Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Allyall wrote: »
    Apple can get away with it, because they're Apple.
    But I can't imagine a lot of people liking this. Surely this has to fail? The 3.5mm is standard for everything.

http://mashable.com/2016/04/21/leeco-phones-headphone-jack-removal/#vWjT_vpiCEqU

I don't get it myself, is it really taking up that much space?

Those adapters look awkward as f*ck. Like if its in my jeans pocket it looks like it could bend it and break the USB port on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I think you see an answer to your Le Eco questions here ;)
    http://www.gizmochina.com/2016/04/27/leeco-le-2-phones-unbelievable-record/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Trojan wrote: »
    I went for the Vernee Thor in the end, oppomart.com claim to have it in stock (I'm a little bit sceptical on that, but I confirmed it with them by email). I ordered via express courier, hope to have it by May 8th/9th. Will report back on experience with phone and vendor when it arrives.
    Gizchina is saying it won't ship until 10th May...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I went for the Vernee Thor in the end, oppomart.com claim to have it in stock (I'm a little bit sceptical on that, but I confirmed it with them by email). I ordered via express courier, hope to have it by May 8th/9th. Will report back on experience with phone and vendor when it arrives.

They will tell you anything (like most Chinese sellers) to get the sale, believe them when it shows up, but not before then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Gizchina is saying it won't ship until 10th May...
    eamonnq wrote: »
    They will tell you anything (like most Chinese sellers) to get the sale, believe them when it shows up, but not before then.

Yeah I'm suspicious of the claim. I'll see if they can come up with a DHL tracking number tomorrow, if not I might refund (chargeback if they refuse).

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm suspicious of the claim. I'll see if they can come up with a DHL tracking number tomorrow, if not I might refund (chargeback if they refuse).

Oh they will probably come up with a tracking number, might not be anything to do with your phone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Have my Redmi Note 2 for a few weeks now. Just want to say I think the screen looks awesome. Took a while to get used to the actual size of it, but all other phones seem small now lol. It's just looks so clear and colourful. My S3 mini seems like a toy....The battery lasts well over a day, I even get 2 days from it if not watching too much you tube, but I do use Facebook quite a lot. I don't make a huge amount of texts or calls, and don't use too much data(usually turned off) as I have wifi when I'm at home or work. Charges pretty quickly too. The UI is pretty nice and took no time to get used to. It's also fast and very responsive. No waiting times for things to load. Google maps loads and gets my location in about 3 seconds. The Camera, to me at least, is great. No problems connecting with Wifi or Data. I don't use 4G so don't know if it is compatible or not. I have a couple of tower defense games installed and they work flawlessly. The call quality is good but the call volume I find could be a little louder. As an upgrade from the Samsung galaxy S3 mini, It's like going from dial up to Fibre. I'm very happy with it, and I think my daughter has her eye on one now too. I bought it on Ebay from a UK seller and it cost €169 all in. No bloatware, I just cut my sim down to size and off it went. I had one lock up when flying through settings very fast on day one, but since then, everything is working perfectly. Just thought I'd share if anyone interested in buying one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

Apple can get away with it, because they're Apple.
    But I can't imagine a lot of people liking this. Surely this has to fail? The 3.5mm is standard for everything.

http://mashable.com/2016/04/21/leeco-phones-headphone-jack-removal/#vWjT_vpiCEqU
    Yep, you're right. Apple could do it.
    But as you said Intel is pushing this too (for Android), I guess they have something to earn from this..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Finally got an update from DHL that my P9000 should arrive Tuesday :)

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Finally got an update from DHL that my P9000 should arrive Tuesday :)

Did you track it online? and if so where does the tracking originate from? China or UK ?

• Advertisement

Not yet, but I got a text from DHL saying it should arrive then. From the actual website not a peep anymore.

edit: Says it's in Hong Kong at the moment in the DHL sorting facility.

Not yet, but I got a text from DHL saying it should arrive then. From the actual website not a peep anymore.

edit: Says it's in Hong Kong at the moment in the DHL sorting facility.

That would be a bit strange, as if it is coming from HongKong directly you would expect to have to pay VAT and handling charge.

I'm still waiting for that email or text if it should arrive in Ireland ;)

edit: eamonnq, do you maybe know where I could get the wireless charger to ensure I get it pretty fast ? Not interested in waiting another 3 weeks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Have my Redmi Note 2 for a few weeks now. Just want to say I think the screen looks awesome. Took a while to get used to the actual size of it, but all other phones seem small now lol. It's just looks so clear and colourful. My S3 mini seems like a toy....The battery lasts well over a day, I even get 2 days from it if not watching too much you tube, but I do use Facebook quite a lot. I don't make a huge amount of texts or calls, and don't use too much data(usually turned off) as I have wifi when I'm at home or work. Charges pretty quickly too. The UI is pretty nice and took no time to get used to. It's also fast and very responsive. No waiting times for things to load. Google maps loads and gets my location in about 3 seconds. The Camera, to me at least, is great. No problems connecting with Wifi or Data. I don't use 4G so don't know if it is compatible or not. I have a couple of tower defense games installed and they work flawlessly. The call quality is good but the call volume I find could be a little louder. As an upgrade from the Samsung galaxy S3 mini, It's like going from dial up to Fibre. I'm very happy with it, and I think my daughter has her eye on one now too. I bought it on Ebay from a UK seller and it cost €169 all in. No bloatware, I just cut my sim down to size and off it went. I had one lock up when flying through settings very fast on day one, but since then, everything is working perfectly. Just thought I'd share if anyone interested in buying o
    Agree with everything you said. Have had mine since December.

Just wondering what f/w version and android your on please?

I'm still waiting for that email or text if it should arrive in Ireland ;)

edit: eamonnq, do you maybe know where I could get the wireless charger to ensure I get it pretty fast ? Not interested in waiting another 3 weeks :p

Amazon.co.uk maybe ? Am not too fussed about the wireless charging myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Can anyone recommend the best Chinese smartphone for sub €220~ in terms of camera? Its a big part of my smartphone and they all seem to have decent to pretty good cameras going by the reviews.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Wheres the best EU warehouse delivery website to pick up a Elephone p9000 right now, at the best price? Or what websites should I be looking at in general to pick up phones from an eu warehouse?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Tinie wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend the best Chinese smartphone for sub €220~ in terms of camera? Its a big part of my smartphone and they all seem to have decent to pretty good cameras going by the reviews.

Meizu MX5. 21 Megapixel back 5 Megapixel front. Seems to perform considerably better than the Redmi Note 3 especially in low light settings.

Only trade off is the Flyme OS which is Android based but essentially trying to emulate IOS. Bootloader is still locked so can't install custom roms yet but hopefully it will be unlocked soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Considering buying a tablet from China torn between the chuwi hi8 pro and the telecast x80 plus would either be ordering from geekbuying or aliexpress any feedback would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Aliexpress and DHL will likely land you a customs and DHL handling bill. Got a chuwi 7 inch and got a bill. Delivery was 7 days. Can't comment on the tablet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

the zte axon elite has a good camera set up. Dual back cam.
    Uni u3 had a good camera i THINK and is out a long time so should be less that 150 now.
    zenphone camera reviews are mixed. not sure of the price.
    Older models of lenovo xshot or whatever they call the camera model.
    Gionee have the elife range but i think thats around $400

check out this comparison review of camera in these models, all around the $200 mark
    http://www.gizchina.com/2015/11/16/camera-shootout-oneplus-x-vs-letv-le1s-vs-xiaomi-mi4c/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Meizu MX4, MX4 Pro, MX5 (as mentioned), Also the Xiaomi Mi4C and the Xiaomi Redmi note 3, Jiayu S3 and the Letv Le1 all have good cameras.

The Gionee Elife E8 (64GB) has dropped a couple of times to €240, I know it's a bit more, but normally is priced around €600.
    It may be a sign that it's about to get a permanent drop.
    That site is just an example, It has had flash sales on other sites too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

The Meizu MX4, MX4 Pro, MX5 (as mentioned), Also the Xiaomi Mi4C and the Xiaomi Redmi note 3, Jiayu S3 and the Letv Le1 all have good cameras.

The Gionee Elife E8 (64GB) has dropped a couple of times to €240, I know it's a bit more, but normally is priced around €600.
    It may be a sign that it's about to get a permanent drop.
    That site is just an example, It has had flash sales on other sites too.

Wow that's a great price for that phone. thought that phone was well over 400.
    I know you said that sites just an example but Any experience ordering from the Indian sites? You would want to check the bandwidths anyway I'd say. sometimes these are India specific variants of phones. Well with the MTK phones anyway they change the socs because medatek is not allowed in India! And maybe the bandwidths are only Indian ones too.
    Probably with goinee they are international models.
    I've never thought or ordering from the Indian sites or there was no shipping to Europe when I tried.
    The camera in the elife e7 was supposed to fantastic. Here's hoping your right about price drop because they dropped the e7 to half price after a year. It was only $153 I think when I was tempted by the camera except the Rom was bad and Android 4.2 I think

Edit: your link shows only a drop from 36k Rs to 35k which google says is 530usd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

How often do the oppo Find phones come back into stock on the manufactur website? I see they are all on flash sale but all OOS which is weird. Is the company shutting down and clearing stock?

Oppo are definitely not shutting down, I emailed about an r7s a couple days ago but they had no idea when it come back into stock.

I gave up waiting and bought a Huawei Mate S for 270e on special last night

Oppo are definitely not shutting down, I emailed about an r7s a couple days ago but they had no idea when it come back into stock.

I gave up waiting and bought a Huawei Mate S for 270e on special last night
    Have you got a link to that Huawei offer please?

Its now expired Im afraid, and it was an offer here in Switzerland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Are people still mixing up Oppomart with the Oppo arm of a completely different business?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

iba wrote: »
    Agree with everything you said. Have had mine since December.

Just wondering what f/w version and android your on please?

Android Version 5.0.2 LRX22G
    MIUI version 7.0 Stable 7.0.6.0.0

What's f/w version?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement