Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Ordered it from bang good and says its shipped. Whether it is or not is another thing.
    There are reports that UMi have started shipping the UMi Super already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Kavrocks wrote: »
    There are reports that UMi have started shipping the UMi Super already.

Yeah a lot of the resellers have pic up showing they are in stock.

Anyone know how long shipping normally take with Bang Good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Mi4c (2GB/16Gb) is on Aliexpress [Hong Kong Dreami] for €109.47 include the possibility of tax + handling = ~ €143 Delivered

OnePlus 3 is launching in two weeks and won't require invites.
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/1/11827822/oneplus-ending-invitation-sales-for-oneplus-3

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I've decided to buy a vernee Apollo lite after much research.

Great spec, supports band 3 and band 20 and it has an open source kernel which means there should be good support for it

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

I just got the Ulefone Power but I can't seem to get 4g with Vodafone. Is there any settings I need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Its seems that a lot of the Chinese phones don't have NFC. You'd image that with more mobile payment option coming to the market that this would be a must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I just got the Ulefone Power but I can't seem to get 4g with Vodafone. Is there any settings I need?

Is your data turned on?.
    I'm with eir and have 4g

Is your data turned on?.
    I'm with eir and have 4g

Ya data is on by I'm only getting 3g.
    Preferred network is on 4g so not sure what's going on.

Ya data is on by I'm only getting 3g.
    Preferred network is on 4g so not sure what's going on.

Do you normally get it? Can you try a different sim ?

Do you normally get it? Can you try a different sim ?

Had a xiaomi note one all along with no 4g.
    I tried another sim and at times the large 4G came on. But when I turned on the data I never actually got 4g.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I've decided to buy a vernee Apollo lite after much research.

Great spec, supports band 3 and band 20 and it has an open source kernel which means there should be good support for it

Please post a review after you get it

Looks to have everything I am looking for

Dual SIM & Micro SD card and band 20 coverage

Looks to be pre sale though?

Had a xiaomi note one all along with no 4g.
    I tried another sim and at times the large 4G came on. But when I turned on the data I never actually got 4g.

I've had the power a week. Never had issues with 4G. Getting about 1.5 - 2 days out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Has anyone gone for the Leeco le 2 range yet? Looking at the le2 Max but I know some people had some issues with the Le 1s. Xiaomi mi5 the other one I'm considering are there any other better alternatives with a budget of about €350?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Argh, my Ulefone Future was meant to be shipped yesterday (paid extra for early shipping). Turns out it won't be available for at least another 2 weeks. Was onto BangGood chat, and it was like talking to someone with no fingers. Quite annoyed. If it wasn't for the bezel less screen I wouldn't have bothered with it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its seems that a lot of the Chinese phones don't have NFC. You'd image that with more mobile payment option coming to the market that this would be a must.

Its due to media tek chipsets. NFC incurrs an additional license fee. So they've something called "hot knot." But I've never seen anything that actually utilises it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Lukker- wrote: »
    Think I'm going to order a Umi Super, seems to meet most of my needs. Can't find any solid info on when they start shipping though, anyone know?

I'd wait till after they are actually out in public before getting another umi. I've the emax from last year and it didn't have everything advertised for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

qwabercd wrote: »
    I'm considering are there any other better alternatives with a budget of about €350?
    Nexus 5X.

OnePlus 3 up for preorder on oppomart....
    http://www.oppomart.com/oneplus-3.html/

That's the "Blind Sale" finished.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Those of ye with recent purchases, who is happiest with the camera performance?
    It's the main thing I need to be good really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Has the camera in the P9000 improved since launch? Heard it has some issues that Elephone were saying was because the camera app wasn't finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭beardo81

Lukker- wrote: »
    Has the camera in the P9000 improved since launch? Heard it has some issues that Elephone were saying was because the camera app wasn't finished.

It has improved alright, it's an..... Ok camera. The most recent update improved shutter speed a little, it was quite slow before. Also focus seems better.
    Camera is still not great in low light. It takes some nice snaps with decent lighting and you can get some good detail there.
    Seems like a half decent sensor and if they keep updating the software then they may make it better still. Good to see they are pushing updates too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

My Jiayu S3 has NFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

2013s Xiaomi Mi3 had NFC, as said before it's partly due to Mediatek, partly dependant on the phone. Generally at the lower end (under €200) people would prefer a bigger battery or sharper camera over NFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Allyall wrote: »

Aah ffs had my mind made up on a ulefone power for about €180 delivered and now this comes up for around the same.
    Anyone here any idea which one of the above 2 would be the better buy?
    Have my head melted reading reviews/specs st this stage.
    The ulefone is coming from amazon so should have a better customer service if I needed it but after that I haven't a notion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

On the Aliexpress app Im getting a offer for a Cubot Note 2 for 89.40, the spec is brilliant for the price.

http://s.aliexpress.com/vyERrUVN

Edit 3G only :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Anyone own a 6 inch phone? Are they overly big or ok to handle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Allyall wrote: »

Says it's 2G only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Synode wrote: »
    Says it's 2G only?

2.0ghz core processor rather than 2G phone network capabale

"MTK6755 2.0GHz 64Bit Octa-core Processor"

"Band
    2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
    3G: WCDMA B1/B2/B5/B8(2100/1900/850/900MHz)
    4G: FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7/B20(2100/1800/2600/800MHz)
    TD-LTD B38/B40(2600/2300MHz)"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

I think ive been unlucky with my ulefone power. My camera wont open. It says another apparently using flash. Did reset. Still no joy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement