what did you expect? I'd be surprised if they released it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

zerks wrote: »
    I was interested, then I saw it was only in gold. Do people actually buy gold phones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I'm waiting for the Gold MI5 to come into stock at Oppomart, or the Gold Meizu Pro 6 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I was interested, then I saw it was only in gold. Do people actually buy gold phones?

Oppo have moved away from performance handsets and into the selfie/fashion space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Allyall wrote: »

Cost me about 210 all in from Chigon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Kavrocks wrote: »

I've got an OPPO R7S and it's not as garish as it sounds .

It's got a matte finish and is a fairly pale colour , with only the logo on the back that's polished .

Mine lives in the clear case that came in the box , and it dulls the colour a little bit more.

I wanted one in silver but gave up waiting for it to become available .

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

eamonnq wrote: »
    Cost me about 210 all in from Chigon.

How is it so far?

ninja 12 wrote: »
    I've got an OPPO R7S and it's not as garish as it sounds .

It's got a matte finish and is a fairly pale colour , with only the logo on the back that's polished .

Mine lives in the clear case that came in the box , and it dulls the colour a little bit more.

I wanted one in silver but gave up waiting for it to become available .

:)

What do you think of the R7S?

Would you mind giving a quick summary? Hows the camera and the 615 performing?

What do you think of the R7S?

Would you mind giving a quick summary? Hows the camera and the 615 performing?

I like it :)

I upgraded from a Nexus 4 that was giving me some problems (rebooting randomly , turning itself off ,feeling boiling hot in use ,etc.)

The Oppo R7S feels really like a premium handset , really solid without being too heavy .
    As I mentioned above I would have preferred Silver (or any colour other than gold ) but it's not as garish/in your face as it looks in the photos .

Camera seems good ,although I don't use it too much .There's plenty of options/settings for it .

Don't use the front camera so can't comment (Don't take selfies :D ) , although a limited Skype test seemed to work fine .

I don't notice any lag , even with loads of apps / chrome tabs open .

Battery is good , I often go without charging it at night .
    So two days with normal use - calls , light web browsing / using apps .

A friend of mine bought one as well and uses it with two sim cards .(It can take one sim and an SD card or two sim cards )
    His own sim and a work sim - it saves him having to carry two phones .

He tells me when he gets home he still has about 30-40% battery life left and he would be making/receiving calls all day , as well as sending emails .

It comes with an Oppo fast charger .

It comes with Android 5.1.1 and Oppo's Color OS on top of it , but they should be releasing a failly vanilla version of Android 6 soon ( look up Oppo Project Spectrum )

Hope this helps :)

Thanks very much for that ninja :)

It appears to be sold out in the flash sale which is a pity

Thanks very much for that ninja :)

It appears to be sold out in the flash sale which is a pity

No problem .

I bought mine from Amazon.co.uk , and it seems to be sold out/gone from there as well .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Could someone recommended a phone for about €200?

Ideally I would like
    (1) Newest Android Installed
    (2) Large Screen
    (3) Shipped from the EU
    (4) Minimum 3GB RAM

I was looking at the Lenovo K3 Note. I know it comes full of bloatware/spyware etc but I could just flash a different ROM. Is there a better phone for the same price?

Thanks In Advance

T-Bird wrote: »
    How is it so far?

Fingerprint scanner is not 'accessible', not too pushed about it though but apparently there is an update that improves the camera and sorts out the fingerprint scanner so will probably apply that ( preferably if I can do it without using flashtools ). There is an OTA update option but that is telling me that I am up to date, but I am not. So I think I need to download the rom and flash it but will take a proper look and find out, as I made a mess of an old P8 with flashtools!!

Everything else is fine, not sure I like the feel of the back of it, and it did come with a clear case but it is clear and shiny with a plastic-y feel to it, so it looks a bit odd (I think). All good so far, but will want to update the software to see if it makes any difference to the camera, but am not too pushed at the moment.

Allyall wrote: »
    pcuser wrote: »
    Could someone recommended a phone for about €200?

Ideally I would like
    (1) Newest Android Installed
    (2) Large Screen
    (3) Shipped from the EU
    (4) Minimum 3GB RAM

Thanks In Advance

234 shipped from Europe or around 210 from Aliexpress (via the UK).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Thanks Eamon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

eamonnq wrote: »
    Fingerprint scanner is not 'accessible', not too pushed about it though but apparently there is an update that improves the camera and sorts out the fingerprint scanner so will probably apply that ( preferably if I can do it without using flashtools ). There is an OTA update option but that is telling me that I am up to date, but I am not. So I think I need to download the rom and flash it but will take a proper look and find out, as I made a mess of an old P8 with flashtools!!

Everything else is fine, not sure I like the feel of the back of it, and it did come with a clear case but it is clear and shiny with a plastic-y feel to it, so it looks a bit odd (I think). All good so far, but will want to update the software to see if it makes any difference to the camera, but am not too pushed at the moment.

Seems Elephone never learn from their lessons. They just rush models out and *fix* afterwards. Eragon on XDA has just got a p9000 and has cleaned up and posted a stock Rom I'd suggest to use that instead.

He also has a great tutorial for P8000 and Windows 10 to follow (obviously don't use same mtk).

Fingerprint and camera will be fixed. Fingerprint on P8000 is super sick now and won't look at another phone unless it has one.

Word of warning, don't ota update if device is rooted as it will brick it. Also a few official stock updates were apparently riddled with malware. So always wait and read reaction from official forum from those who have installed it before you do (see P8000 thread).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

Broke my beautiful Nexus 4 screen and the touch is unresponsive. 110 euro to fix so I might as well just buy a new phone and fix the nexus myself when I get time.

I was thinking about either the Xiaomi Redmi 3 or the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6.
    Battery life is important.
    I'll root whatever phone, install a more efficient custom rom if there is one.

They're pretty much the same price with Gearbest and Amazon.
    Any recommendations? Has anyone used both?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

kevovek wrote: »
    I got my Zenfone max from tinydeals EU warehouse they dont have much of a selection really but it was shipped from Germany and I wasnt charged any customs.

Hi what delivery option did you choose at checkout? And how long did you wait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

JackD9922 wrote: »
    Broke my beautiful Nexus 4 screen and the touch is unresponsive. 110 euro to fix so I might as well just buy a new phone and fix the nexus myself when I get time.

I was thinking about either the Xiaomi Redmi 3 or the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6.
    Battery life is important.
    I'll root whatever phone, install a more efficient custom rom if there is one.

They're pretty much the same price with Gearbest and Amazon.
    Any recommendations? Has anyone used both?
    Don't use Gearbest, Amazon are one million times better if anything goes wrong / it never arrives etc.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

Don't use Gearbest, Amazon are one million times better if anything goes wrong / it never arrives etc.

Now looking on Aliexpress for the redmi note 3 pro ;)

Any users out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I have used both the SU6 and the Redmi Note 2 which is fairly similar spec wise to the 3. I much preferred the SU6 software (Miui had issues with notifications and I just didn't like it otherwise), but the Xiaomi appeared to be a better build quality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement