Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

aaronm13 wrote: »
    No overheating here. Was worried about it because of the SD 810 but never gets overly hot. Both my Meizu mx3 and mx5 got way hotter.

Sorry, I should have said allegedly (and I meant SD810) for price drop with the next wave.
    But I don't believe it ever did actually overheat. Did it? It stops itself (by cutting it's workload/throttling it's performance) So the performance may suffer, in the future more so.
    It had a lot of people talking about it and the rumours spread like wildfire. Then many afraid to purchase it, and it's left on the shelf. I think their hand may have been forced. It's not that price everywhere but is in a lot of places, Goldway also have it at €168.
    It's not entirely accurate and well worth getting at that price imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Allyall wrote: »
    Sorry, I should have said allegedly (and I meant SD810) for price drop with the next wave.
    But I don't believe it ever did actually overheat. Did it? It stops itself (by cutting it's workload/throttling it's performance) So the performance may suffer, in the future more so.
    It had a lot of people talking about it and the rumours spread like wildfire. Then many afraid to purchase it, and it's left on the shelf. I think their hand may have been forced. It's not that price everywhere but is in a lot of places, Goldway also have it at €168.

Definitely at that price its the best bang for buck phone IF they fix the WiFi problem, which I have my doubts they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Got a link to that price of €168 Ally? :)

Allyall wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

The specs for the LeEco 2 (letv renamed to LeEco) are v.good and it's not a huge pile dearer might be worth waiting for. Anyone know when they'll be available over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Got a link to that price of €168 Ally? :)

It's up to ~ €170 now due to the exchange rate
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Letv-Le-One-1-Pro-X800-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon810-Octa-Core-5-5/311331_32367954039.html

Think it ends in a few hours.
    I think it's the same price on the efox shop too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lads any shout on the Nubia Z9 Mini or the LeTV 1S Pro, kinda narrowed my search down to those two. I know the Pro is way higher specced but wondering about ROMs and general hardware related shoite, both have good reviews

Edit* Didn't realise we were just discussing the LeTV... I might have to grab the Nubia then

Lads I'm about to pull the trigger on the LeTV Le 1 pro that Ally linked to.

I just checked and it still works out at €168 if you use revolut

That's insane value for money considering the spec.

I just wanted to ask:

Can someone confirm that the 4g on this will work in Ireland (I use 48 and meteor and would like to have 4g)

Thanks fellas

Alan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I just wanted to ask:

Can someone confirm that the 4g on this will work in Ireland (I use 48 and meteor and would like to have 4g)

Thanks fellas

Alan

Not according to www.willmyphonework.net

"4G LTE Network:
    Carrier Network does not support 4G LTE"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

48 don't have 4G and with Meteor your coverage will be patchy as it's lacking Band 20 (800 MHz).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I have this phone and it's very good but has problems with wifi and GPS is a bit hit and miss. For that price it's a steel though. Great build and decent camera. Paid a lot more for it only a few months ago.

I just wanted to ask:

Thanks fellas

Alan

Take the wifi issues into account too!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the quick replies

Looks like it's a non runner then with no 4G :(

I'm just a sucker for a bargain

#back to the drawing board

I just wanted to ask:

Thanks fellas

Alan

4G works perfect on Meteor in Dublin, never checked anywhere else.

4G works perfect on Meteor in Dublin, never checked anywhere else.

Thanks for your reply mate

So 4g works on metor in Dublin? Hmmm

How bad is the WiFi and GPS?

I might take the gamble and hope the marshmallow update fixes these issues

It's a serious piece of kit for €168

Thanks for your reply mate

So 4g works on metor in Dublin? Hmmm

How bad is the WiFi and GPS?

I might take the gamble and hope the marshmallow update fixes these issues

It's a serious piece of kit for €168

GPS just takes a minute or two to get a lock. Other than that it's perfect. I recently updated to the latest firmware 13s and only started noticing this problem. On 11s I think GPS was good. There's some custom roms out that supposedly has better GPS but I just don't have the time to be flashing different roms for exploring, ah the good old days if a new Rom to try every week.

WiFi is an issue if you depend on it. I can get great speed in my living room but signal is very patchy in the bedroom. Signal was never great there with other phones too. With the 15gb data limit on Meteor I've no need to bother with wifi. I've checked it on Dublin bus and can get a connection.

Letv were really good at releasing updates for this phone with nearly one a month but have been pretty quiet the last while I think that's why people are expecting marshmallow soon but I've seen no official statement on it. For this price the phone is a steal. I think any phone in that price point is going to have the odd problem. If the wifi won't be a problem for you go for it.

Check out this forum for information on roms and the bugs I'm talking about.

http://www.letv.re/forum/55-eui/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Duff

Thinking of buying a cheap backup android phone as my current back up is a Galaxy S3 which is beyond slow. Anything with decent specs around the €100 mark?

Cheers, lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Duff wrote: »
    Thinking of buying a cheap backup android phone as my current back up is a Galaxy S3 which is beyond slow. Anything with decent specs around the €100 mark?

Cheers, lads.
    Xiaomi Mi4 i think should come in around 120

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Duff wrote:

Vernee thor looks pretty good for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

AGOTADO !! :p

Silver is not AGOTADO though!!

http://www.igogo.es/product369707.html

Anybody ever bought from giztop guys?

They have the vernee Apollo light on presale at $199.

What does everyone think of the upcoming vernee Apollo light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Id ignore that one in favour of the Pro version

http://www.igogo.es/product433239.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

My Xiaomi Redmi Pro 3 arrived yesterday from Hongkong Goldway on Aliexpress, €160 delivered with no customs to pay. Took just over 2 weeks.

It came with the global ROM so probably won't bother doing too much with it as pretty much everything works as it should. Really really impressed so far, build quality and screen are far beyond other phones at this price, and the fingerprint scanner has worked 100% so far! Battery so far is phenomenal, currently at 71% having plugged out at 7.30 this morning and using a fair bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

baldshin wrote: »
    My Xiaomi Redmi Pro 3 arrived yesterday from Hongkong Goldway on Aliexpress, €160 delivered with no customs to pay. Took just over 2 weeks.

It came with the global ROM so probably won't bother doing too much with it as pretty much everything works as it should. Really really impressed so far, build quality and screen are far beyond other phones at this price, and the fingerprint scanner has worked 100% so far! Battery so far is phenomenal, currently at 71% having plugged out at 7.30 this morning and using a fair bit!

What shipping method did you pick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Trond wrote: »
    Id ignore that one in favour of the Pro version

http://www.igogo.es/product433239.html

Are Igogo shipping it straight away or do you have to wait until the promo ends like other chinese sites? Do you pay customs with them also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

thehamo wrote: »
    Are Igogo shipping it straight away or do you have to wait until the promo ends like other chinese sites? Do you pay customs with them also?

Not sure re. promo but there's no taxes as they're based in Spain. I've not used them personally as yet but I know two people who did and neither had any complaints...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Trond wrote: »
    Not sure re. promo but there's no taxes as they're based in Spain.
    It's being shipped from Hong Kong though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Is global just English and Chinese languages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Lukker- wrote: »
    What shipping method did you pick?

I chose sellers shipping method which guarantees no customs. Arrived via DPD couriers.

The global ROM contains loads of languages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I chose sellers shipping method which guarantees no customs. Arrived via DPD couriers.

The global ROM contains loads of languages.

Have you a link to who you bought it from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Synode wrote: »
    Have you a link to who you bought it from?

Hong Kong Goldway, should come up on Google

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement