Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Has anyone got their Ulefone Future yet?

I'm waiting for mine from TomTop but although I got a PayPal receipt, I got no order confirmation from them (not unusual with them but a tad worrying all the same). I'm not sure if they've even been released yet add I read somewhere that they were delayed.

Been trying to get a confirmation number to check order status (as I didn't create an account like a dumbass) but their office hours are ****ed and online chat is never active.

PayPal claim could be coming but I'd rather the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

accap1f8 wrote: »
    Is this the same for the redmi 3?

That's a disaster if it is cause I just ordered one.

Check here- great site.
    willmyphonework.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

wilser wrote: »
    For anyone that has ordered from banggood will an eircode work for the zip code when ordering?
    Keep getting refused because the zip code is blank and not sure what to enter.

I ordered from bang good and just entered Limerick for the post code. AFAIK they don't lookup the post code like some uk/USA sites so it shouldn't matter what you enter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Pique wrote: »

I'm waiting for mine from TomTop but although I got a PayPal receipt, I got no order confirmation from them (not unusual with them but a tad worrying all the same). I'm not sure if they've even been released yet add I read somewhere that they were delayed.

Been trying to get a confirmation number to check order status (as I didn't create an account like a dumbass) but their office hours are ****ed and online chat is never active.

Are they not just pre order at present? Would have thought they would have sent an order confirmation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Think of getting the OPX but contemplating holding out for the ZUK Z2.

Any other suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Ryback

I believe they released a statement regarding supply issues, if you Google for the XDA Developers thread for the Future you should see more details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Ulefone Future looks a nice phone but that battery is a bit of a nuisance. I'll wait for the reviews before giving it a proper look, right now the UMI Super looks interesting.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Currently delayed. Orders out on the 15th. Upgraded cases due to the delay!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

Just got Elephone P9000 yesterday but cant seem to get mobile data working on 3IRL. Only getting 3G roaming no matter what i select. Amyone have a fix for this or know what i need to do.. Cheers

patq16 wrote: »
    Just got Elephone P9000 yesterday but cant seem to get mobile data working on 3IRL. Only getting 3G roaming no matter what i select. Amyone have a fix for this or know what i need to do.. Cheers

Check your APN settings against those from threes site. You should also have an option to register the phone on the network. This option should be in the same section as the APN settings

I had a similar issue with my Le 1s, was always showing as roaming and 3g would constantly drop. Also had issues making calls. Got a Meteor pay as you go sim as a test and this works perfectly on 4g and 3g. It's strange since they both use the same bands as far as I know.

Not exactly a great solution but might be worth popping in a sim from another network to see if this might be the case on your phone.

I've just moved my number over to Meteor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

Looks like I'll be returning my Ulefone Power.
    Camera has been down again for a few days I can't fix it this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

smilerf wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be returning my Ulefone Power.
    Camera has been down again for a few days I can't fix it this time

Would you try a different ROM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

Allyall wrote: »
    Would you try a different ROM?
    I don't a thing about rooting I'm afraid

smilerf wrote: »
    I don't a thing about rooting I'm afraid

There's a guide on their site. Have a look at it before you do anything.

http://ulefone.com/download/power.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭b.gud

Will probably be ordering 2 phones, one for me and one for herself, from oppomart this week anything to be aware of before I order?

Also anything I should do with a Xiaomi Mi Note Pro when I get it?

Thanks in advance

Xiaomi mi5 going for 300 euro including EU delivery on Oppomart at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Ryback wrote: »
    Xiaomi mi5 going for 300 euro including EU delivery on Oppomart at the moment

Would you go for that or the one plus x?

Would you go for that or the one plus x?

Specs wise the Mi5 is streets ahead. Have heard concerns regarding the performance of the One X. Of course you'd have to weigh that against the lack of support you'd receive for the Mi5 and the hassle of dealing with any issues that may arise as you're buying from China.

Personally if I'd go for the Mi5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭circadian

Does anyone have any experience with the Elephone P9000? Thinking of getting the OH one but all the reviews say the camera app is a bit slow and pants which is the main sticking point.

Huawei P8 is on iBood for €249.95. That's a great price for that, delivered with 2 year warranty.
    3Gb/16GB version.
    http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product-specs/13802/28151/huawei-p8.html

If anything goes wrong with it, Huawei service repairs is quite fast too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Can someone recommend a Good mobile from this site Aliexpress around €150/200 5./6. inch display 3g touch screen. I am mesmerized by what is on offer.
    May be my age.confused.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

DERICKOO wrote: »
    Can someone recommend a Good mobile from this site Aliexpress around €150/200 5./6. inch display 3g touch screen. I am mesmerized by what is on offer.

It's easier to pick a phone and then head for shops than head for shops to look for phones I find.

Try kimovil.com to find a phone for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

DERICKOO wrote: »

You will have customs charges on anything from China.
    I got a ulefone power from Amazon UK, fulfilled by Amazon for £189. No customs duties and sent back to Amazon if there's any issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

It's easier to pick a phone and then head for shops than head for shops to look for phones I find.

Try kimovil.com to find a phone for you

that's a great website. cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Lads has anyone ordered from oppomart before?

Im just about to order a phone for my girlfriend and the only shipping option available is Europe Expedited shipping which is $19.99 and they gaurantee no VAT/customs charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Can anyone advise me if this phone is OK for threes 4g?

Spec's say 800mhz is there for 3g .

LeTV Le1 Pro X800

http://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-letv-s1-pro-64gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭beardo81

circadian wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with the Elephone P9000? Thinking of getting the OH one but all the reviews say the camera app is a bit slow and pants which is the main sticking point.

Good phone but camera isn't the best. Not totally shoite but slow at times and mixed results depending on what light you shoot in.

Lads has anyone ordered from oppomart before?
    Im just about to order a phone for my girlfriend and the only shipping option available is Europe Expedited shipping which is $19.99 and they gaurantee no VAT/customs charges

Yep, I've used them a few times. They're much cheaper on some brands, and shipping takes about 11 days.
    Satriale wrote: »
    LeTV Le1 Pro X800

You can check it here - http://willmyphonework.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Satriale wrote: »

LeTV Le1 Pro X800

It works fine, sitting with one picking up LTE in my hand now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

It works fine, sitting with one picking up LTE in my hand now

Hey mate,

Do you experience any wifi and/or GPS issues with your LE 1 Pro?

Someone else with this phone reported wifi and GPS issues only a few pages back in this thread

Also whats the battery like?

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement