Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Is there anywhere in Dublin that would fix screen for redmi 2 pro? its not actually cracked,dropped it and the screen is gone funny now

You would probably need to get the replacement screen/digitizer yourself and then see would one of the shops fit it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

eamonnq wrote: »
    You would probably need to get the replacement screen/digitizer yourself and then see would one of the shops fit it for you.
    Thanks,i'l look into that or might just buy a new phone

Thanks,i'l look into that or might just buy a new phone

Any excuse!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

eamonnq wrote: »
    Any excuse!!! :D

The best excuse :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Discodog wrote: »
    Can you post a link? I can see it on Oppomart but at €126. How much is shipping & is it from the EU ?

Is this fully compatible with all Irish networks ?

That's the one on Oppomart - it's gone up $10 since the original post. Shipping is $20 and they say that means no tax - not sure if that means it's coming from the EU directly or something else.

4G works on Vodafone, in Dublin anyway - not sure about the others. Think it's Band 3, descriptions will say.
    kc66 wrote: »
    Got one for the wife also. Great value phone. Good build quality. Does the weather app work here at all? Some apps she wanted weren't appearing in the play store but got them no problem with Aptoide.

With the weather app I set my location manually and it works but I haven't checked it when I'm out and about tbh. So far I've just downloaded apps I had on my last phone, never even thought some would be missing. That's disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone ordering the Xiaomi Mi Max? Loves a 6 inch screen so I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

fixxxer wrote:

Considering it great value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Received my ulefone power yesterday, cannot get mobile data working on it at all.

It's showing 4G in the corner but still cannot connect to anything.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Received my ulefone power yesterday, cannot get mobile data working on it at all.

Any ideas?

Do you have the apns correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭beardo81

naughtb4 wrote: »

Any ideas?

I don't have one so I'm guessing here. Pull down the notifications /shortcut toggle menu. Tap your mobile network (should be beside wifi) and it will let you toggle data on and off from here.

Or try Settings> Data Usage and might be in there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jovem

beardo81 wrote: »
    I don't have one so I'm guessing here. Pull down the notifications /shortcut toggle menu. Tap your mobile network (should be beside wifi) and it will let you toggle data on and off from here.

I had the same problem. Spent an hour on the phone with Virgin Media. Go to Data Usage and turn on Mobile Data under Card 1 (and Card 2, if you have two sims). That should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jovem

beardo81 wrote: »

I had the same problem. Spent an hour on the phone with Virgin Media. Go to Data Usage and turn on Mobile Data under Card 1 (and Card 2, if you have two sims). That should do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

fixxxer wrote: »

but what about a 6.44in ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

I had to turn roaming on in order to get my data working weird but works just don't forget to ever turn off if crossing borders etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    I had to turn roaming on in order to get my data working weird but works just don't forget to ever turn off if crossing borders etc
    Are you by any chance with 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Are you by any chance with 3?

Worked for me and I am with 3 anyways.

It's a fix but not one I am happy with, seems really dangerous

eamonnq wrote:
    but what about a 6.44in ?

I've been caught rounding down again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭MarcoAntonio23

My Vernee Thor has arrived according to my tracking #
    I'll report my impressions in the next couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭gn3dr

morgana wrote: »
    I've had the Ulefone Power now for about 3 months and it's a brilliant phone. No issues at all. Love it.
    It is a great phone. But after 1.5 months mine has developed a dead band across the screen. Has to go back for repair. Checking on the web it seems a few people have had the same issue. Pity. Hopefully just a glitch and it will last after the repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Borisgem8

That's a good buy indeed from the streaming giant LeTV. As per overheating due to SD810 didn't see any specific complaints online.

ballybro wrote:
    I bought an UMI Iron back in Nov 2015 from Antelife website thru EU warehouse.Phone worked fine for a few months.Then in January it powered itself off and would not turn on or charge at all.I opened it up (removed 6 screws to remove rear cover) and disconnected battery cable re-connected the battery cable and it started to charge again. Over the past few months its now turning itself off again sometimes 5 times a day but you can power it on again straight away with on button and the battery level is at least 50 % so it not due to a low battery situation.The phone has never been dropped and vell minded. I have contacted the seller but expect them to ask me to return it to China which means I will be without a phone for a long time and I guessing I will have to pay for postage etc and phone probably wont get fixed. I have also logged a dispute with Paypal to ask seller for a refund as item is faulty but I may have to escalate to a claim as seller probably wont want to issue a refund.Anyone managed to get a refund or resolution this way

If you've opened it up yourself would you nit have voided any warranty you may have had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Why is it so cheap? it's a quality looking phone in all honesty, 64gb Rom, 4gb RAM with Snapdragon 810 Processor, I'm a bit suspicious. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Why is it so cheap? it's a quality looking phone in all honesty, 64gb Rom, 4gb RAM with Snapdragon 810 Processor, I'm a bit suspicious. :rolleyes:

I have this phone and it's very good but has problems with wifi and GPS is a bit hit and miss. For that price it's a steel though. Great build and decent camera. Paid a lot more for it only a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

aaronm13 wrote: »
    I have this phone and it's very good but has problems with wifi and GPS is a bit hit and miss. For that price it's a steel though. Great build and decent camera. Paid a lot more for it only a few months ago.

Whats the wifi issue?

Whats the wifi issue?

Very very poor range and constant disconnects if you're to far away from the router. Well known issue if you check their forums. Seems it's not their only phone with this issue either so hopefully it's not hardware related. Marshmallow is rumored to be released for this phone next month which people are hoping fixes this issue. If it does its a killer phone and even better at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I think it's also because of the next wave coming have 3/4GB and 64GB for rumoured similar prices, and 128GB for not a whole lot more.
    Also the overheating that some people were/are experiencing.
    Not sure if that has been fully addressed, but they believe it is fixed with latest updates, for now anyway.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    I think it's also because of the next wave coming have 3/4GB and 64GB for rumoured similar prices, and 128GB for not a whole lot more.
    Also the overheating that some people were/are experiencing.
    Not sure if that has been fully addressed, but they believe it is fixed with latest updates, for now anyway.

No overheating here. Was worried about it because of the SD 810 but never gets overly hot. Both my Meizu mx3 and mx5 got way hotter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement