Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

toby2111 wrote: »
    Cheers, is there anything under €150 that would be a good upgrade /improvement on the z3?
    Not Really..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Sorry, only had a quick look at it! And my Spanish is crap so couldn't understand the description! I've an Xperia Z3, which I think is a great phone, but have it over 18 months and upgrade is way too expensive. Is that k6000 pro a better spec phone than z3?

What is it that you dislike about the z3 or is it just that you think it's time for a change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

UsedToWait wrote: »
    What is it that you dislike about the z3 or is it just that you think it's time for a change?

Don't dislike the z3 at all. As I said above, it's a great phone. Just keeping an eye out for bargains.

Don't dislike the z3 at all. As I said above, it's a great phone. Just keeping an eye out for bargains.

Ah grand, I just thought if there was something specific you were looking for e.g. better/bigger screen, better sound quality, faster processor etc, that might help with getting recommendations..

(I've nothing to recommend to you myself btw - just keeping an eye on this thread as I'm looking for a phone around the same price point as yourself..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I tend to upgrade every 18 months but current provider asking way too much so I'm looking around here for something. Basically, keeping an eye out for something similar to z3- decent screen, quick, good camera, sd card slot, with good support & updates available. I'm not the best with phone technology but don't mind doing a bit of work to get rid of Chinese bloatware, stick on Google play etc or even root it..... Once instructions are pretty straight forward!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hi

Need a bit of advice here please

Purchased a Jiayu S3

Worked fine but have done a factory reset and now it doesn't boot up.

How do i fix it please

Would it be easier to take it to a shop or a very kind forum user to flash it for me - I am over in Dublin from Tuesday for Punchestown

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭horse7

Why the factory reset?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

abarkie wrote: »
    Hi
    Need a bit of advice here please
    Purchased a Jiayu S3
    Worked fine but have done a factory reset and now it doesn't boot up.

Where did you purchase it from?
    What happens when you power it on?

Allyall wrote: »
    Where did you purchase it from?
    What happens when you power it on?

Purchased from Ebay

It had a user name and i wanted to clear it down eg put my own account and start again

It boots to the logo and i can press power and volume up and get the menu

recovery
    reboot
    fast boot

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Are either of these the way you performed the reset?
    http://www.hardreset.info/devices/jiayu/jiayu-s3/

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    Are either of these the way you performed the reset?
    http://www.hardreset.info/devices/jiayu/jiayu-s3/

I had done the first method

I have just done the 2nd method and now it does boot up, but no base pictures / wallpaper

Hopefully i can get it going from there

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

A day after opening a Paypal dispute for my P9000 I get an email from Elephone Store with a shipping number, but no way to track that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

17track.net is the best tracking site. Should locate it for you, once it's been shipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    A day after opening a Paypal dispute for my P9000 I get an email from Elephone Store with a shipping number, but no way to track that :pac:

What shipping method did they say they used ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Hi guys ordered the redmi note 3 pro from oppomart last week, chose EU expedited shipping, got an email for my order saying they would email me when shipped, but haven't received an email since, does anyone know if this is normal or has it not shipped yet and will take 8-12 days from the email date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CarFan100

http://m.igogo.es/product314907.html

Is this eu shipping?

Seems a good price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

mightyreds wrote: »
    Hi guys ordered the redmi note 3 pro from oppomart last week, chose EU expedited shipping, got an email for my order saying they would email me when shipped, but haven't received an email since, does anyone know if this is normal or has it not shipped yet and will take 8-12 days from the email date

How much did it cost in Euros for 32gb version?

http://www.oppomart.com/xiaomi/redmi-note3/xiaomi-redmi-note3-pro.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

CarFan100 wrote: »
    http://m.igogo.es/product314907.html

Is this eu shipping?

Seems a good price

Screen is a bit small on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Also wondering what was asked previously- does igogo.es ship from EU?
    Looking at this http://www.igogo.es/product433239.html
    Edit: Tried ordering and it said up to 60 days for delivery. Good prices but not waiting months.

corkie wrote: »
    How much did it cost in Euros for 32gb version?

http://www.oppomart.com/xiaomi/redmi-note3/xiaomi-redmi-note3-pro.html

sorry it wasnt the note i bought it was just the normal redmi 3 pro,

It was 180.70 for none note version

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

GBX wrote: »
    Out of interest has many people on here been stopped with Parcel Motel/ Parcel Wizard for customs?

My last phone was refused at PM with customs due, no problem though once i sorted payment to her majesty (bar a days delay).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro is not much of an upgrade compared to my current Xperia Z1.

So I don't know why I am even considering it.

corkie wrote: »
    The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro is not much of an upgrade compared to my current Xperia Z1.

So I don't know why I am even considering it.

I had the xperia z3 it's about on par with that except for the camera

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

eamonnq wrote: »
    What shipping method did they say they used ?

That's what I don't get, when I ordered it they gave the option to use DHL/EMS/UPS Express Shipping, but now that it's supposedly shipped they still say it could be either of them, but they didn't provide a tracking nr (might come later) :pac:

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love the phone, but not exactly a good experience with that shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Ok, so ive narrowed it down to 3 phones

Elephone p9000
    Redmi Note 3
    LeTV Le 1S X501

Can someone choose for me pleaaaaaaaase! So confusing trying to make a choice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

thehamo wrote: »
    Ok, so ive narrowed it down to 3 phones

Elephone p9000
    Redmi Note 3
    LeTV Le 1S X501

Can someone choose for me pleaaaaaaaase! So confusing trying to make a choice!
    Have you looked at the software aspect of the phones? Can that narrow it down for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

All quite similar.

P9000 probably gets it on the 4gb ram. REdmi note gets it on the battery the Letev gets it on the looks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

Got the ZTE Axon elite during the week. Took 7 days from gearbest "EU warehouse" for 5er delivery and no customs.

It doesnt look as cheap and gaudy as i expected with the back fake leather edges.
    Feels good in the hand, fairly weighty but i like that and the more squared edges as it means less chance ill drop it.

Havnt tryed it with games or full daily use yet ( as i must get nano sims first) so no feedback on the battery usage. I estimate its average at 3000mAh, doesnt appear to be draining with background apps, its been on 3 days now with plenty browser usage and lots of wifi time downloading apps. and on 12%.
    the phones doesnt have any unwanted "bloatware" from what i see. The cleaner and virus app works well and fast to clear junk and RAM, its called Mi-assitant and im sure the themes are called Micolor! dont know how they get away with that because xiaoMI mi ui.

The camera is the best ive had in a phone, ive had two other models with same sony imx214 before and the software was only ok.
    this software is very easy to use that gives dslr type after effect of refocus due to the dual camera setup. Its pretty good, compared it with my friends HTC dual camera and is much better with brighter clearer photos and easier to use. That said i havnt tested it in night or video yet. But Im more than pleased with it.

The sound to bluetooth headphones and the wired JBL set that comes with is very good, due to the 2x hifi chips. The speaker is above average too, nice and loud and positioned on the front which is great if you want to watch a video or listen to music and dont have the speaker facing down away from you or having to place it screen-down on table to listen to music.

The Ui has no app drawer but i was used to that anyway with MIUI, I didnt think id like the UI but I actually dont mind it, Im stuck with it and happy enough (the device cannot be rooted afaik)
    It has NFC and i think it should be able to work with android pay.

The fingerprint is better than the xiaomi note 3. and the eye unlock works flawlessly in one second, tested it with other peoples eyes and they could not unlock it.

When i first turned it on, it has this "alive share app" that it offers to use at 1st boot to use NFC i think, use with your old phone to swap all files and settings.
    Says 40times faster than bluetooth not sure if its NFC boosts bt or its wifi transfer! i prob wont ever use it, but its an app and its there and i dont know what it does haha

Id recommend this phone if you can get a nice price.
    The only bad point is that its stuck with android 5.02 and doesnt look like they will be updating this model to new versions.
    Also as with some other phones id have you have to make the choice of dual sim OR 1sim and SD card. This isnt a problem though as the phone has 32GB storage. NOT dual 4g, sim2 will be only 3g.

bigmike99 wrote: »
    sHilly, im sure you dont mean that, it was just hard to pass up a Pun :)
    Eamon did mean it though, I never mentioned where I purchased the phone from and I never mentioned a price.
    Now eamon You are being childish...Me saying I just ordered the phone was meaning within the last 24hrs and yes i just checked emails yesterday and it was indeed shipped within 24hrs. Tracking number is for anpost and showing in the Uk right now.
    Im aware of there bad service reports from the site that YOU speak of (girlfriend ordered me a device for christmas that I got end of JAn!) But this is also true of many china sites that claim to have stock when they do not have stock and this is why the estimated order processing for most china sites can be 3-5 days.
    Im confident Ill have the phone by next Monday to report back on it.

Also expecting a delivery from geekbuying of a tronsmart intel atom baytrail dual boot tv box (running kitkat and win10) ordered the same day with DHL , so be interesting to see which comes first.
    Got the ZTE Axon elite during the week. Took 7 days from gearbest "EU warehouse" for 5er delivery and no customs

It doesnt look as cheap and gaudy as i expected with the back fake leather edges.
    Feels good in the hand, fairly weighty but i like that and the more squared edges as it means less chance ill drop it.

Havnt tryed it with games or full daily use yet ( as i must get nano sims first) so no feedback on the battery usage. I estimate its average at 3000mAh, doesnt appear to be draining with background apps, its been on 3 days now with plenty browser usage and lots of wifi time downloading apps. and on 12%.
    the phones doesnt have any unwanted "bloatware" from what i see. The cleaner and virus app works well and fast to clear junk and RAM, its called Mi-assitant and im sure the themes are called Micolor! dont know how they get away with that because xiaoMI mi ui.

The camera is the best ive had in a phone, ive had two other models with same sony imx214 before and the software was only ok.
    this software is very easy to use that gives dslr type after effect of refocus due to the dual camera setup. Its pretty good, compared it with my friends HTC dual camera and is much better with brighter clearer photos and easier to use. That said i havnt tested it in night or video yet. But Im more than pleased with it.

The sound to bluetooth headphones and the wired JBL set that comes with is very good, due to the 2x hifi chips. The speaker is above average too, nice and loud and positioned on the front which is great if you want to watch a video or listen to music and dont have the speaker facing down away from you or having to place it screen-down on table to listen to music.

The Ui has no app drawer but i was used to that anyway with MIUI, I didnt think id like the UI but I actually dont mind it, Im stuck with it and happy enough (the device cannot be rooted afaik)
    It has NFC and i think it should be able to work with android pay.

The fingerprint is better than the xiaomi note 3. and the eye unlock works flawlessly in one second, tested it with other peoples eyes and they could not unlock it.

When i first turned it on, it has this "alive share app" that it offers to use at 1st boot to use NFC i think, use with your old phone to swap all files and settings.
    Says 40times faster than bluetooth not sure if its NFC boosts bt or its wifi transfer! i prob wont ever use it, but its an app and its there and i dont know what it does haha

Id recommend this phone if you can get a nice price.
    The only bad point is that its stuck with android 5.02 and doesnt look like they will be updating this model to new versions.
    Also as with some other phones id have you have to make the choice of dual sim OR 1sim and SD card. This isnt a problem though as the phone has 32GB storage. NOT dual 4g, sim2 will be only 3g.

Nice review..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

UsedToWait wrote: »

Nice review..

the geekbuying device came Monday and DHL charged 36quid customs on a $70 item ffs.
    The phone came Thursday, had a tracking number from 24hrs showing in UK until anpost had it the Wednesday.

LEt me also add the phone sold out last week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement