Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

beardo81 wrote: »
    http://www.oppomart.com/letv/l2/le-max-2.html

Le Max 2, 4gb RAM and a Snapdragon 820. Good price and very high end, available for preorder now. Anyone any experience with Le or LeTv whatever they are called?

Where the feck is the Max Pro gone? Theyve still only shipped a few k sample units. Hnnngh.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Wintergreen

Xiaomi Mi5

That look's awesome, exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks :)

There's a sale on at the moment so its also within my price range:

<Mod snip>

And a little cheaper here:

http://shop.gizchina.com/xiaomi/xiaomi-mi5-675.html

Anyone used either of them sites before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

<Mod Snip>

Don't forget the VAT. Gearbest would not be too popular around here with most folks.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Don't forget the VAT. Gearbest would not be too popular around here with most folks.

Mmm last time with Nubia I paid very little but I noticed with GizChina they say they ship from a European warehouse. Hopefully that would avoid any VAT issues.

Anyone have any experience with that particular seller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

gizchina shop is ok, id stick to oppomart though, and its usually cheapest there

• Advertisement

GizChina's is $20 cheaper and ships from Europe so you'd avoid any additional VAT plus they are throwing in a screen protector and case (Random colour :D ) for free so I think I'll go with them. Thanks for all the help, hopefully I have better luck with this compared to the Nubia!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

<Mod Snip>

Used the Gizchina shop once and they were great, 2-3 day delivery. Came from their warehouse in Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

What's the best sort of phone coming out of China if you had no limit on what you wanted to spend?
    Xiaomi Mi5 or LeEco Max 2

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

A lot of the phones lack band 20 support. How does this affect their 4g effectiveness in the real world (with networks here using band 3 and band 20 for 4g)?
    Ie , if I were to buy the mi5 , am I effectively sacrificing 4g considering that I don't live or work in any of the cities ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Slevster wrote: »
    A lot of the phones lack band 20 support. How does this affect their 4g effectiveness in the real world (with networks here using band 3 and band 20 for 4g)?
    Ie , if I were to buy the mi5 , am I effectively sacrificing 4g considering that I don't live or work in any of the cities ?

willmyphonework.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Still no update on my P9000 being shipped, a week and a half ago I got this standard message about how orders are being handled based on order date, and it would ship in 2-3 days. Apparently they send this to anyone asking for updates.

No update since then...

Think I'll give them a call, and if there's nothing happening I'll ask for a refund and order somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Still no update on my P9000 being shipped, a week and a half ago I got this standard message about how orders are being handled based on order date, and it would ship in 2-3 days. Apparently they send this to anyone asking for updates.

No update since then...

Think I'll give them a call, and if there's nothing happening I'll ask for a refund and order somewhere else.

Jaysus, I have my P9000 over a week now, still haven't gotten around to updating the software yet though!!

I opened a dispute with Paypal, I'll still get it through Gizchina or so (with European warehouses) but it seems it's the store itself ****ing around.

This is a similar complaint on their website, and there's plenty of people with the same issue:
    Hope this might help you. I placed my order Feb 5. After waiting patiently for any info after March 29th I contacted these guys to find out when it would be shipped. I received this "As we arrange shipping according to your order number, there maybe some delay of part orders. We got your message and will send out your package around 2-3 business days." I sent a response asking what they meant by delays on some part orders" I never got an answer. I sent a dispute in with Paypal. I called Paypal and explained the situation. I told them I don't want a refund I want the phone I ordered. I also emailed this company explaining the Paypal dispute was filed because I want to find out when the phone would be shipped and I did not want a refund. Well they chose to refund my money? Why was this ? I believe it was because there was pressure put on them to provide something they didn't have. And that was my phone in stock. I have since purchased it from another company. So today they sent me an email saying "Thank you for your mail. Have you got the refund? After you got it, you can replace your order." HA !!!! are you kidding me ? So now I go back to the bottom of the waiting list while I already have been waiting over 60 days for nothing ? I felt like saying you ship me the phone THEN I'll send you the money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

The 800MHz band (20) is designed for use in large rural areas where a single mast is trying to cover a wide area. The 1800MHz band (3) is for urban cities where the coverage area is smaller. It's not as simple as yes or no though, I'm not aware of the specifics of the 4G coverage patterns used by the network operators here so it is quite possible that depending on who you are with and how they've designed their system you will have limited coverage particularly in rural areas. You can also experience limited coverage in cities when you lack band 20 support depending on how the networks have deployed their networks.

4G is only used for data connections. 3G is still used for all calls and texts even if you are connected to a 4G network so from that regard you don't lose out.
    90sBla wrote: »
    willmyphonework.net
    I don't see how that answers the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭seamus1980

Is there a website guys which shows the scores of chinese phones using andtutu or simular benchmarks.Thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Is there a website guys which shows the scores of chinese phones using andtutu or simular benchmarks.Thx

kimovil.com

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

90sBla wrote: »
    willmyphonework.net

I realise that mi5 will work with band 3 (1800 band), but not band 20 (800 band) . meteor/eir and three use both band 3 and 20 for their network. But I am not sure whether 1800 is only used in cities or large urban areas. And so , my question is- in practical terms, would the lack of band 20 (800) mean that outside of these areas would you get 4g, or to put it another way - his extensive are the networks band 3 (1800) coverage?
    (How do folks with Chinese phones currently fair wrt 4g ?)

Edit - hadn't seen kavrocks reply before I posted- but thought it was band 20 for rural and band 3 for urban(will need to check)

hadn't seen kavrocks reply before I posted- but thought it was band 20 for rural and band 3 for urban(will need to check)
    Yeah it is. I mixed them up in my reply but it's fixed now, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone ever use http://www.igogo.es/ ?

Im wondering what they are like in terms of delivery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Trond wrote: »
    Anyone ever use http://www.igogo.es/ ?

Im wondering what they are like in terms of delivery?

Interested too. Xiaomi mi4 looks good value plus should be no customs charge

• Advertisement

toby2111 wrote: »
    Interested too. Xiaomi mi4 looks good value plus should be no customs charge

The K6000 pro is a great price as well (€125). Think im just gona take a punt on it anyway. That battery:eek:

http://www.igogo.es/product433239.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

The K6000 pro is a great price as well (€125). Think im just gona take a punt on it anyway. That battery:eek:

http://www.igogo.es/product433239.html

I had the non pro and the phone is great, if I hadnt of bought the asus a few weeks ago I'd be all over the pro version.

No micro sd slot on that xiaomi so I'm gonna pass. Is there one on that k6000 pro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

No micro sd slot on that xiaomi so I'm gonna pass. Is there one on that k6000 pro?

Yes there is:

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/a501385b

Just saw its 6 inch, bit big for me

Just saw its 6 inch, bit big for me

Its a 5.5inch screen. The 6 bit is referring to the version of Android on it....

Its a 5.5inch screen. The 6 bit is referring to the version of Android on it....

I know I shouldn't laugh, but :D

Sorry, only had a quick look at it! And my Spanish is crap so couldn't understand the description! I've an Xperia Z3, which I think is a great phone, but have it over 18 months and upgrade is way too expensive. Is that k6000 pro a better spec phone than z3?

Is that k6000 pro a better spec phone than z3?
    No and Sony are rolling out a Marshmallow (Android 6.0) update for the Z3 too. You'd need to be paying more than €100 to out spec the Z3.

• Advertisement

Cheers, is there anything under €150 that would be a good upgrade /improvement on the z3?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement