Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Anyone know anything about this phone,apart from being cheap,anygood ?

ttp://www.ebay.ie/itm/DOOGEE-Unlocked-Android-5-1-Quad-Core-5-5-2GB-16GB-GPS-4G-LTE-Mobile-Smartphone-/262204836811?hash=item3d0ca04bcb:g:nkEAAOSwNsdXRRMB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

smilerf wrote: »
    I think ive been unlucky with my ulefone power. My camera wont open. It says another apparently using flash. Did reset. Still no joy

Does it say cannot connect to camera, or Another app is using flash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

Allyall wrote: »
    Does it say cannot connect to camera, or Another app is using flash?
    yes another app using flash but I can't see any app doing it

yes another app using flash but I can't see any app doing it

Can you screenshot it when it appears.
    Do you have a flashlight app on the phone?

If you reboot the phone, does it still happen?

Can you screenshot it when it appears.
    Do you have a flashlight app on the phone?

If you reboot the phone, does it still happen?

If I reboot it sell don't work

• Advertisement

Screen

Go to settings -> Apps -> Camera -> Force Stop + Clear Data
    Reboot your phone.

If it still happens,
    Uninstall any apps that you have installed that use the camera (Snapchat, kik, etc.) and repeat the above.

If you have a microSD card in your phone, remove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

For anyone that has ordered from banggood will an eircode work for the zip code when ordering?
    Keep getting refused because the zip code is blank and not sure what to enter.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about this phone,apart from being cheap,anygood ?

ttp://www.ebay.ie/itm/DOOGEE-Unlocked-Android-5-1-Quad-Core-5-5-2GB-16GB-GPS-4G-LTE-Mobile-Smartphone-/262204836811?hash=item3d0ca04bcb:g:nkEAAOSwNsdXRRMB

Camera and battery not great, but apparently decent for the price.. There are many decent phones around that price on flash sales and different sites if you look around.
    The valencia pro (Doogee) is supposed to be decent, or the Homtom HT3 Pro.
    http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/doogee-valencia-2-y100-pro,doogee-x6-pro,homtom-ht3-pro
    wilser wrote: »
    For anyone that has ordered from banggood will an eircode work for the zip code when ordering?

I always use 0000.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

I don't fancy reading through hundreds of pages. What is the general consensus on what Chinese phone is the best one?

I'm currently using a OP2 having previously had a note 3 and then a note 4, I'd like to stay at this size. I would be a heavy enough user so a decent battery is essential, I'd like a lot of ram for the phone to be quick while opening apps etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I don't fancy reading through hundreds of pages. What is the general consensus on what Chinese phone is the best one?

I'm currently using a OP2 having previously had a note 3 and then a note 4, I'd like to stay at this size. I would be a heavy enough user so a decent battery is essential, I'd like a lot of ram for the phone to be quick while opening apps etc.

Xiaomi Mi5 or Mi Max would be the top end ones, depending on your ROM 2gb is normally fine.

Whats your budget?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Xiaomi Mi5 or Mi Max would be the top end ones, depending on your ROM 2gb is normally fine.

Whats your budget?

Anything under €500 is ok.

Im just fed up of being stuck in a contract so I'm going to go down Chinese phone route and 30 day rolling contracts or just PAYG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

wilser wrote: »

Why wouldn't you enter your Eircode?

If the box is there enter your Eircode.

I haven't used it - but apparently eircode isn't working all that great. Causing more problems than it is solving.

https://brianmlucey.wordpress.com/2015/06/25/the-eircode-mess-a-view-from-the-usa/

Some people taking extra long to get their items, or not getting them at all.

What?

How is that even possible? Are people just using the Eircode without any additional address?

Like just putting K75 F496 on the package with nothing else and hoping for the best.

I've had no problem using the Eircode when delivering anything. I mean it is quite absurd to think that a new postcode would have "zero" bugs but to blame stuff not being delivered is kinda bizarre.

If my address is:

123 Main St
    Lucan
    Co Dublin
    K79 E4F7
    IRELAND

How could the Eircode possibly cause any issue? At all?

If someone left out the IRELAND part and say posted it in Canada then of course there could be confusion but that's not Eircode's fault.

For years we have done without and stuff got here; my default post code was always something like D0BL1N or something like that if it was a required field and I never had an undeliverable.

---

The clincher though is your anecdotal "Some people..."

Use it, don't use it, but there is no way there is any evidence that the Eircode could possibly slow down delivery. It just isn't credible. All the other information being correct it acts as a check more or less if it is included. If it's not included then An Post rely on the address as before and if that's wrong they'll do what they've always done, have a gander at the possibilities.

We've all heard stories of mad stuff being delivered by An Post:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/fun-times/this-letter-is-proof-that-an-post-can-find-anybody-342914.html

---

That whole blogpost from Lucey is a crock of uninformed shoite. Anyway, moving on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

And my remarkable luck with bricked phones continues.

After flashing a chinese ROM onto a US version of the Le Eco 1 Pro I've had for a week, I was left with a pretty device that made Windows make an annoying sound whenever it was plugged in, and not much else, no recovery, no bootloader, no nothing.

Messed up the whole boot configuration afaik.

However I'm not the only one and had a tutorial available, and can now safely say I have brought a totally hardbricked device back to life.

With a new US ROM in tow ;)

Anyone that's interested in the OnePlus 3-

OnePlus 3 free VR Headset over the next few days - Ireland (rumoured to be 5,000 a day worldwide).
    More info about the OnePlus 3 and the Promotional events - http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/mobile-phone/oneplus-3-feature-specification-rumours-oneplus-3-images-leak-online-6gb-4gb-15-matt-htc-best-amoled-hold-vr-june-official-free-popup-3632312/

I upgraded my crocked Galaxy core Prime to Marshmallow today and it's zooming away. I think I'll wait for a while now before taking the plunge on the Ulefone Future. The lack of NFC really has put me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

That whole blogpost from Lucey is a crock of uninformed shoite.
    Eh.... no.

Moving on I agree with. :)

Not your ornery onager

Go to settings -> Apps -> Camera -> Force Stop + Clear Data
    Reboot your phone.

If it still happens,
    Uninstall any apps that you have installed that use the camera (Snapchat, kik, etc.) and repeat the above.

If you have a microSD card in your phone, remove it.
    I can't find a camera in settings-apps

• Advertisement

I can't find a camera in settings-apps
    It was under fast camera. Seems to have worked thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Having never ordered from bang good before and knew people on here had just wanted to find out what worked for them. Used 0000 as a zip code and the order went through no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Anything under €500 is ok.

Im just fed up of being stuck in a contract so I'm going to go down Chinese phone route and 30 day rolling contracts or just PAYG.

For half that you'll get a decent phone

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Whats the best chinese hanset - camera wise - at the moment ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Can anyone be so kind as to recommend me the best Redmi note 3 that will get 4g on Three? I'm a bit confused with all the options.

I bought a note 2 recently from this shop with no problems, but i dont mind where its coming from.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/342812/search?SearchText=Redmi+note+3+&minPrice=&maxPrice=&filterAllSearch=false&freeShipCountry=

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Satriale wrote: »
    Can anyone be so kind as to recommend me the best Redmi note 3 that will get 4g on Three? I'm a bit confused with all the options.

I bought a note 2 recently from this shop with no problems, but i dont mind where its coming from.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/342812/search?SearchText=Redmi+note+3+&minPrice=&maxPrice=&filterAllSearch=false&freeShipCountry=

Was that full of bloatware chinese stuff? or just ready to go good old english and google play ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Satriale wrote: »
    Can anyone be so kind as to recommend me the best Redmi note 3 that will get 4g on Three?
    None of them will have full 4G coverage in Ireland as they all lack the 800 MHz 4G frequency. They do have the 1800 MHz 4G frequency which is used in large cities like Dublin.

The best Redmi Note 3 kind of depends what you are looking for too. If you want the best hardware then the Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime is the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Was that full of bloatware chinese stuff? or just ready to go good old english and google play ....

It was for my mother but AFAIR it was ready to rock and roll out of the box, I might have had to set the timezone or something but nothing major.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Kavrocks wrote: »
    None of them will have full 4G coverage in Ireland as they all lack the 800 MHz 4G frequency. They do have the 1800 MHz 4G frequency which is used in large cities like Dublin.

The best Redmi Note 3 kind of depends what you are looking for too. If you want the best hardware then the Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime is the best.

Is this the same for the redmi 3?

That's a disaster if it is cause I just ordered one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement