Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Tinie wrote: »
    Ulephone power is in stock on gearbest EU warehouse for approx €160 delivered.

Cant link it apparently.

Good deal? Anyone here have this? The battery sounds ridiculously good.

Also how is warranty with gearbest EU warehouse deals? Anyone gone through it before, and if so, was it a headache?
    Don't buy from Gearbest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Don't buy from Gearbest

Okay thanks, didnt know they were such a bad seller, guess ill keep looking then.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

For anyone who's interested in the Xiaomi Mi5, I ordered the 32GB model from oppomart ($369 + €17.50 shipping) delivery was 2 weeks, no custom charge, parcel was described as Leather phone case & value $70), I'm with 3 and 4G is working fine! Nice phone.

Good to know. Are you getting your 4g in a city or out the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Got my Mate S a while ago, beautiful phone I must say. The transition back to android from iOS was much easier this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Anyone know the cheapest place to get the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro? Preferably an EU warehouse so as to avoid customs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

toby2111 wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest place to get the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro? Preferably an EU warehouse so as to avoid customs.
    Not an EU warehouse but no customs: Aliexpress. I've used them myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Just so you get it from all sides, I've used them twice now and they took 2 weeks both times to even ship the items. On both occasions they gave me a tracking number after 3 days, but didn't physically ship it for well over a week and a half later. Once sent, I got it within 3 days which was impressive.

Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired also, but aliexpresses protection is a good reason to buy from them.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Not an EU warehouse but no customs: Aliexpress. I've used them myself.
    How do they get away with no customs?I got hit before from geekbuying

RossieMan wrote: »
    Just so you get it from all sides, I've used them twice now and they took 2 weeks both times to even ship the items. On both occasions they gave me a tracking number after 3 days, but didn't physically ship it for well over a week and a half later. Once sent, I got it within 3 days which was impressive.

Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired also, but aliexpresses protection is a good reason to buy from them.
    Mine were shipped in 3 days and arrived 9 days later. I received my orders 12 days after placing them and found their customer service to be reasonable for a Chinese seller but there is a language barrier.
    How do they get away with no customs?I got hit before from geekbuying
    They ship it to the UK first and then onto you from there.

Do phones from aliexpress come pre loaded with Google Play?Is there much Chinese bloatware?And are they rooted?

• Advertisement

Do phones from aliexpress come pre loaded with Google Play?Is there much Chinese bloatware?And are they rooted?
    They will install their own ROM which has Google Play or you can ask for an unopened box which won't have Google Play. The unopened box has bloatware and isn't rooted. I've no idea about their ROM.

This should all be in the description of the item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

mightyreds wrote: »
    Hi guys I ordered a Xioami redmi 3 pro off oppomart 2 weeks ago and didn't get it, so where to now anyone any ideas where i would pick up a similar phone I see the Redmi note 3 on igogo, but delivery is 15 to 60 days, anyone any experience with these

Hi Mightyreds, I was in the same boat as you. Waited 3 weeks for Redmi 3 Pro from Oppomart. Have cancelled and ordered the same from http://shop.gizchina.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Good jesus lads...

http://shop.gizchina.com/zopo/zopo-speed-8-smartphone-689.html

That's ticked every single box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Hi Mightyreds, I was in the same boat as you. Waited 3 weeks for Redmi 3 Pro from Oppomart. Have cancelled and ordered the same from http://shop.gizchina.com/

Did you have to open a dispute with PayPal I'm getting no reply from them now,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭xlogo

I'm looking for a new phone - any recommendations for screen size 5.2 or 5.3 ? and cost under €200 ??

Good jesus lads...

Does that have expandable storage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Good jesus lads...

Looks very good in fairness.

Anyone know of any European warehouse/shop that ships?

also no expandable storage for those asking, but probably the only con I can find in fairness - unless others have an opinion which I would like to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I'd caution against Zopo, build quality is far from magic, and they're poorfor software updates. Little enough developer support/interest for custom ROMs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Looks very good in fairness.

Anyone know of any European warehouse/shop that ships?

also no expandable storage for those asking, but probably the only con I can find in fairness - unless others have an opinion which I would like to hear.

Pre-order at the moment, not out yet so you could be a while waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Lukker- wrote: »
    Anyone interested in this?

http://shop.gizchina.com/ulefone/ulefone-future-32gb-rom-smartphone-684.html

Can get it for €175 pre sale.

4GB ram
    2 Ghz Octa core
    16 MP back 5MP front
    Bezel-less 5.5inch 1080p screen
    32GB storage
    side finger print scanner
    stock android 6.0

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this one. Delivery options are

Carrier Information Price
    Registered Air Mail From China 10-25 days normally shipping from China $19.00
    DHL From China 3-5 business days shipping from China. $19.50
    EMS From China 5-15 working days shipping from China $47.00

I presume it's a roll of the dice on taxes with the postal option and DHL will almost certainly incur the full spectrum of taxes and charges but much quicker delivery. What do EMS bring to the party for the extra $27.50?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Thinking of pulling the trigger on this one.

It is not available yet, you might be better waiting until they are generally available and being able to 'shop around'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

eamonnq wrote: »
    It is not available yet, you might be better waiting until they are generally available and being able to 'shop around'.

You can get it for 200 dollars pre sale now. If he waits it's gonna be 280 dollars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

mightyreds wrote: »
    Did you have to open a dispute with PayPal I'm getting no reply from them now,

No, they just reimbursed me after I asked them to cancel. I've not received it back in my account but got an email from PayPal that it's been reimbursed.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭UrsusMaritimus

Looking for a little help if anyone can offer some.

My Umi Iron has fallen apart and the camera is now fully out of focus after a drop on the floor so it is time for a new solidly built phone without exaggerated specs, the camera was always very poor and grainy.

Would like a phone with a good camera in both outdoor and low light conditions, the Xiaomi mi5 looks like it would do a good job of this or event eh Xiaomi mi4c (bit confused by some of the spec differences). As a competitor i was thinking the Meizu mx5 but have read reviews that the camera is not as good as it should be.

Is there any other solid competitors that would stand up? Elephone etc. OnePlus or Huawei, budget is around €200 - 250

I presume it's a roll of the dice on taxes with the postal option and DHL will almost certainly incur the full spectrum of taxes and charges but much quicker delivery. What do EMS bring to the party for the extra $27.50?
    Air mail is roll of a dice. DHL is a definite for customs plus their handling fee which they don't publish. EMS isn't a carrier like DHL, it is a system of cooperation between governments and postal operators and in that sense much like the air mail option but faster.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this one. Delivery options are

Carrier Information Price
    Registered Air Mail From China 10-25 days normally shipping from China $19.00
    DHL From China 3-5 business days shipping from China. $19.50
    EMS From China 5-15 working days shipping from China $47.00

I can'rt find the 239.99 package anywhere though!!!

I can'rt find the 239.99 package anywhere though!!!
    Check their presale website? The first link I followed was Geekbuying which has it available in ~20mins although I was able to add it to my cart.

Check their presale website? The first link I followed was Geekbuying which has it available in ~20mins although I was able to add it to my cart.

Sound. What are these lads like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Air mail is roll of a dice. DHL is a definite for customs plus their handling fee which they don't publish. EMS isn't a carrier like DHL, it is a system of cooperation between governments and postal operators and in that sense much like the air mail option but faster.

Thanks, pretty much what I suspected. I've taken the plunge anyway. Will post a brief review when I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Schnooks

Apologies for the threadjack, but I couldn't find anything on the search function.

I got a BV5000 a few weeks ago and am trying to set it up. It has Android 5.1

I require my phone to be encrypted so I can use work email with Airwatch by VMware.

It is starting the encryption (green android man on screen) and after a min or so, it just goes to the black screen with the Blackview logo like it is starting a power cycle and never starts the encryption properly. It does not get any further, I even left it at this stage overnight, and it did not progress. Tried a few factory resets too, same result when I tried encrypting again.

I gave it to a shop, told them to wipe it or factory reset or whatever was needed. They just contacted me today to say that it is stuck partially encrypted and there is nothing they can do. I texted them back saying again they can wipe it anyway they want, not sure they heard me right when I first dropped it in. Haven't heard back from them yet. But I did do a hard reset while it was stuck in that "almost powering down" stage so I may have screwed it :confused:

Just wondering if there is anything else I could try here? Even download something from the Playstore to encrypt it? I did some research online and it is not rooted if that ,means anything (not sure what it means myself)?

It's actually a nice phone with 16GB internal storage and a great screen. Everything else works great, loads of space for games for the small fella etc.

But it isn't much use to me as a main phone if I cannot encrypt it to read work mails on the go.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated
    S.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement