Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

If you want an External SD Card you are limited to the Redmi series I believe. An example is below.

http://www.oppomart.com/xiaomi/redmi3/xiaomi-redmi-3.html

I've used Oppomart previously. It took 3 weeks to deliver and I paid the €20 charge to guarantee no customs.
    How do they guarantee no customs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'm looking for a sub €200 smart phone any recommendations?

So far I look the look of the Meizu MX5, can be got for about €190 on aliexpress
    I would suggest you spending a bit more and getting something like a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, over here it's like 24€ more but it has a Snapdragon processor, more powerful and efficient, 32Gb of storage vs 16Gb, bigger battery 4000mAh vs 3150mAh.
    It's also more recent, which helps with future updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

So far I look the look of the Meizu MX5, can be got for about €190 on aliexpress
    I love my Ulefone Power which I got 190 on Amazon.
    Was waiting 18 days but no customs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Does the 190 include VAT ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭seamus1980

Hi guys i am looking for a replacement from my leneovo k3 note,is the UMI IRON Pro 5.5 Inch better phone,or maybe the ASUS Zenfone Max
    What do you guys think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Another great phone from last year at a great price.

Oppo Find 7 Elite LTE (3GB 32GB) is on Flash Sale for €134 from Europe.
    http://europe.oppostyle.com/find-7-flash-sale-1

Android Update - https://www.androidpit.com/oppo-find-7-android-update
    CyanogenMod - https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Find7_Info

~ £300 on Amazon

Allyall wrote: »
    Another great phone from last year at a great price.

Oppo Find 7 Elite LTE (3GB 32GB) is on Flash Sale for €134 from Europe.
    http://europe.oppostyle.com/find-7-flash-sale-1

Android Update - https://www.androidpit.com/oppo-find-7-android-update
    CyanogenMod - https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Find7_Info

~ £300 on Amazon

Coming up as out of stock, when I tried to go through the order processing. Am not looking to get one anyway though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

eamonnq wrote: »
    Coming up as out of stock, when I tried to go through the order processing. Am not looking to get one anyway though.
    Yeah same here.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Yeah same here.

I pulled it from another forum, it had been up for a while. They were still in stock when I posted, but maybe only a couple. Pity.
    A few other items on Flash sale on that site.

- Edit - On guy apparently bought 20 :eek: Don't think I'd be into risking that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Great hardware but shockingly badbad, OS. Flyme is a joke and Meizu never sorted any of the problems while I had it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Great hardware but shockingly badbad, OS. Flyme is a joke and Meizu never sorted any of the problems while I had it.

Yeah seems to be the case for a lot of Chinese phones. It's a shame because the camera seems to much better on this then the Redmi Note 3 and the screen seems better too. I think there are custom roms out for it but they are in early stages.

Does the 190 include VAT ?

190 is what you pay on Ali, so you might get sung for customs when it comes in.

I usually use ParcelMotel when ordering anything from China. For whatever reason when using a UK address my post seems to arrive twice as quick as it would to Ireland and I never get popped by customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

190 is what you pay on Ali, so you might get sung for customs when it comes in.

I usually use ParcelMotel when ordering anything from China. For whatever reason when using a UK address my post seems to arrive twice as quick as it would to Ireland and I never get popped by customs.

Out of interest has many people on here been stopped with Parcel Motel/ Parcel Wizard for customs?

GBX wrote: »
    Out of interest has many people on here been stopped with Parcel Motel/ Parcel Wizard for customs?

Would be afraid to risk it with a phone myself, would rather use the Aliexpress sellers that ship to the UK first and then onto me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Absolute bargain alert, no customs drama either with eu shipping

the xiaomi mi4 with snapdragon 801 with 4G is now 117 euro at oppo mart. Unfortunately it's just the 16gb/2gb ram vers which does not have micro SD slot.

For all the people on here buying x y and z for 120 euro plus that receive next to 0 software updates, this is definitely for you as it has countless custom roms, CM13, official updates etc. Heck its still a better phone than most today in terms of speed, camera and battery life.

Would be afraid to risk it with a phone myself, would rather use the Aliexpress sellers that ship to the UK first and then onto me.
    +1
    On the slim chance that it does get stopped, Parcel Motel t&c state that they won't accept it (i.e. they won't pay customs). It will get refused, may get destroyed and you will be charged.
    I may do it with something of substantially less value. But the more that do it, the higher chance of them getting stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Allyall wrote: »
    +1
    On the slim chance that it does get stopped, Parcel Motel t&c state that they won't accept it (i.e. they won't pay customs). It will get refused, may get destroyed and you will be charged.
    I may do it with something of substantially less value. But the more that do it, the higher chance of them getting stopped.

Thats kind of my thoughts too. I guess its ok for smaller items from AliEx etc.

Would parcel motel not just receive a customs letter that they would forward to you in the case of it getting caught?

Would parcel motel not just receive a customs letter that they would forward to you in the case of it getting caught?

No, they will refuse the delivery if there is monies due.

What happens it after that I am not sure, if you had a tracking number you might be able to contact Royal Mail and pay them over the phone and they may re-deliver it but I would not bet on it.

• Advertisement

It depends. If it's Royal Mail, they may try and contact you. If Parcel Motel have rejected it, the original shipper may get told and asked to pay return shipping. It may be too expensive and they may tell them to destroy it. (Royal Mail jump in on this tweet and say that it's unlikely that they would leave a card notifying you, if it was rejected.)
    https://twitter.com/parcelmotel/status/431398696228360193

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Wintergreen

Hey guys my Nubia Z9 Max is wreaked, keeps switching off and I can only get it to turn back on by charging it. Obviously not an ideal situation to be in if it happens while your out and about! It was a great phone but I had issues initially with installing Google Services plus getting the screen repaired was a nightmare.

The experience sort of soured me on Chinese phones but I am looking for a replacement, budget would be 300 - 400 euros. Anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at the Meizu Pro 5 but am not sure. If I can't find something suitable here I was thinking of getting a Nexus 5C as there's currently a sale on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭beardo81

http://www.oppomart.com/letv/l2/le-max-2.html

Le Max 2, 4gb RAM and a Snapdragon 820. Good price and very high end, available for preorder now. Anyone any experience with Le or LeTv whatever they are called?

Apparently doesn't have NFC, I'd sort of expect that with a high end phone.

Elephone P9000

a bit below your budget though!!

What's the best sort of phone coming out of China if you had no limit on what you wanted to spend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

What's the best sort of phone coming out of China if you had no limit on what you wanted to spend?
    It all depends what you want. There's no one Android phone that offers everything anybody could want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Xiaomi Mi5

I have no limits on spending but I still wouldn't go over 200 by much (250 at a stretch!!). :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

beardo81 wrote: »
    http://www.oppomart.com/letv/l2/le-max-2.html

Le Max 2, 4gb RAM and a Snapdragon 820. Good price and very high end, available for preorder now. Anyone any experience with Le or LeTv whatever they are called?

A lot of people here had the LeTV Le 1 and were very impressed with it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement