Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Does anyone have the ulefone future and is it any good any links for best price

Not released yet, but I've pre-ordered, so hoping for it quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Buttros

manster wrote: »
    Any users of the Xiaomi Mi5 here? Looking for a phone with dual sim and the Mi5 seems to have gotten good reviews. Looking at using the following site http://www.iwantmi.com/index.php

I have one about ten days. Bought a 64gb black one from oppomart. Arrived in less than two weeks and wasn't charged customs. Label said contents were a leather case.

Very happy with the phone. It's my first android coming from years of windows and iphones before that. Screen and weight / size are great for me. Fingerprint scanner quick and accurate. Battery was great first week. Today out of nowhere it was shocking. Will have to look into removing some (potentially all) of the software. One piece of advice if your getting this phone is get a cover. The back is very smooth to the extent it will slide off any uneven surface and could easily slip out of your hand (thankfully hasn't happened yet, case on its way from Amazon at the moment). It's very quick. Running a benchmark test its up with the Samsung s7. A little faster actually ðŸ˜႒. Camera is pretty class too. Haven't taken many pictures but a few friends commented about the pics on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Use greenify and have a look at your battery stats, bad battery generally means something is being a fat hog for no reason.

Or just give out about MiUi like I do

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Davidkiller

antodeco wrote: »

Where did you pre order from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Buttros

Or just give out about MiUi like I do

Is there a way to remove MiUi and start with something new

• Advertisement

Buttros wrote: »
    Is there a way to remove MiUi and start with something new

Cyanogenmod 13 on the go here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/development/mi-5-rom-7-2-4-0-global-official-link-t3350937

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Fabio wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Xiaomi Redmi 2 owner here. I'm taking a look around for a phone with a full HD screen, not bigger than 5" and has the ability to use SD cards for storage. Must come in under the €200 as well. Is there anything out there? Most that I have looked at are over the budget or else they are giant 5.5" monsters!

Got a email about this if it interests you http://www.coolicool.com/stock-in-europe-wiko-highway-star-4g-mtk6752-15ghz-octa-core-50-inch-super-amoled-corning-gorilla-g-43616?utm_source=cm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cm160526

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Trojan wrote: »
    I ended up ordering the P9000 from Geekvida.es for €247 all in. That's about 40 quid more than the AliExpress seller, but if it arrives quickly I've no problem with the extra cost.

I ordered that yesterday around 11.30am, checked the status today and it was shipped. I checked the tracking number (UPS) on a few sites and it looks right. Shipped from Tarragona, northern Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

I'm a long time android user but my HTC one M8 fell last week and the screen is in shi*te... Apparently it's not an easy fix.

The company I work for replaced it with an iPhone 5s and I absolutely hate it...

Can any of you people recommend me a good phone with a decent spec (maybe a slight upgrade on the HTC one m8?) I was thinking about the xiaomi mi5 or should I hang back and wait for the oneplus 3...

What would you do if you had to use a horrid iPhone? Btw, I do realise how much of a first world problem this post represents!

Beef wrote: »
    I'm a long time android user but my HTC one M8 fell last week and the screen is in shi*te... Apparently it's not an easy fix.

The company I work for replaced it with an iPhone 5s and I absolutely hate it...

Can any of you people recommend me a good phone with a decent spec (maybe a slight upgrade on the HTC one m8?) I was thinking about the xiaomi mi5 or should I hang back and wait for the oneplus 3...

What would you do if you had to use a horrid iPhone? Btw, I do realise how much of a first world problem this post represents!

www.adverts.ie would be my first port of call :p

Mi5 is a top class phone but has the MiUi firmware, which is similar to iOS imo, I can't stand it.

What's your budget?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Does anyone have the ulefone future and is it any good any links for best price

I compared it to the ulefone power. Its a poor comparison. My power is due tomorrow from Amazon

www.adverts.ie would be my first port of call :p

Mi5 is a top class phone but has the MiUi firmware, which is similar to iOS imo, I can't stand it.

What's your budget?

Oh Jaysis if they skin it like iOS I'm out! :)
    No strict budget in mind, but wouldn't really like to spend much more than 350-400 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Davidkiller

I compared it to the ulefone power. Its a poor comparison. My power is due tomorrow from Amazon
    SO there isnt much diffrence in specs is there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Beef wrote: »
    Oh Jaysis if they skin it like iOS I'm out! :)
    No strict budget in mind, but wouldn't really like to spend much more than 350-400 tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAYS8PAdWkk

The oneplus 2 has gone down to €319 ahead of the 3's launch. I think I'll go for it at that price - seems like very good value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Currently have a GalaxyS5 & looking to change. Was debating just going for the S6... any recommendations for an alternative would be appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

One plus two has just had a price reduction.

S6 reviews aren't all that promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Currently have a GalaxyS5 & looking to change. Was debating just going for the S6... any recommendations for an alternative would be appreciated!

I liked the S6 a lot more than the Oneplus 2. Camera is much better and a smother android experience. The OP2 was a but of a shambles with oxygen 2 on it. Maybe that will change when 3.0 final is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Whats everyones opinion on the UMI super??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

RossieMan wrote: »

fixxxer wrote: »
    I liked the S6 a lot more than the Oneplus 2. Camera is much better and a smother android experience. The OP2 was a but of a shambles with oxygen 2 on it. Maybe that will change when 3.0 final is released.

I'm out of contract at the moment, I was hoping to avoid signing back up for another 24 months which is what I will have to do if I go for the S6.
    If I'm buying upfront my max budget is around €300 (Preferably less but will spend for a decent phone!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

I'm out of contract at the moment, I was hoping to avoid signing back up for another 24 months which is what I will have to do if I go for the S6.
    If I'm buying upfront my max budget is around 300 (Preferably less but will spend for a decent phone!)

Im pretty much in the same boat. Im fried from looking up models. Was going to go for Elephone P9000 but see some review where it says browsing on net is slow. Not sure if this was sorted with software uo grade. One plus 3 is due now or the reduced One plus 2.How essential are NFC ,Infrared ,Sd slot would people say or what exactly is essential for some bit of future proofing. Im sure whatever i choose there will be a better phone out the following week for less. The Joys.All advice welcome. Would like to see a vote maybe for the top 5 in the 250/ 350 bracket of chinese phones..

SO there isnt much diffrence in specs is there

There was enough difference to make me get the power which has a bigger battery among other things.

My power arrived today direct from Amazon uk ( 5 days on free delivery)
    Its a nice phone,everything works out of the box.

Its heavier than the Vodafone SU 6 but that's down to a bigger battery.
    Its a well made phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Does anybody know what happened to Wiko and Ubuntu?

I remember reading that there was some agreement in place, and then Wiko released a Windows phone.
    That was supposed to get a Ubuntu port that users could download and install (voiding the warranty) if they liked.

Then the prices on them dropped and ubuntu was never mentioned again. I know Ubuntu isn't the polished article, but all the work for that was done.
    I was going to buy one, and I think had one ordered but cancelled when it seemed to have been pulled.
    But now I can no longer find any information at all regarding it. Nothing.
    None of their Smartphones seem to have Windows anymore either.

Has anyone put Android 6.0 beta onto a ulefone power?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

eamonnq wrote: »
    Do you not use REVOLUT ?

I had the same problem with ali. I won't be giving all the verification data requested as its giving all that's needed to clone a card!

How does revolut work? You put money in, then use it as an online or physical debit card? Can you put up a work address for deliveries or only your residential address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Looking at getting the ulefone future. Seems to be a cracking phone for the price. The lack of nfc is the only thing putting me off. Any other recommendation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

RossieMan wrote: »

S6 is a better phone than the OP2 but you wont get it as cheap obviously.

Maybe an LG G4? Theyre good value now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Pre Ordered the ulefone future last night but since been looking at the umi super. That 4000mah battery looks decent. Anyone using the umi super?

Pre Ordered the ulefone future last night but since been looking at the umi super. That 4000mah battery looks decent. Anyone using the umi super?

The power is 6000. Got 1 1/2 days of heavy use and still had a bit left when put on charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Ryback

antodeco wrote: »

Any chance of a short review after you pick this up? I'm having issues with my LeTV Le1s, so may be looking for a replacement. The phone won't maintain a connection to the network which is quite the problem. Was looking at getting an Ulefone Future as a replacement since it covers LTE bands 3 and 20.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement