Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

eamonnq wrote: »
    How much are they charging ?

On and around the same. About 230-240 all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

On and around the same. About 230-240 all in.

That's USD.

In Euro:

Banggood €214
    EMS (7-15 Business Days) €22

Geekbuying €217
    DHL (3-5 Business Days) €3.98
    TNT (3-5 Business Days) €6.32
    EMS (7-15 Business Days) €17.50

Tomtop €184 (€174.79 with Code CuponationTop)
    Standard Shipping (10-25 Business Days) €6.46
    Priority Shipping (3-6 Business Days) €15.87

- Worth Noting that using DHL will 100% add 23% (including shipping) + €12.50 handling.
    Tomtop says 3GB in header, but 4GB in description. It has been confirmed that's it's meant to say the same as all of the others in the header (4GB).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Allyall wrote: »
    That's USD.

In Euro:

Banggood €214

Geekbuying €217

Im guessing its just a poor error on Tom Top as they say the phone has 3GB Ram.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

How did you get it so cheap? It is showing 214 for me!

I got it at day 1 price which was 199USD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I like the look of that ulefone future but would a screen protector and a slim case look odd on it? I've gone through 3 cases and about 4 screen protectors with my Z3 so I definitely need a phone that can take a screen protector. My wife's galaxy s6 has that "halo effect" with screen protector on her phone, I wonder would the ulefone future look the same?

• Advertisement

That's USD.

In Euro:

Banggood €214

Geekbuying €217

- Worth Noting that using DHL will 100% add 23% (including shipping) + €12.50 handling.
    Tomtop says 3GB in header, but 4GB in description. It has been confirmed that's it's meant to say the same as all of the others in the header (4GB).

Banggood: €214 + €22 = €236 (Defo within the range of 230-240)

Geek Buying: €217 + €17.50 = €234.50 (Defo within the range of 230-240)

So yeah, I think I was pretty much okay there with my estimations. USD my eye.

Re Tomtop... Never heard of them so I wouldn't even begin to have seen their prices.

---

Now, I'll ask again, Can anyone tell me out of Geekbuying and Banggood who would be the one to trust and plump for given the reputation some of these places have?

EDIT: Tomtop have an absolutely awful rep around the interweb after some research; screw that.

I thought maybe you had been looking at the USD version including delivery without choosing a courier/expedited shipping.

All are decent enough. All will have complaints against individual sellers on their sites. I've used all three and found them all to be ok.

I thought maybe you had been looking at the USD version including delivery without choosing a courier/expedited shipping.

All are decent enough. All will have complaints against individual sellers on their sites. I've used all three and found them all to be ok.

No dude. :) I'm factoring delivery in everything cos there's no point pretending that it won't be charged. Also, reading back at my post, it seems snappy. Apologies, not meant to be.

I've read nothing but bad about Tom Top in English. All good reviews are in Chinese or Cyrillic so I'd wager the Mongols and Han are in love with this company.

So it doesn't really matter re banggood and geekbuying then? Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I bought off geekbuying they were good, but dhl did add vat, that was on 40 euro as geekbuying marked it as being worth 40,so it was about 35 with their charges

I've read nothing but bad about Tom Top in English. All good reviews are in Chinese or Cyrillic so I'd wager the Mongols and Han are in love with this company.

So it doesn't really matter re banggood and geekbuying then? Anyone else?

If your research is just trustpilot, then you should look a bit farther. Saying that, I am definitely not trying to get you to buy from them. I just mean that trustpilot is a bit 'naff' to say the least.
    I find forums a much better source for proper advice. Trustpilot very rarely has reviews that are good.
    Argos
    Currys
    Smyths
    Littlewoods
    Lego scrapes through

RE: Geekbuying and Banggood, Pretty similar. Both have decent return/repair policies too, but either can take quite a long time also (repairing returns).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

toby2111 wrote: »
    I like the look of that ulefone future but would a screen protector and a slim case look odd on it? I've gone through 3 cases and about 4 screen protectors with my Z3 so I definitely need a phone that can take a screen protector. My wife's galaxy s6 has that "halo effect" with screen protector on her phone, I wonder would the ulefone future look the same?

No. It would be fine.. If you must, then Get an expert to fit it.. They are tricky yolks to put on. A glass film one or what?! I never use them.
    There not needed with the gorilla glass and curved edge screens. These gorrila glass3 or 4 or saphire glass screens are very hard to break and they should never scratch unless you get a knife to it!
    They don't scratch at all. They usually come fitted with a screen protector from the factory.
    My last phone had one from factory and I didn't even notice it had one for weeks.
    How did you go through screens protectors?!
    Lol I have mine in pocket with change and keys and never any scratches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

bigmike99 wrote: »
    How did you go through screens protectors?!.
    I'm on my 4th one for my z3, dropped it twice and the screen protector took the force & cracked. My 2 young sons at home have accidentally dropped it also a few times. They're tempered glass screen protectors , wouldn't go without one now as they've saved my screen numerous times. Dead easy to fit also,cost €10 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Davidkiller

Hi what do people think is the best phone to buy for €150 with 4g

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Not sure if allowed to link to XDA, but if you are an Elephone P9000 user check out some of the mods posted there for it - am getting much better camera (color, quality) and battery performance ( 2.4% average drain)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

I bought an UMI Iron back in Nov 2015 from Antelife website thru EU warehouse.Phone worked fine for a few months.Then in January it powered itself off and would not turn on or charge at all.I opened it up (removed 6 screws to remove rear cover) and disconnected battery cable re-connected the battery cable and it started to charge again. Over the past few months its now turning itself off again sometimes 5 times a day but you can power it on again straight away with on button and the battery level is at least 50 % so it not due to a low battery situation.The phone has never been dropped and vell minded. I have contacted the seller but expect them to ask me to return it to China which means I will be without a phone for a long time and I guessing I will have to pay for postage etc and phone probably wont get fixed.
    I have also logged a dispute with Paypal to ask seller for a refund as item is faulty but I may have to escalate to a claim as seller probably wont want to issue a refund.Anyone managed to get a refund or resolution this way

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Hi folks,

I am thinking of getting the elephone p9000 based on some of the reviews online. Would folks recommend buying from an EU warehouse even though there is a price difference.

Was thinking of geekbuying? Has anyone dealt with them around warranty and returns? Would put me at ease if they are good to deal with

Thanks
    Theduffer

ballybro wrote: »
    I bought an UMI Iron back in Nov 2015 from Antelife website thru EU warehouse.Phone worked fine for a few months.Then in January it powered itself off and would not turn on or charge at all.I opened it up (removed 6 screws to remove rear cover) and disconnected battery cable re-connected the battery cable and it started to charge again. Over the past few months its now turning itself off again sometimes 5 times a day but you can power it on again straight away with on button and the battery level is at least 50 % so it not due to a low battery situation.The phone has never been dropped and vell minded. I have contacted the seller but expect them to ask me to return it to China which means I will be without a phone for a long time and I guessing I will have to pay for postage etc and phone probably wont get fixed.
    I have also logged a dispute with Paypal to ask seller for a refund as item is faulty but I may have to escalate to a claim as seller probably wont want to issue a refund.Anyone managed to get a refund or resolution this way

Don't escalate it yet. It'll be unlikely that Paypal will find in your favour. Have you contacted UMI and asked about the warranty?
    They may issue a replacement.
    It may also be a relatively simple fix - Try a different Power Cable
    They will likely send out a new charger to try and possibly a battery.
    Despite some Chinese companies being horrible to deal with, it's not a general rule.
    Tell them where you bought it and explain that you don't want to send it to China and wait months.
    Antelife may not be dealing with this the best way, but you may have a better chance with UMI.

After a few emails, if it looks like it's going nowhere, then look into escalating it.

Although saying that, it's May now. It seems a very long time for it to have gotten this far already. Very little info in your post. When did you start contacting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

theduffer wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I am thinking of getting the elephone p9000 based on some of the reviews online. Would folks recommend buying from an EU warehouse even though there is a price difference.

Was thinking of geekbuying? Has anyone dealt with them around warranty and returns? Would put me at ease if they are good to deal with

Thanks
    Theduffer

http://www.honorbuy.com/660-elephone-p9000-4gb-ram-32gb-rom-smartphone.html

Currently 206 euros it was the second phone I have bought from them with no issues, Stock available in there EU Warehouse. Can't comment about returns as of yet no need to use that route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭beardo81

dunleas wrote: »
    http://www.honorbuy.com/660-elephone-p9000-4gb-ram-32gb-rom-smartphone.html

Currently 206 euros it was the second phone I have bought from them with no issues, Stock available in there EU Warehouse. Can't comment about returns as of yet no need to use that route.

What's delivery time like from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

360 N4 got announced today. Specs:

4gb RAM,
    x20 soc
    Sony imx 258
    32gb memory
    micro sd
    dual sim
    3080mah battery
    finger print sensor
    5.5 inch screen but the dimensions are not as large as other 5.5 phones so may fit better in the hand
    Android Marshmallow
    Fully charged in 90 mins or 10 mins gives 3 hours social media - take that as you will

188 euro inc delivery, shipping from EU no customs etc. Via giztop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Hi guys I picked up a redmi 3 pro off gizchina for a friend, who would be fairly poor tech wise, has anyone used one straight out the box from this site?
    I installed a new ROM on mine as soon as I got it, I looked over his, Google play was on it and no bloatware so it seemed good

Scratch that already need to look for an international version rom cant see on one the miui site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Broke the ****ing Mi3 again. Giving it to the gf now

Anyways, can I expect similar quality for €150 or less? Or will I have to look up to €200.

Any and all recommendations are welcome around that price range

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

The LeEco Le 2 pro looks absolutely perfect for me, the only thing holding me back is the horrible gold colour it comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

beardo81 wrote: »
    What's delivery time like from there?

3 day's with their express delivery service, cost 37 euros approx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Broke the ****ing Mi3 again. Giving it to the gf now

Anyways, can I expect similar quality for €150 or less? Or will I have to look up to €200.

Any and all recommendations are welcome around that price range

Details I suppose, would look for 2gb RAM, 5" screen, 720p or 1080p is grand, not fussy about NFC or 4G but they'd be nice to have. Once it's a nippy enough, nice looking phone I won't be complaining.

AOSP or similar would be great, AOSP or Cyanogenmod would actually be the biggest dealbreakers, can't stand any heavy OS's like Sense, Touchwiz, MiUi.

Thanks lads.

ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini is the No. 1 on the list so far

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jovem

smilerf wrote: »
    I have a Ulefone Power a month now. Build is great it's very fast

My wife is using the Ulefone Power for around a month now. It's fantastic. Battery lasts for days, screen is first rate and it's as fast as my Galaxy Edge. Unbelievable for €165 delivered. Couldn't recommend this phone highly enough

Jovem wrote: »
    My wife is using the Ulefone Power for around a month now. It's fantastic. Battery lasts for days, screen is first rate and it's as fast as my Galaxy Edge. Unbelievable for €165 delivered. Couldn't recommend this phone highly enough

Who'd she/you buy it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jovem

Who'd she/you buy it from?

Alliexpress. Just bought one myself from Gearbest, but this has yet to deliver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

Jovem wrote: »
    I even keep the brightness on a fairly low setting but it's still bright clear and sharp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement