Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hey mate,

Do you experience any wifi and/or GPS issues with your LE 1 Pro?

Someone else with this phone reported wifi and GPS issues only a few pages back in this thread

Also whats the battery like?

Cheers

Battery is meh, it lasts me the day most of the time but it dies on me more often than I'd like

GPS is fine for me anyways.

Don't use the WiFi a whole lot but it's not bad from what I've found. Where my Mi3 would pick up a weak signal, the X800 says the signal is too weak to connect to, so it's a little worse than that, but it was a fair distance anyways. Unless you're far from the router it's grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Battery is meh, it lasts me the day most of the time but it dies on me more often than I'd like

Do you use the 2nd sim slot? Is it turned on or off?
    It can often extend the battery life having it turned off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Allyall wrote: »
    Do you use the 2nd sim slot? Is it turned on or off?
    It can often extend the battery life having it turned off.

Don't use it. Can't imagine it's turned on if it's empty? Nothing in the settings for it, the second slot doesn't even show up greyed out, it's just gone

Don't use it. Can't imagine it's turned on if it's empty? Nothing in the settings for it, the second slot doesn't even show up greyed out, it's just gone

Not sure about that phone, but in settings there might be a "sim & mobile networks" setting.
    You can turn it off there if there is. Although if you don't even have a sim in it, it probably won't make any difference.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If you read a few pages back, you'll see plenty of information about the p9000. Some seem impressed with it, but not as much as the reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

What?

How is that even possible? Are people just using the Eircode without any additional address?

How could the Eircode possibly cause any issue? At all?

The clincher though is your anecdotal "Some people..."

Use it, don't use it, but there is no way there is any evidence that the Eircode could possibly slow down delivery. It just isn't credible. All the other information being correct it acts as a check more or less if it is included. If it's not included then An Post rely on the address as before and if that's wrong they'll do what they've always done, have a gander at the possibilities.

When eircodes went live, people were sendings items with just the code on it and then giving out to An Post when items were delayed. Eircodes are not a full address but some people can't help being dciks and trying to blame others for their own ignorance! If it was an emergency situation people would not insist on just giving the ambulance /fire service just their eircode!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

I have redmi note 2, I would like to buy something with 800mhz.

the ideal for me will be:
    5.5 -5.7 display
    3-4GB
    battery 3000+
    finger print
    dual sim
    cpu > helio x10, so helio x20, snap650, etc
    ui close to android stock

any suggestions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi,
    Is the xiaomi mi 5 a non runner here due to not supporting LTE band 20 (at least from what I can work out online)?

Has anyone got one?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is the xiaomi mi 5 a non runner here due to not supporting LTE band 20 (at least from what I can work out online)?

Has anyone got one?

I've not got one, it doesn't support 800mHz (4G band 20) as you said, but it does support 1800mHz (4G band 3), I'm not sure what the coverage is like in rural areas for that, but it should be okay in most of Ireland. I can't remember which way the adoption of bands went with three when they took over O2.

As far as I know, Vodafone and Meteor/eMobile operate on both 1800mHz and 800mHz.

You can check it here
    DzcELmL.jpg?1

Many Providers in Europe also use 1800mHz. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks_in_Europe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I got this from a search...

Re: 4G Bandwidths. Hi there, At present Vodafone Ireland are using band 20 (800 MHz) for LTE. The 1800 MHz (band 3) spectrum is not currently enabled.

Which is giving me 2nd thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Just not the xiaomi 4g issue. I got a xiaomi redmi 3 which I believe has the same bands.
    With Vodafone and very rarely get 4g in Cork.
    Pops up the odd time but nearly always 3g.

This came up in the search results just there. May be useful - http://editorsean.com/articles/three-using-lte-band-20-800mhz-and-throttling-downloads/

Although the last update was last year.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Think I'm going to give up on the Ulefone Future. I ordered on day 1 with BangGood and Ulefone now say they don't know when they will receive it.

It was the 6th June.
    Then the 15th June.
    Now they don't know.

Rumours are suggesting 24th June at the earliest, but they are shipping to "preferred" outlets only, even though BangGood was one of them!

Think I'll just request a refund at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Thats why I never do presale its too annoying waiting.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thats why I never do presale its too annoying waiting.

At this stage, I'm half tempted to just pre-ordered the Smart 7 Platinum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_361291.html

umi super phone for 200 dollars. quick description of phone is 5.5 inch Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Android 6.0 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Helio P10 64bit Octa Core 2.0GHz 5MP + 13MP Cameras Fingerprint Scanner Type-C HiFi

Looks decent, its dual sim, nice construction. nice specs.
    Anybody have any other comments on this particular phone. Ive never heard of umi until recently.

danko82 wrote: »
    I have redmi note 2, I would like to buy something with 800mhz.

the ideal for me will be:
    5.5 -5.7 display
    3-4GB
    battery 3000+
    finger print
    dual sim
    cpu > helio x10, so helio x20, snap650, etc
    ui close to android stock
    band 20, 800mhz

any suggestions?

anyone here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

One plus 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

GBX wrote: »
    One plus 2?

3, I think.

• Advertisement

kupus wrote: »
    http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_361291.html

umi super phone for 200 dollars. quick description of phone is 5.5 inch Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Android 6.0 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Helio P10 64bit Octa Core 2.0GHz 5MP + 13MP Cameras Fingerprint Scanner Type-C HiFi

Looks decent, its dual sim, nice construction. nice specs.
    Anybody have any other comments on this particular phone. Ive never heard of umi until recently.

it looks very good. I was looking to it as well.
    My concerns are about:
    1 band 800mhz, does it have it?
    2 upgrade, how is the umi with the firmware upgrade? I would like to have a phone with constant upgrades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

anyone here?

Kimovil is your best friend, pick a few that you personally like the look of not what someone recommends and post a few links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

Labs everbuying have a flash sale on the ulefone power right now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

it looks very good. I was looking to it as well.
    My concerns are about:
    1 band 800mhz, does it have it?
    2 upgrade, how is the umi with the firmware upgrade? I would like to have a phone with constant upgrades

I got the Umi eMax that was supposed to have an upgrade to Android 5. But it never came through. They kept stringing it out for months and ditched it at the end of the year.

To be honest with UMI, you are better off waiting for user feedback before getting one of their phones. Great specs on paper, but they've so far been shown to do very little to support'em. I think they've released at least 6 new phones since the one I got. They just keep producing a new handset and expect you to follow through if you want something more recent. There's been very little in the way of custom roms for them due to them considering their own products to have a short shelf life.

xiaomi is doing the same..
    for example with redmi note 2 and 3..
    redmi note 2 is just receive update for miu, mean just new icons and nothing other..
    no android 6, no android 5.1..
    everyone has is very disappointed with xiaomi.
    never more a phone from them.

I'll give another shout out for a Jiayu s3 (3gb version). Have mine over a year, very active rom development: XDA/Jiayu.de, TF Xtreme, Cyangenmod. Android 6.0 in the works from XDA/Jiayu.de in coming week or so. Cracking phone for the money.
    http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/e54a3134

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

GBX wrote: »

Looks good on paper but I'd wait to hear user feedback. Both the OP1 and OPT had problems at launch. My OP2 had only a semi functioning finger print scanner and the OS was buggy as hell. Hopefully the OP3 is better from the off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

I got the Umi eMax that was supposed to have an upgrade to Android 5. But it never came through. They kept stringing it out for months and ditched it at the end of the year.

To be honest with UMI, you are better off waiting for user feedback before getting one of their phones. Great specs on paper, but they've so far been shown to do very little to support'em. I think they've released at least 6 new phones since the one I got. They just keep producing a new handset and expect you to follow through if you want something more recent. There's been very little in the way of custom roms for them due to them considering their own products to have a short shelf life.

Ordered the umi super and its with an post now so should have it shortly. I'll post a review. Hope they will have some form of support but at that price point I'll probably upgrade quicker than I normally would do.

The tracking says the origin is the Netherlands. Does this mean I won't be hit for Vat? It was shipped with Post NL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ordered the umi super and its with an post now so should have it shortly. I'll post a review. Hope they will have some form of support but at that price point I'll probably upgrade quicker than I normally would do.

The tracking says the origin is the Netherlands. Does this mean I won't be hit for Vat? It was shipped with Post NL

You should be OK, tracking should mention if it's flagged by customs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement