Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Forgot to mention it has a microsd slot and a gyroscope which you generally don't get with Chinese phones at that price point. Seriously interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've used OppoStyle before but never OppoMart, anyone had any experiences with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Lukker- wrote: »
    Anyone interested in this?

http://shop.gizchina.com/ulefone/ulefone-future-32gb-rom-smartphone-684.html

Can get it for €175 pre sale.

4GB ram
    2 Ghz Octa core
    16 MP back 5MP front
    Bezel-less 5.5inch 1080p screen
    32GB storage
    side finger print scanner
    stock android 6.0

Any idea what the 'landed' cost would be likely to be including shipping / taxes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

4GB ram
    2 Ghz Octa core
    16 MP back 5MP front
    32GB storage
    stock android 6.0

wonder how the side fingerprint scanner will preform.
    Anyone know what past phones have used the samsung 5K3P3 16mp camera?
    bezelless looks nice, the back is not so nice!

Snap it up guys, it appears the only site now selling for 199 is the gizchina link Lukker provided.
    EDIT: no add to cart option. maybe the first batch of promo 199 price devices are all gone. showing everywhere at 239. now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

4GB ram
    2 Ghz Octa core
    16 MP back 5MP front
    32GB storage
    stock android 6.0
    Would this be a better phone than an xperia z3? Specs look better apart from the camera. But I'm no expert at these things!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

bigmike99 wrote: »

Snap it up guys, it appears the only site now selling for 199 is the gizchina link Lukker provided.
    EDIT: no add to cart option. maybe the first batch of promo 199 price devices are all gone. showing everywhere at 239. now

It says this though

Ulefone Future presale starting May 4th with 199.99$ Flash Deal

I expect it to sell out in seconds or they have like 30 phones at this price if my previous pre sales experience are anything to go by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭alias no.9

bigmike99 wrote: »

Presale starting 4th may according to the link

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Any idea what the 'landed' cost would be likely to be including shipping / taxes?

Should avoid taxes because GizChina shop has a warehouse in Italy. I'm not sure on their postage rates though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Should avoid taxes because GizChina shop has a warehouse in Italy.
    I'd have been surprised if a presale item shipped via their EU warehouse. There is also nothing on their website to suggest it will. Shipping via their EU warehouse typically includes part of the taxes and will most likely be ~€30. They offer shipping from China for ~€15 - €20.

On a side note are people interested in bezel-less phones? I know OEMs tell us this is what we want but I really don't.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    On a side note are people interested in bezel-less phones? I know OEMs tell us this is what we want but I really don't.

I personally would be interested to see the fragility of a bezel less phone. But it seems like a trivial feature really to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

Tinie wrote: »
    It says this though

Ulefone Future presale starting May 4th with 199.99$ Flash Deal

I expect it to sell out in seconds or they have like 30 phones at this price if my previous pre sales experience are anything to go by.

right okay ya i thought they might've started already, up until may 4th or when sell out.
    It said somewhere first 2000units..ulefone offical link to about 14 sites (half on aliexpress) that sell the device. so youd expect them to have at least 100 units each for sale on the 4th so.
    Id expect the presale price having 2 stages will result in the phone being available for the middle price of 239.99 with coupons after presales.
    The 199 price is only cable and phone.no charger.
    after presales or for 239 you will get a package any fast charger and cover and screen protector and Type C to mirco usb adapter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

So where to buy it is the next hurdle!!! 239 is a great deal and Having Android 6.0 to boot is great.

Am I right in thinking that this isn't gonna ship til mid-June?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

So where to buy it is the next hurdle!!! 239 is a great deal and Having Android 6.0 to boot is great.

Am I right in thinking that this isn't gonna ship til mid-June?

It's €208 from igogo.es - They'll probably ship xxx amount over to Spain and then forward orders from there.
    But no vat/duty expected.

10% off using code bs64a until May 8th, Phone ships on 15th of June.

Yotaphone 3 is expected to launch in July/August at a low price and high/decent spec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

accidentally double posted! See below please!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

In my experience, when ive been caught for customs charge, I get notified by text when its due to be delivered if its DHL, and then a phone call on day of delivery about it.

Just got a text indeed telling me about the VAT (37 euro, not too bad) and to pay it online.

I'm like a kid on Christmas morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Right lads!
    A bit of help needed. I am trying to buy from GizChina, but when I come to order I get this error message:
    There is 1 error
    [ol][li]There are no carriers that deliver to the address you selected.[/li][/ol]
    [size={defaultattr}][font={defaultattr}]
    Back[/font][/size]

No carriers available for the address "My address".

Anyone can help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭metroburgers

For anyone who's interested in the Xiaomi Mi5, I ordered the 32GB model from oppomart ($369 + €17.50 shipping) delivery was 2 weeks, no custom charge, parcel was described as Leather phone case & value $70), I'm with 3 and 4G is working fine! Nice phone.
    Received my Xiaomi Mi5 today from Oppomart. Will a normal factory reset remove any bloatware, or should i do a hard reset? Also how can i check if there is bloatware on the phone? Thanks! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Hi guys I ordered a Xioami redmi 3 pro off oppomart 2 weeks ago and didn't get it, so where to now anyone any ideas where i would pick up a similar phone I see the Redmi note 3 on igogo, but delivery is 15 to 60 days, anyone any experience with these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Right lads!
    A bit of help needed. I am trying to buy from GizChina, but when I come to order I get this error message:
    There is 1 error
    [ol][li]There are no carriers that deliver to the address you selected.[/li][/ol]
    [size={defaultattr}][font={defaultattr}]
    Back[/font][/size]

No carriers available for the address "My address".

Anyone can help?

Order it from Chigon on Aliexpress ??:D

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-ELEPHONE-P9000-Helio-P10-MTK6755-64bit-Octa-Core-Smartphone-4GB-RAM-32G-ROM-Android-6/1153179_32600106250.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Buttros

Just ordered the Xiaomi Mi5 from oppomart. Was looking at others but without proper reviews I was very hesitant. The problems with my own phone persisting and metroburgers been happy pushed me over the edge :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Mulling over a load of those suppliers for the Ulefone. How do you know you're gonna get the pack with the fast charger etc, or will you just make that assumption cos it's more than 199usd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Mulling over a load of those suppliers for the Ulefone. How do you know you're gonna get the pack with the fast charger etc, or will you just make that assumption cos it's more than 199usd

It should say it in the description, but I'd imagine they all have it.

Ulephone power is in stock on gearbest EU warehouse for approx €160 delivered.

Cant link it apparently.

Good deal? Anyone here have this? The battery sounds ridiculously good.

Also how is warranty with gearbest EU warehouse deals? Anyone gone through it before, and if so, was it a headache?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

mightyreds wrote: »
    Hi guys I ordered a Xioami redmi 3 pro off oppomart 2 weeks ago and didn't get it, so where to now anyone any ideas where i would pick up a similar phone I see the Redmi note 3 on igogo, but delivery is 15 to 60 days, anyone any experience with these

got it from gizchina for 192 so 9 euro more expensive with eu direct shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

just if anyone had any hesitations about using one of the no customs guys on ali express I used this seller to buy this phone recently couple of months back for the missus. using DHL shipping, phone was posted to the UK and then to Ireland so there were no customs charges. arrived in a bout a week and a half.

much better than the dealings I had with a certain banned website that I don't think I need to mention.

have a Lenovo K3 note myself that I am just updating to marhsmallow atm

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Ryback

I personally would be interested to see the fragility of a bezel less phone. But it seems like a trivial feature really to me.

I can see this being a big problem. I have an LeEco Le1s, which I think is a great phone but the glass runs right to the edges of the device, the top and sides. It looks great but my wife just dropped it on the pavement and it smashed the glass in the top right corner.

To be fair to the phone it still works perfectly and the only noticeable damage is off screen but I reckon the design makes it much more vulnerable to this kind of damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_230567.html?wid=3

Also how is warranty with gearbest EU warehouse deals? Anyone gone through it before, and if so, was it a headache?
    Have mine 2 weeks. Great phone battery last 2 days with heavy use

smilerf wrote: »
    Have mine 2 weeks. Great phone battery last 2 days with heavy use

Hows the camera and build on it? Anything I should know before buying as very interested at that price..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

Hows the camera and build on it? Anything I should know before buying as very interested at that price..
    Build is very good.
    Camera is good but better outdoors.
    I don't know if it just my handset but the headphone Jack is a bit fiddley. Minor gripe.
    Go for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Davy wrote: »
    Reminder to posters on the rules around Gearbest

Please read:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057438229

Cant link it apparently.

Don't forget.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement