Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Thorough review on the umi super camera. Doesn't look great.

http://youtu.be/EqHNxlIFoPY

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Thorough review on the umi super camera. Doesn't look great.

http://youtu.be/EqHNxlIFoPY

Looks to be a software problem, hopefully it can be fixed via OTA updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I've decided to buy a vernee Apollo lite after much research.

Great spec, supports band 3 and band 20 and it has an open source kernel which means there should be good support for it

Any news on this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

abarkie wrote: »
    Any news on this?

July release, apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Bought this after advice from a earlier post,
    5.5" DOOGEE Valencia2 Y100 Plus Android 5.1 Quad Core 16GB 4G LTE for €75,
    Please with it so far, nice screen, quick, posted from UK although it is from a Chinese seller, not had it long so early days yet but so far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Bought this after advice from a earlier post,
    5.5" DOOGEE Valencia2 Y100 Plus Android 5.1 Quad Core 16GB 4G LTE for €75,
    Please with it so far, nice screen, quick, posted from UK although it is from a Chinese seller, not had it long so early days yet but so far so good.

A fine phone, i ordered a few of them for others after getting mine. Mine has been kicked around the place and is still going strong (albeit with a shattered screen). i've a Umi super ordered for as change though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

Looking through aliexpress i bought this phone should have it next week seller ships out of europe so no taxes. I find stuff sent by nl post gets through anyway without a problem.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Oukitel-K6000-Pro-MTK6753-Octa-Core-Smartphone-5-5-FHD-2-5D-Screen-3G-RAM-32G/32643493243.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Satriale wrote: »
    A fine phone, i ordered a few of them for others after getting mine. Mine has been kicked around the place and is still going strong (albeit with a shattered screen). i've a Umi super ordered for as change though.

One problem i noticed i cant send apps to SD card, option is greyed out, even Apps i downloaded, was this the same for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    One problem i noticed i cant send apps to SD card, option is greyed out, even Apps i downloaded, was this the same for you?

Only some apps, I never investigated why though as it never became a problem for me. I thought it was a feature on some apps themselves rather than the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭horse7

Any solutions to this glitch. Have a jaiyu s3s, with 2 sims, can access both my Gmail and Hotmail accounts, but can only send emails from one account, if I send from Hotmail ,the Gmail will not send,and Visa versa. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

horse7 wrote: »
    Any solutions to this glitch. Have a jaiyu s3s, with 2 sims, can access both my Gmail and Hotmail accounts, but can only send emails from one account, if I send from Hotmail ,the Gmail will not send,and Visa versa. Thanks

Is that through the email app or each specific app ?

The email app.

Thanks,have it sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

homingbird wrote: »
    Looking through aliexpress i bought this phone should have it next week seller ships out of europe so no taxes. I find stuff sent by nl post gets through anyway without a problem.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Oukitel-K6000-Pro-MTK6753-Octa-Core-Smartphone-5-5-FHD-2-5D-Screen-3G-RAM-32G/32643493243.html
    6000 mAh battery? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah that is why i am getting it the only down side is its going to be heavy with that size battery.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhMmU0dEwKI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thargor wrote: »

The ulefone power is similar. The weight isn't an issue!
    3 days battery life is a definite plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

homingbird wrote: »
    Yeah that is why i am getting it the only down side is its going to be heavy with that size battery.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhMmU0dEwKI

Its not too bad I had the non pro K6000 and loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Can you post up how you find it? Very seriously considering buying it for battery life and robust case and screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Would be interested to hear how you get on with that aswell please Homingbird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

Am about to pull the trigger on the P9000, is the camera as slow as people are making out?

Also who is the best to buy from with European stock? Gearbest is out of stock. Tomtop have it for €211 but I have never used them. Or should I just get it from Amazon for €244 for the sake of peace of mind with guarantee etc.

Any help really appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

branners69 wrote: »
    Am about to pull the trigger on the P9000, is the camera as slow as people are making out?

Also who is the best to buy from with European stock? Gearbest is out of stock. Tomtop have it for €211 but I have never used them. Or should I just get it from Amazon for €244 for the sake of peace of mind with guarantee etc.

Any help really appreciated!
    I've used Tomtop a few times, they're safe enough. I've never yet used their priority shipping, so I don't know if they use DHL or UPS etc. Elephone have EU repair centres, so it'll be as safe as Amazon after a month or so, and on warranty.
    http://www.gizchina.com/2016/01/07/elephones-first-european-service-centres-are-now-open/

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just got the p9000 from the Banggood. Been waiting nearly 2 months for the Ulefone future, as they keep changing the date the stock will be available.

Went for the black from EU warehouse, so hopefully will have by the end of next week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

antodeco wrote: »
    Just got the p9000 from the Banggood. Been waiting nearly 2 months for the Ulefone future, as they keep changing the date the stock will be available.

Went for the black from EU warehouse, so hopefully will have by the end of next week..

Took mine a week to arrive from the EU warehouse. But it was well worth the wait/price

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

what I don't like about the P9000 is the cpu.. Helio P10 is old generation, for that price I prefer something with X20 or greater.
    I am thinking for LE eco X620, with X20, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

Are there any phones around the €200 that can handle h.265?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

branners69 wrote: »
    Are there any phones around the €200 that can handle h.265?

you should look at the cpu..I think nowadays every phone..
    helio x10, x20, P10, etc
    snapdragon 800 and greater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Received my Oukitel K6000 pro today. Nice phone, tad on the large side. Only issue at the moment is that its dropping 3g signal all the time, seems to always be on Edge of cell. ANyone know why this might be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

thehamo wrote: »
    Received my Oukitel K6000 pro today. Nice phone, tad on the large side. Only issue at the moment is that its dropping 3g signal all the time, seems to always be on Edge of cell. ANyone know why this might be?

Are you with Three?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Are you with Three?

No Tesco mobile

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement