Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Trojan wrote: »
    Ordered the Elephone P9000, I'll report back in a couple of weeks.

Have mine a while now, no complaints. Great phone for the price 210 approx all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

How the hell to ya order from Igogo.es Its a bloody nightmare! Cancelled my oukitel order with everbuying and tried to order with igogo but cant understand a thing! Got to the point where I had to confirm payment, but some message came up I didnt understand and was just thrown back to the start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

thehamo wrote: »
    How the hell to ya order from Igogo.es Its a bloody nightmare! Cancelled my oukitel order with everbuying and tried to order with igogo but cant understand a thing! Got to the point where I had to confirm payment, but some message came up I didnt understand and was just thrown back to the start!

Tried Google Chrome with translate turned on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Get the google translate extension for chrome and click translate this page in the top right hand corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

This may help :P

Joking aside, if you click "Anadir al carrito" under the item you want to buy, it will add it to your shopping cart, which will appear on the top right hand side of the page.
    Click the trolley icon and a drop down will appear. On the bottom of that, click "Tramitar pedido".
    That will bring you to the checkout, where you can enter any coupon codes you may have, and choose your payment.
    Pay with Paypal and your address is already there, or you can register an account.

Top Left of the page also has automatic translation, you can choose English. Or open the site with Google Chrome or Firefox with one of these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Any users of the Xiaomi Mi5 here? Looking for a phone with dual sim and the Mi5 seems to have gotten good reviews. Looking at using the following site http://www.iwantmi.com/index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Allyall wrote: »
    This may help :P

Joking aside, if you click "Anadir al carrito" under the item you want to buy, it will add it to your shopping cart, which will appear on the top right hand side of the page.
    Click the trolley icon and a drop down will appear. On the bottom of that, click "Tramitar pedido".
    That will bring you to the checkout, where you can enter any coupon codes you may have, and choose your payment.
    Pay with Paypal and your address is already there, or you can register an account.

Top Left of the page also has automatic translation, you can choose English. Or open the site with Google Chrome or Firefox with one of these.

Took a quick spanish lesson and it worked. Cheers :P Not sure what I did but it worked in the end. Every time I tried to translate in to English it kicked me back to the very start and the rest would just end up in spanish again.

Anyways, phone ordered, hopefully it wont take too long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just got an email from Wish stating the Umi Rome with 3 GB RAM and 64gb HDD is on sale for €109....surely worth a punt!

Bought an umi hammer when they came out. Will never buy umi again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Anyone else getting a sudden surge of emails from a certain crap, cheap, clone site?
    They have been emailing me and asking a ton of questions, and it's not an automailer. I'm interested to see where it goes, but I have no intention of replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Snow Crash

Bought an umi hammer when they came out. Will never buy umi again.
    What was the problem with the Umi Hammer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hi

Currently got a Jiayu S3 3GB and possibly looking to upgrade but not seen anything leaping out

Needs to be dual sim and Micro SD card

Preferably 5.5" screen

Needs to run on O2 / Band 20

Reasonably decent camera

Anything out there say 4GB and meeting this criteria?

Thanks is advance

Elephone P9000 ?

Second sim OR MicroSD though, not sure if that suits you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

eamonnq wrote: »
    Have mine a while now, no complaints. Great phone for the price 210 approx all in.
    eamonnq: Do you know if the bluetooth works ok with your car's bluetooth? Thanks

And who did you order from....

wait4me wrote: »
    eamonnq: Do you know if the bluetooth works ok with your car's bluetooth? Thanks

If my car had bluetooth I might!! Don't think bluetooth was invented when my car was manufactured !!

Ordered the Elephone P9000, I'll report back in a couple of weeks.

Well, so much for that. Ordered from AliExpress with a Visa Debit, was checked (successfully) with the Verified by Visa thing. Got held by BOI who contacted me to confirm the transaction, which I did, but I got a cancellation email from AliExpress.

They said the order is cancelled, but want photo id, picture of the card & more. I contacted their live chat for a refund and they claim the money is still held by my bank (not in my account according to internet banking). Total clusterfsck.

I need to look for somewhere else to buy. Preferably with PayPal for the extra security.

Well, so much for that. Ordered from AliExpress with a Visa Debit, was checked (successfully) with the Verified by Visa thing. Got held by BOI who contacted me to confirm the transaction, which I did, but I got a cancellation email from AliExpress.

They said the order is cancelled, but want photo id, picture of the card & more. I contacted their live chat for a refund and they claim the money is still held by my bank (not in my account according to internet banking). Total clusterfsck.

I need to look for somewhere else to buy. Preferably with PayPal for the extra security.

Do you not use REVOLUT ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

If my car had bluetooth I might!! Don't think bluetooth was invented when my car was manufactured !!
    :eek::eek:
    Sorry! Reason I asked is that my Redmi while it connects to the car bluetooth, it will not upload my contacts which is a PIA

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1153179

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Do you not use REVOLUT ?

No, though I just heard about it this week.

I'm buying this through business account so wanted to charge directly to it so it shows up cleanly in the accounts.

• Advertisement

I ended up ordering the P9000 from Geekvida.es for €247 all in. That's about 40 quid more than the AliExpress seller, but if it arrives quickly I've no problem with the extra cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭beardo81

Ordered the P9000 from Gizchina and paid by PayPal, choose European shipping

I got a ulephone power from amazon this week for £139. Expecting it on Friday.
    As it was fulfilled by Amazon, returning it will be easy if I so choose as will warranty issues.

Snow Crash wrote: »
    What was the problem with the Umi Hammer?

Camera was crap, plays a load of other stuff that I can't remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

I got a ulephone power from amazon this week for £139. Expecting it on Friday.
    As it was fulfilled by Amazon, returning it will be easy if I so choose as will warranty issues.
    it's coming from China
    Mine took 18 days

smilerf wrote: »
    it's coming from China
    Mine took 18 days

Amazon tracking say it will be here Friday. Its fulfilled by Amazon so they have it in their warehouse.
    I could have used prime and got it to PM next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭beardo81

My P9000 works flawlessly through bluetooth on my Android Wear watch if that's any help

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Davidkiller

Does anyone have the ulefone future and is it any good any links for best price

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It's on pre-sale, not out yet from what i can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Not shipping until the end of next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement